Bigger stack matter?

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don’t know, I didn't notice this, there are always bad hands in the game and it doesn't depend on the number of chips!!!

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
You only remember the bad beats so this is why you will always think about the large stack winning because if they win they knock you out.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's not that often, but yes there are times when I see a big stack player playing all in with any 2 cards and winning 90% of the times. I think "this is his lucky day".

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I, too, really hope this is just a theory. It's just that when I go in late in the registration process and I get a strong hand - I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose when I play against a bigger stack. That's how it turns out that one-on-one I win very rarely before seeing the flop. Moreover, I play with a stronger hand (but I have less chips) and.... I lose. About 8 out of 10 hands. I tried to request statistics from PokerStars and analyze the % (at least for 1000 hands), but the support service did not provide me with these statistics. They don't keep statistics for freerolls. :mad::(
Oddly enough there is also the theory of the small stack always beating the bigger stack. Again, not true but there will always be conspiracy theory's.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Yes, my many years of experience confirms this and I play according to a certain strategy - against a big stack, only all in preflop and only with a monster hand. In all other situations, I prefer not to mess with a big stack. Leave all the blah blah blah about ev and the winning percentages of each hand to the theorists. The larger stack wins most of the time. Dot

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yes, my many years of experience confirms this and I play according to a certain strategy - against a big stack, only all in preflop and only with a monster hand. In all other situations, I prefer not to mess with a big stack. Leave all the blah blah blah about ev and the winning percentages of each hand to the theorists. The larger stack wins most of the time. Dot
My homage to the beautiful girl I see on pokerstars all the time. Ira, and I'll be honest: I'm afraid to play against you, as you are a very strong player! You've played over 2,500,000 hands in cash games on PokerStars! Such valuable experience! My trolling at you in chat and my offenses against you (when you knocked me out of tournaments).... I want to sincerely apologize to you! I behaved in a way that was not nice to you. Great advice: just try not to play against a stronger stack with an average hand. Thanks, Ira! I'll remember that! And see you on the PokerStars tables! ;)

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I agree, I've seen many times that when all-in, a player with a lot of chips and a weak card wins the pot.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
That's what I mean - having just a bigger stack
to become monster stack from early of tournament is what every player's dream

and than I feel myself more secure and more chance to win hands like this

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Here's a theory. Usually, those players who have a bigger stack than others win more often. It doesn't matter what cards they have.... the main thing is that their stack is just bigger than yours. So I'm wondering: how often have you noticed how a player with the biggest stack beats 4-5 players with a small stack, but who have much stronger cards (assuming all players go all-in pre-flop)? :unsure:
Here's a counter theory. The players with the big stack started with a small stack. So it could just be certain players that are sun running in a particular game and just getting a big stack, until some of them eventually get busted.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
One more example from right now tournament

If, on the other hand, my stack was much smaller, this hand would end up with a flush and my opponent would win.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I, too, really hope this is just a theory. It's just that when I go in late in the registration process and I get a strong hand - I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose when I play against a bigger stack. That's how it turns out that one-on-one I win very rarely before seeing the flop. Moreover, I play with a stronger hand (but I have less chips) and.... I lose. About 8 out of 10 hands. I tried to request statistics from PokerStars and analyze the % (at least for 1000 hands), but the support service did not provide me with these statistics. They don't keep statistics for freerolls. :mad::(
Hello brother

First, what my brother @Luvepoker says is true. In a hand-to-hand confrontation, always the worst hand of all, for example, a 72 can beat AA but the percentage will be very low, 6 to 1 or 5 to 1. Other hands have percentage hands, but there is always that possibility.

As for when 5 enters an all-in. And well that's a tombola or bingo, in general the one with the best card wins.

I thought like you a long time ago, but when I started playing cash a while ago, I realized thanks to studying the game that 85% of the hands that I criticized or blamed on the system or bad luck, had been lost because the one who played badly was me.
And let's say "my luck" began when I began to study the game and reduce the number of hands in which I may have these problems.

I will cite you an example. You have 99 in UTG and you open, CO reraises 3 bets and SB reraises 4 bets and BB reraises allin. Answer me, what chance of winning the hand with 99 do you have???
That is, assuming CO calls and has 1010, SB calls and has JJ, and BB has AA, you'll have to hit the 9 showdown first for your set, and none of the others complete a set. At the same time, you can complete your set but a straight flush can come that is won by one of your opponents, or a ladder, very normal things that happen in a multiway allin.

Do you understand what I say???? Calculate that 99 many times it is complicated in a one-on-one scenario, imagine in a multiway scenario!!! So dear friend, in those situations you should press the fold button and wait for the next hand. This is how players who achieve great things play, many times folding.

Finally, I leave you with your concern about the hand histories in poker stars. You must go to the "settings" tab and where it says "game history" there you will have 2 options "hand history" and "tournament history". You must select a folder on your PC and all your histories will automatically appear in the indicated folder.

greetings brother, and I hope I was able to help you:):):)

Attachments

• historial de manos.png
    historial de manos.png
    253.4 KB · Views: 6
  • historial de torneos.png
    historial de torneos.png
    243.4 KB · Views: 7
jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips

If, on the other hand, my stack was much smaller, this hand would end up with a flush and my opponent would win.
Hello Irina how are you friend

Now I understand how you get to the top so easily in tournaments hahahaha

A joke, but you have to understand the following:

1) In the hand of A8 vs. K10, I would not commit all in my stack by playing lucky diamonds. That is a very recreational play. In that hand, if you take action, the first thing I would think of, surely logically you have the Ace, you can have up to two pair. So what chance do I have with my K10??? the suited of diamonds with the K. Do you know in cash the infinity of players who lose entire boxes with this hand??? you can't even imagine The difference is that in a tournament this bad play leaves out

2) in the hand of 1010 the one who had the best preflop chances of winning the hand is you, I also would have paid more if I had any notes from some players. UTG to go allin with 22 is not wanting to play. The one who calls AQo from UTG 1 in not understanding the game too much, is the worst hand to call an all-in. The one who in MP I think pays with 99 well that one doesn't understand too much either, he is 4 positions behind and 99 is not the best hand to pay in that position. Instead you with 1010 had only 4 superior combos AA, KK, QQ, and JJ behind you that would win you preflop. So from that position I also would have paid.
Of course, if it had been as it should be, UTG making OPR, and the rest making re-raises, maybe the hand would have also ended in all in but it would have been mostly thought. I'm talking about how I would have played.

3) in the hand of J10o I think your game was almost from the book hahaha.
It's more I think the other 2 players played for you to win. First limp in MP1 total recreational player, Call from SB another recreational and they just find in BB a player with enough experience. Really, being bet 3 streets 1BB per street is like throwing lambs into the wolf's den hahaha Here it is said like that, it's a joke. But really, in that hand they didn't put any kind of pressure on you, so that you could fold. BEWARE, maybe you didn't fold, but at least you had to commit your stack to see if your nuts were completed.

But I congratulate you, because they are 3 very clear examples, that not everything is luck in poker. When you play badly, you have to admit that you played badly.
I think it is the first rule to progress in this game.

I send you a kiss friend from Bahia Blanca argentina

Your friend Carlos:):):):love::love::love:

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello brother

First, what my brother @Luvepoker says is true. In a hand-to-hand confrontation, always the worst hand of all, for example, a 72 can beat AA but the percentage will be very low, 6 to 1 or 5 to 1. Other hands have percentage hands, but there is always that possibility.

As for when 5 enters an all-in. And well that's a tombola or bingo, in general the one with the best card wins.

I thought like you a long time ago, but when I started playing cash a while ago, I realized thanks to studying the game that 85% of the hands that I criticized or blamed on the system or bad luck, had been lost because the one who played badly was me.
And let's say "my luck" began when I began to study the game and reduce the number of hands in which I may have these problems.

I will cite you an example. You have 99 in UTG and you open, CO reraises 3 bets and SB reraises 4 bets and BB reraises allin. Answer me, what chance of winning the hand with 99 do you have???
That is, assuming CO calls and has 1010, SB calls and has JJ, and BB has AA, you'll have to hit the 9 showdown first for your set, and none of the others complete a set. At the same time, you can complete your set but a straight flush can come that is won by one of your opponents, or a ladder, very normal things that happen in a multiway allin.

Do you understand what I say???? Calculate that 99 many times it is complicated in a one-on-one scenario, imagine in a multiway scenario!!! So dear friend, in those situations you should press the fold button and wait for the next hand. This is how players who achieve great things play, many times folding.

Finally, I leave you with your concern about the hand histories in poker stars. You must go to the "settings" tab and where it says "game history" there you will have 2 options "hand history" and "tournament history". You must select a folder on your PC and all your histories will automatically appear in the indicated folder.

greetings brother, and I hope I was able to help you:):):)
100% correct brother. What I love about your example is the BB with AA, what many players dont realize is if all 3 call his all in he will only win 54.7% of the time.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what I can say is that it depends on several factors to be an ev+ strategy, being the deepstack of a semifinal table is very advantageous to put pressure on the shortstack of the table.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The amount of the stack is of key importance in Texas Hold'em. In any round, there is a chance that all your chips will end up in the center of the table, so you need to monitor not only the size of your stack, but also evaluate your opponent's stack.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ofc a big stack matters because you play more comfortable and aggressive and play more hands

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I also see big stacks pulverized in two, three hands in a row, these things happen.
this is poker.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play according to a certain strategy - against a big stack, only all in preflop and only with a monster hand.
I can understand this and it's not a bad strategy if you know a big stack will call your all-in. playing monster hands gives you the most preflop equity against a call range and you get to realize your full equity.
In all other situations, I prefer not to mess with a big stack. Leave all the blah blah blah about ev and the winning percentages of each hand to the theorists.
what? the reason why you choose to only play monster hands vs a big stack is because you know they have a greater chance to win in a situation where you're at risk of busting out.

this is also why you'll fold and not play hands like 27o, because you know they have a greater chance to lose and your chances of busting increases.

so, you might not study preflop equity in situations, but you understand how they apply based you choosing to only play hands that make you an equity favorite when all-in vs a big stack.

also, equity and winning percentages are not a theory.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Here's a theory. Usually, those players who have a bigger stack than others win more often. It doesn't matter what cards they have.... the main thing is that their stack is just bigger than yours. So I'm wondering: how often have you noticed how a player with the biggest stack beats 4-5 players with a small stack, but who have much stronger cards (assuming all players go all-in pre-flop)? :unsure:
Players with bigger stacks have more Power to lord it over the table, they will widen their calling ranges to take smaller stacks out, when they go all-in, simply because a player with only 10/15 BBs is going to have to shove at some point and if you have over 100 BBs then losing to a shorter stack is not going to cripple you.
Doyle Brunson won two world titles with 10/2 not because it is a great hand but he called All-in bets from opponents with smaller chip stacks that could not damage his bigger stack if he lost the hand. I once called a player heads up without looking at my hand simply because I had 90% of the chips and he couldn't hurt me if I lost the flip. He had A/K and I had 6/2 off and I won, pairing my 2 on the River.
But there are draw backs to this, Have you ever heard of the phrase "Hero to Zero"? It happens all too often, I got to the FT in a Bounty Hunter game and the player with the biggest Bounty was also the shortest in chips, So at some point he had to have lost a massive all-in that he couldn't come back from, this made him a juicy target to go after and eventually he went out to a sick cooler, his A/K suited getting beat by pocket 4s.
That's Poker!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips

Ira, that's right! When I created this topic, I had such hands in mind. If you have a bigger stack, your opponent very rarely gets a straight, flush, ace on the river.... But when you have, for example, a pair of pocket kings, and your opponent have a 3-4 times bigger stack with A2, for some reason he often gets an ace on the river or a straight or flush by 1 card. You are absolutely right about my main question in this thread.