$50 to $10,050 in under 6 months

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went from $50 to 0$ in less than a month. I'm hoping next time I can add more tables and do it a little faster!;)

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I went from $50 to 0$ in less than a month. I'm hoping next time I can add more tables and do it a little faster!;)

Now multiply this by at-least 10, and that's me to present date:D

W

wona2009wsopseat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good luck, sounds like a challenge, but definately doable.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only advice i can give is stay far away from the cash games way to many donkeys there playing worst hands and then getting some crazy insane hand on the river

Dsvw, I would listen to him! He sounds like he knows what he's talking about.:rolleyes:

A

Aqqachar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with your challenge. Keep us updated!

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only advice i can give is stay far away from the cash games way to many donkeys there playing worst hands and then getting some crazy insane hand on the river

What do you base your advice on, personal experience yeah? Well guess what, cash games is about making money off donkeys, how else do you suggest we make our money, by beating regs?

DSV plays cash, as do a lot of regs on here, and the majority of us win money. Cash games are about the most consistent form of poker to win money, so either your doing something seriously wrong or your not playing enough to balance out the variance!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, you actually wrote out a semi long thought out response Jag.

You surprise me sir.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We do not lol at the truth.

DSVW get over ur fear and look at your HEM man, we want updates !

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We do not lol at the truth.

DSVW get over ur fear and look at your HEM man, we want updates !

A) No. It's bad, and I don't want to know how bad it really is. I'm tilted enough as it is, I don't need to see that I'm down like 15BI's at 10nl to ship me over the edge.

B) This challenge may be coming to a screeching halt very soon. I feel it's having a negative impact on how I'm playing. I'm starting to get a little impatient and forcing things.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Noooooooooooooooooo, DON'T GIVE UP. MOVE UP TO WHERE THEY RESPECT UR RAISES.

snakeeyes

snakeeyes

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck, i RB a friend of mine on pokerstars about 3 times a week for 4 hours a session, he takes some sick beats. We always discuss his play and his progress during and after each session, i get to see hands for free and we both improve our live games. I don't play on pokerstars (yet, i'm on ultimatebet all the time though. One thing i noticed is that he flops WAY more sets on pokerstars.

I

icepick007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep it going buddy...i've just been going through all your updates and yu seem to be on a pretty decent rise..dont loose faith now

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A) No. It's bad, and I don't want to know how bad it really is. I'm tilted enough as it is, I don't need to see that I'm down like 15BI's at 10nl to ship me over the edge.

B) This challenge may be coming to a screeching halt very soon. I feel it's having a negative impact on how I'm playing. I'm starting to get a little impatient and forcing things.

You're pushing out a lot of hands, ds! You have to expect to hit a down time every once in a while. Just keep busting them out and you'll turn this around man. Don't give up just yet. Plus, faik, you don't have any prop bet riding on this, so what's to lose?

W

witl69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
man just keep up the great work and strive to be the very best pokier player that you can be no matter who you are there is always room for improvement in any players game so learn to ...hone in on your weaknesss' and turn them into strengths

cjay142

cjay142

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unfortunately variance is part of the game and the best player making the best plays doesnt always come out on top.

keep up the hard work and long hours and i'm sure you'll see the profit in the long run. bol.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been really busy at work lately - I'm actually on a business trip in the US for a few weeks - so I'm way behind on things here in general (how dare my job interfere with my hobby???).

Really hope you stick with this project. Anything we can do to help out? Motivation? Prop bet? Whatever? I think several of us are benefiting from this - I know I am - it's been a real inspiration. I'm experiencing some serious swings and having some tilt control issues at 10NL, but your project has lead me to really focus on BR management like I haven't before.

Oh, also - skimmed part 3 on loose passives - looks great, going to try to spend time with it this evening after work, looking forward eagerly to further installments.

Thanks dsvw!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well guess what, cash games is about making money off donkeys, how else do you suggest we make our money, by beating regs?

Can't we make money off both donkeys and regs? :D

C

-cKe-

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey! Good luck with your personal challenge! I really like the idea of setting such personal goals. To me $50-$10k in just 6 months sounds like a whole lot of work. Do you have a job on the side aswell or are you a fulltime pokerplayer during this challenge? I look forward to follow your progress!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're still downswinging dsvw, did you consider being sweated yet ?

gotalljax

gotalljax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Please don't give up, this is the ONLY THREAD I AM ACTUALLY SUBSCRIBED TO! Don't get me wrong, I follow others, but this little challenge has inspired me/given me hope to do the same. Of course, I am not going to set a 10,000 dollar goal. But I do plan on setting minimum goals for every month and do a better job of tracking my own play.

I guess all I am saying is there are a lot of us pulling for you - even if some of it is for our own selfish reasons! :party:

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well as it stands right now, it's going to be pretty much impossible for me to make the $10k in time. I've been breakeven for my last ~20k hands and I'm way behind on hands for the month.

It could still be done, but I'm not willing to put in the number of hands it would require. So yeah, the goal is out the window, I need more time to study and work on my game so I'm just not gonna be able to put in the hands required to continue with this. But I will still continue to update my progress as I continue to climb the limits again.

Attachments

• Total.jpg
    Total.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 31