Poker_Player77

Poker_Player77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hahaha that was fun to read. Thanks.

I'm a believer in everyone gets their cards, they have the right to play them however they want. Putting chips in the middle, entitles you to continue the hand any way you choose. No one deserves to be berated for their choices during a game.

I don't consider myself a donk, but like to think I maintain some of their "positive qualities" I personally like to mix it up. I play tight, aggressive, a variety of hands, and make strategically timed donk choices too lol. Have to keep people guessing, especially online.

That said, consistently being a donk may definitely have it's moments on lower stakes games, but won't work out if playing for real stakes. I bet even the most laid back, thick skinned donk will get frustrated after losing large sums of money ��.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
donk or not donk but everyone is free to play the way they want or which seems that is the best for them

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love playing donks... Yes it can be bad to lose against some stupid hand, but in general it is easy field...

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donks are rewarded though stupid calls and they hit 4 of a kind with 7 5 O/S. This is why i hate online play because its fixed. completely fixed. it seems all the time people call you fishing for a card and they hit it. But if you call fishing for a card you always seem to miss and this happens way too often online.

RVTR7777

RVTR7777

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think this term is cool, I would like to know who the inventor was.:shot::D

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Donks are rewarded though stupid calls and they hit 4 of a kind with 7 5 O/S. This is why i hate online play because its fixed. completely fixed. it seems all the time people call you fishing for a card and they hit it. But if you call fishing for a card you always seem to miss and this happens way too often online.
That's probably because the donks belong to the site. Can't prove or disprove without a user account audit at the site, of course, and good luck with that.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think this term is cool, I would like to know who the inventor was.:shot::D

Maybe the one in the picture? :)

329b7dca250e8616ff05e29aae441c03.png

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
donk or not, but everyone is free to play the way they want and to make own decisions, good or bad

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree with what you say. Sometimes being a donk is underestimated, in fact I have verified in many games including CC freerolls, that those who call others donk is simply out of frustration since they beat them a good hand, it seems to me that donk use it to get their discomfort and thus feel like real "professional" players, I do not agree that you lose a lot of money in money games and that this type of game is only for freerolls, I personally do not consider myself a good player, in fact I consider myself a donk player, but the truth is I am doing well, both in freeroll games and those that I pay some sum to play in, professional or donk there are good days and bad days. Regards.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I could be wrong, but I guess you wrote that as a joke?

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is plenty of frustration and criticism expressed on CC regarding donks, and I'm afraid that much of it comes from insufficient knowledge about the species. As a donk myself I would like to share with you some insight.[/QUOTE

Good, thorough article! Ready to subscribe to any of your statements. But! This is most likely not about the Donks, but about the style of the game. From my point of view, donk from the point of view of poker does not mean stupid. The player simply makes and accepts bets that do not match the strength of his hands and the current situation. At the same time, he can be a great physicist and even a mathematician who does not know and does not seek to know the elementary poker axioms. He's just having fun. Is it possible to blame him for this. He pays, which means he is always right. As for connoisseurs who swear and insult other participants in the game, they are donks. They don’t read the situation, and without finding out who they are dealing with, they risk a large part of their stack. For which I am punished periodically. This is the beauty of poker, that sometimes bouncers and know-it-alls are bits. Very happy for you!

:fight:

M

mara2259

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the one in the picture? :)

329b7dca250e8616ff05e29aae441c03.png
A photographer shot me on a donkey on horseback.
So that I sent a card to my birthplace.
I write on the card so that the family understands.
Dear children from above, it's me!
:sheep:

Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When it happens we get discouraged, but we have to move on and not lose focus ...

L

Larry Sanders

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure what the original question or statement may have been; however, I will never label notes on anyone referencing them as a "donk". I make sure the notes are semi-specific to the hand/hands in question and color coded in blue, my favorite color. It can be frustrating from time to time, just make sure you are playing with a comfortable bankroll for the stakes.

I will never criticize someone else's decisions in regards to their money. I make sure to defend them if another player is being harsh, because I don't want them to leave. And as much as I disagree with their style at times, sometimes it is just fun to see which hands they turn over. Tighten up your range, stay patient, and figure out how to extract the most value. Poker is a long term percentage game.

zinzir

zinzir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely agree with what you say. Sometimes being a donk is underestimated, in fact I have verified in many games including CC freerolls, that those who call others donk is simply out of frustration since they beat them a good hand, it seems to me that donk use it to get their discomfort and thus feel like real "professional" players, I do not agree that you lose a lot of money in money games and that this type of game is only for freerolls, I personally do not consider myself a good player, in fact I consider myself a donk player, but the truth is I am doing well, both in freeroll games and those that I pay some sum to play in, professional or donk there are good days and bad days. Regards.

Thank you for your kind words as well as for your thoughtful and honest post, my friend.

PS: I have seen you playing and, if you consider yourself a donk keep being one, 'cause you're playing very well in my opinion :)

rbackmann

rbackmann

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donks don't really bother me if they don't know
it is the ALL IN on any 2 those are the ones
especially when the get there

W

WeiserAdler13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love playing donks... Yes it can be bad to lose against some stupid hand, but in general it is easy field...

I prefer more to play with someone who is a good poker player than with a donkey. For example you cannot bluff a donkey because he will call everything.

F

futureballoon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't mind playing with donks as long as they stay in their lane and not talk crap after hands. I do like taking em down especially when they start to bully with crap cards.

But yeah I sometimes mimic their style of play during freerolls just let loose. It rarely gets me to the final table though. I've found small spurts of donk play makes a better long term strategy rather than "donking" out for an entire tournament.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to understand a donkey - you have to play like a donkey
and then use everything against him[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

CarlosLemarDixon

CarlosLemarDixon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they're apart of the game. The goal is to deny them equity and make them play your game instead of you falling for traps.
Variance still says I don't win all the time with my best hands pre flop so you have to take that ride I guess.
On the other hand I thought "Donk" was a type of bet.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't particularly understand why people complain so much about donkeys and recreational players, how much less people know how to play better. Because these players are the ones who bring the profit at the tables, because they play the wrong ranges and also donate a lot of chips for not knowing what to do in certain situations, so there's no reason to complain but to thank that there are these types of players hehehe

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today i see one, and unhappy get out of tournament. He get three consecutive pots of all in with 10 6, 7 9.. and 4 8. I lost with QQ, another player lost with QKss and I lost again with A9ss. Unbelivible