betting rules

E

ElAngel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there may be a rule about whether you can or cannot raise after a player has gone 'all-in' by an amount below the minimum raise. Please could you clarify this for me and I have included below the example that I experienced.************************************************************************************************I'm not sure if you've ever had any complaints like this one, but it had a great deal of effect on the outcome of the game. Since I can't predict how other players would have played the hand if things had gone .OK, here goes: I was dealt pocket aces in 2nd position. Blinds were 50/100. I raised $300. Player "A" is on the short stack and raises all-in with $313, as I had hoped. Player "B" calls the $313 from the big blind. At this point, I should have been given the option to re-raise, as I had been raised. This point is obviously important because A's are far less likely to hold up against 2 hands as 1, and I wanted to try to push "B" out and isolate against "A". As I stated earlier, I'm not sure how "B" would have reacted had I been able to move all-in, but there is a real possibility I could have pushed him off his hand, which happened to be 8s9s. When 2 spades flopped it made it much easier for him to call my post-flop all-in bet with the pot odds he was getting and the size of his stack. In any case, the turn brought the Ace of spades out, giving me a set, but giving him a flush. No help on the river, and out the door I went. I hope this all makes sense.. I'd just like to know why I wasn't given the option to re-raise and, if it's a problem, maybe help get it fixed. Thanks!Tony

C

CoachMKV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Tony, since there was a raise to you, you had the option to reraise. You should get some rules clarified before your next tournament. Maybe have a rule book ready.

E

ElAngel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps you did not understand?????

The software on which I was playing DID NOT allow me to re-raise, and someone mentioned that because the raise ( all-in ) was under the minimum raise allowed for that round ie: the big blind $100, this is what has caused the problem.

I joined this forum expecting to receive answers from pro's and poker players in the know, not to be spoken down to ( go buy a book ) by a person who obviously does not know the answers if his only comment is ..GO BUY A BOOK.

Thanks a great help NOT.

C

CoachMKV

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ElAngel, I apologize if you took my response in a condescending way. My intentions were not that. Also, I thought you were playing live. Again, I am sorry, I did not mean it in a negative way.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't apologize! Your reply was not condescending and obviously well intended. You didn't understand because he never stated that he was playing on-line. That being said your advice to "have a rule book" not "BUY A RULE BOOK", was dead on, and if I didn't think ElAngel would bite my head off, I'd answer his question. But considering his attitude the best I'll do is say "BUY A RULE BOOK".

Last edited:
twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so you only had the option to call $13 dollars?

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you've already placed your bet you can only call another less than full bet. Its not a software glitch. Its the rules.

S

sublimer21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe his comment should have been in the bad beat section. :)

Related Betting Guides: CA Betting - AU Betting - UK Betting - SportsBetting Poker - BetStars Poker Rules - Poker Games