the annoying all inner

JaBone30

JaBone30

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
U really only see that in FR play money or micros, try moving up in stakes. Or play the forum FR here with CCers

puppyfeet

puppyfeet

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Players" that do that should be SKINNED.

:cool:

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok, I need to have something clarified for me, what's the problem if the person is choosing to put there chips on the line at any given time just so they could, um, Double up? I guess it's a stupid move if the blinds are say extremely low but once the blinds get higher it's not really a bad move is it? I don't play FR's as much any more except for the CC games, and to tell you the trueth I'll push my chips on the line in the Cutoff and Button all the time when the blinds are really high, and when there's not alot of players in the hand. Now that being that if your playing like a pokerstars FR with 9-10k fields then I'd say push push push, cuz seriously why the hell do I want to play for say 6 hours, just to qualify for say another tourney with alot of Free Rollers, that are sooner or later bound to suckout on me &/or catch me making a move, and even though they really should'nt be calling with there say Khigh, but they got that feeling that your making a said move.

L

laylax

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with both sides of these postings.
1- Yes, it really is annoying.
2-it is stupid play to just go all in, pre-flop, regardless of what you have. I've had aces busted and watch others bust too many times.
IMO every hand pre-flop is just as good as the other.
3-happens a lot more often in the freerolls~nothing to lose except a shot at luck.
4-No one forces a call, although I am guilty of growing tired and wait for my best hand to usually knock em out :D
5-Lucky players don't make it that far in a tourney and I like to wait them out.

Nickmond

Nickmond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've dealt with quite a feew people like this in low limit SNG's, especially as the limits go up...all youi can really do is what until you find a spot where you believe you are the favorite(even if the hand isn't that good) and take your chances. When the blinds get high you might only have 10 hands or so to take your stand, so you can't really be too picky...and as for them getting lucky with a lesser hand, that tends to even out over time.

spranger

spranger

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen went all in like 12 times in a row in the Aussie Millions or something. Maybe it was even more than that, anyone know?

i've seen this where hansen goes all in blind every hand, and the first person who calls is hellmuth with AJ suited, Hansen turns over 22 and flops a set. :D

G

gadgetfiddler

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the all-inners are turning me off from freerolls and low stakes.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish I saw more people going all-in every hand.

zachvac

zachvac

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree I cant stand them all iners... Bunch of Donkeys. I even saw one guy in the Monday 1K who did it the first 5 hands and was chip leader for more than an hour. ANNOYING

Yeah I agree, I'd much rather have a solid player who doesn't make insanely dumb plays every hand. Only wish Phil Ivey played my stakes. He wouldn't make any of those donk plays and maybe I'd finally win.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I agree, I'd much rather have a solid player who doesn't make insanely dumb plays every hand. Only wish Phil Ivey played my stakes. He wouldn't make any of those donk plays and maybe I'd finally win.

lollll

N

nightmoves44

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tru

Wow,I just now got taken out of a freeroll at intertops by a nut doing this allin crap.I dont believe I ever seen a player last very long doing this.It would be ok if they were smart enough to stop at some point.The odds would be extremely high of a player going allin every hand to the end and win.I have no idea what gets into them.It sure ruins the game tho.

diamond_06_06

diamond_06_06

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats even worse is when someone calls you all the way to the river with bottom pair, only to spike a deuce on the river for 2 pair, thereby cracking your aces.

Man I hate when donks call my bets with 3rd pair no kicker.

C

confuzd67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There will always be people that will try to take the quickest and easiest route to get to the end. Down the road the poker sites probably make the most money from players that will play this way, for two reasons. 1) They will usually at some point donk off all their chips, and in many cases where there is a rebuy option add money to the overall pot. 2) They will piss-off other players and force them to make poor decisions.

monster

monster

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, that's just something we will have to always live with. It happens all the time, but it doesn't surprise me when i see them anymore because there are soooo many of them! Well, i still do get mad, but not much because every hand i am in i think i will get donked out either way. So, just try ignoring them. It works for me.

Have to agree,also depending on what ur playing and i asume that its mostly freerolls or low rebuys with very large fields ull see this alot and u have to sit back and watch them just slip away through the tourney......sometimes i dont blame them ,i mean really u have poker sites out there that have over 12k in tourney ....in a way who doesnt play loose in those tourneys to get a big stack quick.....

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just wondering how frustrating it is to have a player goin all in every hand and suckin out at the same time. damn i hate those players.but it sure feels gd taking them out

Sounds like you already knew how frustrating they can be :D

But I have to agree: While frustrating, knocking them out is just the right medicine to cure that frustration.

P

paumarhas

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on a bad day it annoys me on a good day i just ignore it.
i have tried the timing out and make them wait - so the days it annoys me
i think i'll take my time deciding hehehehehehe.
it really isn't a good way to play putting everything on the line for a coin toss, but it has it's advantages if you have a monster and a chip lead. lol

M

marvinas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whats even worse is when someone calls you all the way to the river with bottom pair, only to spike a deuce on the river for 2 pair, thereby cracking your aces.

Man I hate when donks call my bets with 3rd pair no kicker.

I've just invented a totally new poker game just for you, my friend. I would like to call it Real Poker, or maybe No Shit Poker, or maybe even The Poker.
It would go like this: everyone is dealt 2 cards, then everyone shows them up. The best hand (according to pokerstove) wins the pot. If there is more than one hand like this, they split the pot.
If someone disagrees and wants to draw some cards, they must go all - in. However, if strongest hand's holder doesn't want any cards drawn, he pays same amount and there are no draw (if he has less chips, 1 card is still drawn from the middle of the deck).

Sure there will be no donks in this beautiful game. Good luck!

B

bluffmaster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should try playing in the CC buyin games. Nobody plays silly and it`s not unusual to find 90% of the field still in at the end of the first hour.
what am i missing out on!? where and when and ill be there!

T

TIGERSTUMP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes ,its so annoying wen u get a silly sod pushin all in,,,it really winds me up,,but at the level i play in which is low stakes ,,it goes with the teritory...i just sit an wait for aa kk
or bet wen the donks muked

Nigel1963

Nigel1963

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play freerolls, so meet most of these donks..:D

They either...get lucky and steal my chips, or I or someone else take their chips and hopefully kick them out. At these levels its expected, so although annoying might as well resign to the fact they will be there.

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What's CC buyin games?

what am i missing out on!? where and when and ill be there!

On the main page there is a calendar at the bottom of the page which will show you upcoming buyin tournaments and freerolls. Also there is a section for CC buyins which you can find on the main page too. I believe you still need 15 posts to play in the buyins. here is a link to the calendar.

Also there are CC invasion tournaments that a handfull of CCers have been playing the last few weeks. The Invasion tournaments usually run around 730EDT. Look in the get a game going sub thread for the poker rooms, which can be found here. Keep in mind this isn't a CC function, just a bunch of CCers that play in a tournament together.

Egon Towst

Egon Towst

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I read this quickly (playing a couple of tables while posting) and was going to correct the noob who made such a fool post. Then I read the poster`s name. :)

You almost got me, Zach. Next time please put a smiley in there.

S

sharpone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

That all inner is like a disease, and you can count on them in the begining or near the end of every tournament. Unfortunately the suckouts do seem to be common as well. Ive noticed the all in being missused constantly, and usually just a means to the enevitable end. ( A swift removal from the tourney):eek:

L

Lexxce

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This kind of game play happens a lot in Freerolls, I think the best solution is to wait till you get very good cards or let someone else play them out.

Wonka22

Wonka22

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gus Hansen went all in like 12 times in a row in the Aussie Millions or something. Maybe it was even more than that, anyone know?

I don't remember the tournament name, but, it was a different format.....He had to win that tourney to win the series overall. It was part of his plan.....Second place wouldn't help him in the case and if you're a good player like everyone at that table was....doubling up once or twice is a major boost to your chances.....Unlike the guys who double up in a 200+ person tourney...they double triple or quadruple up and they STILL don't see the first break.