onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
But I think that drinking beer and playing poker is not the best combination.

Max

Drinking beer (any alcohol) and doing whatever, is not a best combination! :D

Stop drinking folks!

RiversRage

RiversRage

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a few drinks tend to lead to more hero calls from me..doesn't always work out though

Ivab

Ivab

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker with alcohol is fun. But it is bad for your bankroll. I advise you not to play with the alcohol.

C

ChuckNola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It works for me. I've won several tourneys while drinking. Now I don't drink like some college frat boy trying to get tanked. I have a drink or two an hour. Drinking mellows me out. I just won a tourney on ACR last week while drinking Amarillo Sours on night. I had a good time it was my first real chance to play a tournament all year because I've been kind of busy. Great way to start 2017 with a nice little $1800 bankroll boost.

supermoto

supermoto

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That is a bad idea since I happened once and I did not do well I do not recommend playing and drinking alcohol

miric007

miric007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My guess is that alcohol does not help in poker.
When I play poker like to be normal without alcohol and opiates.
During the tournament I use coffee and cigarettes!

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to drink alcohol during the game. After a big win - as many lots))

S

SweatPea

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to a certain extent, but i wouldn't try it lol

Q

qq4bet

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played a very drunk and got to the final table, I was very surprised. But usually I do not drink at game.

S

Sacredoro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not usually drink while playing. I play a lot of hours of poker, so it is usually the non-alcohol liquids, like coffee or cola ; no exciting experiences doing the alcohol and poker playing at the same time.

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Alcohol and poker is the two are INCOMPATIBLE unless of course you want to win in poker!

jfofla

jfofla

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that alcohol does not match sports and how to consider poker as a sport is against, therefore, I consider that the player loses the perception and reasoning of the game.

DuffMcGruff

DuffMcGruff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It works for me. I've won several tourneys while drinking. Now I don't drink like some college frat boy trying to get tanked. I have a drink or two an hour. Drinking mellows me out. I just won a tourney on ACR last week while drinking Amarillo Sours on night. I had a good time it was my first real chance to play a tournament all year because I've been kind of busy. Great way to start 2017 with a nice little $1800 bankroll boost.

Congrats on the win buddy! I agree, drinking a drink or two an hour is perfect. As long as you don't get so drunk it affects your decisions/discipline it can be used to your advantage. I guess it depends on your style. I'm not the headphones and sunglasses type myself. I like to get the table talking and having a good time.

andreigabor

andreigabor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
for me this is the worst ideea for online poker, i have lost a lot of money when i was drunk :( maybe in live games this will work. :D:cool:

B

bronc_busted

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does a Fat baby fart. Of course he does. I drink 2 or 3 beers just to take the edge off. Coffee and tea after that if its a long tournament

F

Ficomkd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst combo .. adrenaline is so up u are thinking every hand is yours
i lose so much when i playing drunk dont do that

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this is destructive strategie like Boris Yeltsin was most stupid president of the world.

P

pilonek

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on who acts as certainly not specified in greater quantities

G

GotNoMercy4u

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't drink and drive smoke and fly

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Heavy combination to play poker

I

imnotthatdrunk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good!

What are your thoughts on drinking while playing poker? I think it promotes the "wild" image and can be used as an edge. I like to have a few drinks, then start acting drinker than I am. I find it will get calls I normally wouldn't get. That is as long as you don't actually get that drunk. Does anyone else use drinking like this? I'm talking about live play if you couldn't figure that out. What are y'alls thoughts?

Sounds like a justification to drink every time you play. I've found that it consistently has thwarted me from being more successful. Don't get me wrong, I've won while I'm drunk, but it isn't as common. Playing looser doesn't always help unless someones got a read on you when you're tight. Drinking usually turns my success into slight failure. Confidence can be dangerous. For example: I played and won 7 cheap sit n go's on BetOnline. Thought "i want a couple drinks" I woke up still drunk not remembering much. after a 5th of Fireball was noticably missing, I understand I had made a mistake. My winning streak had ended when I started drinking as far as the history had shown me. Alcohol = not helpful with poker if u ask me. Probably doesn't affect it too much if used in moderation.

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can control yourself and still make profitable plays, drink up! why not utilize the image that your drunk and make loose plays. I cant get away with it because im a lightweight :cool:

rdwr33

rdwr33

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is already more than scientifically proven that alcohol consumption alters our nervous system and can alter our perceptions as well as our reactions. So why the hell do you drink during the game?

phazeds

phazeds

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
having one or two drinks actually calms me and helps me focus better :)

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When going with friends to spend time for poker, there is nothing wrong to drink a little, it makes the game more fun)