Baudib1 4001K post: Q&A

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You raise with AcKd from MP and get a caller from the BTN who is 33/10 with a 2% 3-bet, flop is As Ts 2d, you bet 2/3 pot, he calls. Turn is the Qs.

zomgwtf do I do here? AQ got there, the flush got there.

You should bet here because your hand has value, he'll call with his worse hands way more often than he will bet them himself, and he's very likely to raise all of his better hands.

Check/calling here is pretty bad, c/f is OK but you're not getting value from his many worse hands. Your decision process is infinitely clearer when you b/f rather than check.

In a way this is a corollary to Baluga Theorem and is generally applicable to most opponents up to at least NL100.

B

BluffYou123

Back in the Game
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You raise with AcKd from MP and get a caller from the BTN who is 33/10 with a 2% 3-bet, flop is As Ts 2d, you bet 2/3 pot, he calls. Turn is the Qs.

zomgwtf do I do here? AQ got there, the flush got there.

You should bet here because your hand has value, he'll call with his worse hands way more often than he will bet them himself, and he's very likely to raise all of his better hands.

Check/calling here is pretty bad, c/f is OK but you're not getting value from his many worse hands. Your decision process is infinitely clearer when you b/f rather than check.

In a way this is a corollary to Baluga Theorem and is generally applicable to most opponents up to at least NL100.

This is gold. I'm guilty of too much c/cing and not having a clue where I am in the hand because of it.