**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

Wolfpack43ACC

Wolfpack43ACC

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might as well give Ivey the bracelet now. This Moon guy is running like Jamie Gold did when he won. Guy is catching card after card. His run stops in November though.

sld2

sld2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Might as well give Ivey the bracelet now. This Moon guy is running like Jamie Gold did when he won. Guy is catching card after card. His run stops in November though.

Just don't give it to Jeff Shulman lol.

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS PHIL FKN IVEYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Genuinely pleased. Sorry this is a little late lol, only just woke up

iMaGiN.

iMaGiN.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Woot finally a Pro is going to take it down!!!!

left52side

left52side

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look out for Ivey he is a dangerous man here.
Would love to know where moon plays.
And what a run he has had.
If he isn't careful Ivey will crush them to pieces in a matter of a few hands.

L

LizzyJ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go Phil Go!
Go Phil Go!
Go Phil Go!!!!!!!!!!!!.....I told ya he was gonna take it!!!!! He's one of the shorter stacks. That's ok. Give him one chip and he's still the favorite!!!!!!!

Go Phil Go!!

undone

undone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i wish i could have gone! but we went downtown instead... downtown is awesome! lots of fun...

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Woot for James Akenhead (a Brit :top:)

W

WCC6976

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2009 WSOP

Hellmuth is who I would lke to see win this thing! They are all lucky I aint playing I would win The whole thing! lol

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<3

Also why was there no report on the 40mill chip flush over flush pot, i wanna see the hand :(

NiceNisus

NiceNisus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Phil Ivey

I think it's sick that Phil Ivey made the November 9.
Awesome, but have to wait a couple months to get to see him play final table.

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
<3

Also why was there no report on the 40mill chip flush over flush pot, i wanna see the hand :(

Ask and ye shall receive...

(credit: Pokernews.com)

Billy Kopp Eliminated in 12th Place ($896,730)

Wow. That's a succinct description of what just happened on the secondary feature table. Billy Kopp opened for 600,000 preflop from early position and was called by the small blind, Darvin Moon. So far, so good.

On a flop of Kd9d2d
kd.gif
9d.gif
2d.gif
, Moon had first action and checked. He then called when Kopp bet 750,000. Again, nothing out of the ordinary yet.

It was on the turn 2h
2h.gif
where everything went haywire. Moon checked again and drew a bet of 2.0 million from Kopp. Moon then check-raised to 6.0 million. Improbably, Kopp moved all in for about 20.0 million total. Even more improbably, Moon called!

Kopp:
5d.gif
3d.gif
5d3d
Moon:
qd.gif
jd.gif
QdJd

Kopp looked like he wanted to cry when he saw Moon's hand. He knew that he was drawing dead and that Moon had him covered. Kopp had more than 80 big blinds to start the hand; with the 7c
7c.gif
river he had none. He didn't even wait for the river to come out, barreling out of the secondary feature table area as fast as he could.

Moon is once again the chip leader with a whopping 45.0 million chips.
=======================
Can't wait to see this on TV. It is truly mind boggling how this happened. I'm sure Kopp is balled up in the corner of some room today screaming "Why, why, why?".

ABorges

ABorges

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, I've been at a FT with Billy Kopp, was sorry he busted. He's really good too, probably the best player left after Ivey. Unreal how Phil crushes every time he plays. GO IVEY!!

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now I'm no pro, but lol @ that flush over flush hand at this stage in the ME

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ye that flush hand is horrendous considering they are 80bb deep, and just from reading updates of the main event it's obvious that moon is a massive nit and wouldn't be c/r there as a bluff/semi bluff.

As a side fact, f Ivey winning this thing, Antoine Saout is representing Everest, 1x

tpb221

tpb221

Chasing Gutshots
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even at being a short stack, you have to think Ivey is a big fav here. Can't believe he made it to the final table!

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even at being a short stack, you have to think Ivey is a big fav here. Can't believe he made it to the final table!

ivey pretty much avoided any tough spots for the whole of day 8 to make the final table, eveyone should be afraid

smd173

smd173

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ivey pretty much avoided any tough spots for the whole of day 8 to make the final table, eveyone should be afraid

I definitely agree. Clearly he had a ton of pressure on him to get to at least the November Nine. Especially since he had previously gone out 25th, 10th, and 19th in previous ME's. Now that he's there, in 7th, and has almost 10 Mil with only 250K for the BB, he will be a monster.

Let the prop bets begin for how long it takes him to get the chip lead.

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'll bet against him, that ought to guarantee he wins the thing.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd give him a 15% chance to be honest.

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd give him a 15% chance to be honest.

If they were all even stacked and same skill level he'd be at 11%

I think with him not being super short his skill level has to put him at about 20%

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If they were all even stacked and same skill level he'd be at 11%

I think with him not being super short his skill level has to put him at about 20%

He has 5% of the chips in play, and I think his skill gives him about 3X that much chance to win it. Obv it's just a guessing game anyway, I hope he wins :D

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if anyone wants to bet on phil ivey to win i will bet against -- yes i am crazy enough to bet against phil ivey -- at 5:1 (i.e. my $100 against your $20)

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have to agree the odds are definitely against Phi Ivey but "for the greater good of the industry" who cares, we have 4 months to think about Phil FRICKIN Ivey at the final table of the Main Event. His presence will mean big ratings for the broadcast all the way through, especially in November. Big ratings = Casual Players Watch = Get Exposed to poker + advertisements = more fish at the tables baby.

WSOP