Alcohol + Poker

Stefanell75

Stefanell75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink a beer and I do not mind, but if you get drunk you can not play a long time.

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Live I'll usually have a beer or two. It's fun and relaxing.

Online, sometimes but find that it can impact my play more online than live. Don't know why, just feels that way.

K

kidduh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My decision making abilities are gone with alcohol.

B

BRADYboy2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Check out my thread only other Day i posted in here, i thought after a few beers too many i was playing 1/2c NL with $2 when i was playing 1/2$ NL with $200 of my stack, lol, i realised after playing about 10 hands and did win about 10$ so i can't complain but it was so stupid and i could've easily lost $200 thinking it was just a $2 bullet. :)

U

Ultfrozen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can afford to drink a few Beers when playing live, it's better to bluff and soothes but when playing online i never drink.

U

uready4dis

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst time to play poker is when u r drinking, have experience with that haha.

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker and alcohol dont mix well maybe a drink or 2 tops when playing dont need to have a sharp mind when playing alochol clouds youre judgement

W

we will rock you

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
only time i would drink and play poker is in home games with friends

W

wildncrazyguy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it hurts you even if you think it doesnt. when im playing on the way home i can recall what i couldve done better or where i messed up. If im drunk like in vegas i know i went broke but cant remember why-hence my game wont be getting better from learnign from the session. also it makes you catch things more and not play quite as loose. I recall drinking and noticed it was a large bet from an amatuer but thought eh I cant fold top pr - and i shouldve- i remmeber ealier in the night when i was stone sober id make that fold and it was correct against someone else. Little things you may not realize. we all like to have a few drinks playing, esp in vegas, but if you're serious about making money that session you really shouldnt drink.

J

Jam_V92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is a very very very bad combination, my biggest loss of money was being drunk after arriving from a party and the worst thing is that the next day I did not remember until my girlfriend told me to come and I preferred to play instead of having s ** It's a sad story, but it gives me a lot of funny at the same time.

R

Rasekus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Once I pissed won $ 150, everything else just lost times. Now I will never play drunk. Drunk man admits a lot of mistakes, which lead to the loss of bankroll

A

Alex12122312

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am totally against it while playing poker. You can relax, but at other times. Playing need a clear mind.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your thoughts on drinking while playing poker? I think it promotes the "wild" image and can be used as an edge. I like to have a few drinks, then start acting drinker than I am. I find it will get calls I normally wouldn't get. That is as long as you don't actually get that drunk. Does anyone else use drinking like this? I'm talking about live play if you couldn't figure that out. What are y'alls thoughts?

Whatever works for you. A fool and his money are soon parted. I only have a couple if any and I'm always leary of "drunk" guys. They still get lucky at times!

C

Click400

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are your thoughts on drinking while playing poker? I think it promotes the "wild" image and can be used as an edge. I like to have a few drinks, then start acting drinker than I am. I find it will get calls I normally wouldn't get. That is as long as you don't actually get that drunk. Does anyone else use drinking like this? I'm talking about live play if you couldn't figure that out. What are y'alls thoughts?

Bad romance... Who makes good decisions with alcohol??? :D
Likewise if I do .... You should be responsible and do not overdo drinks.

W

World master

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vine and poker

I am from Spain and I drink a little beat of vine while having my diner in the days off and after diner I am gambling on online poker

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I don't use drinking like that but I do drink when I play varying amounts. People do think I'm drunker than I'm since I have a high tolerance for alcohol. Like when I drink beer after 10 beers people tend to think I'm not paying attention or can't and make loose calls. This is exaggerated when I drink whiskey because I have an even higher tolerance for whiskey. I can still play under control after 8-10 doubles, 12 is the tipping point were I get overly aggressive. Over the years only one time have I got too drunk and the cards started to blurr and I couldn't concentrate, I only lost $400 playing 1/2 so I look at it as a night at the bar.

J

John Bor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that this combination is the worst because as you lose concentration you play badly

S

Sheroy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it makes you calmer during gameplay

Matanzima

Matanzima

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For the live match the tactic is very valid!

The problem in my live game is a home game between friends and everyone uses this way of playing :)

RidersFan

RidersFan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this combination is the worst because as you lose concentration you play badly

Incorrect, check out Scotty Nguyen at the 2008 wsop 50k H.O.R.S.E event. If you practice you can still compete and win.

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that anyone who drinks a lot of alcoholic beverages during a poker game totally loses the notion of the game, I think that anyone who plays to win must always drink something light as a drink or water.

rodrigo1972

rodrigo1972

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is very bad drink when you are playing poker because you can loose the control and lost all the money that you make working so hard , I prefer to play poker and drink later

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker are two incompatible things

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that in a live game, some players just pretend to be drunk. You think that they can not play intelligently, but they just take your money. Be careful! In a live game, there are many different ways that will facilitate your wallet. ;)