**2009 WSOP Main Event Discussion** (Caution: Most likely has spoiler news within)

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
come on james didn't ivey start out today 2nd in chips.every update i heard said so an so checked ivey bet so an so raised,ivey folds.now at the start of the day i heard he lost jjvsq5 an jj vs qq.That sucks but you can't run over the table short stacked.just my imo an i'm not dumb enough to think i know more than ivey or half of you all just my opinon

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YESSSSS MY MAN IS ROCKIN

Thoughts on stacking for 20 mil with a small flush anyone? I think I might have flatted the 6 mil bet. But then again who am I?

Would've flatted it too :p One more card to come and you've got the 5 and 3. Not likely that 7 out of the 13 cards of the same suit have reared their heads though, so I can understand pushing with a flush if you've caught one...

Munchrs

Munchrs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YESSSSS MY MAN IS ROCKIN

Thoughts on stacking for 20 mil with a small flush anyone? I think I might have flatted the 6 mil bet. But then again who am I?

when the board pairs, what do you really think c/r you?

i would have flatted

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YESSSSS MY MAN IS ROCKIN

Also a boat possibility when the money went in!!

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Would've flatted it too :p One more card to come and you've got the 5 and 3. Not likely that 7 out of the 13 cards of the same suit have reared their heads though, so I can understand pushing with a flush if you've caught one...

Right. But the awesomeness of making the November Nine has to count for something, so even a slightly less +EV play could make it worth it to just flat. Not to mention there are FH possibilities.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've gotta go to bed. 1:15 AM here and gotta be up for 7:30 tomorrow for work.

Good night all.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
akenhead got screwed in the seating assignment getting seated next to ivey

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's bad for Ivey though, just a SS on his right and 2 deeper stacks on his left that seem to be playing semi-tight. If Akenhead goes out soon it will be nice for Ivey to be behind Moon and Smith though.

T

tredigs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
akenhead got screwed in the seating assignment getting seated next to ivey

Where can you find their seating arrangement, etc. Link?

Sorry late to the party. Following it on his "teams" tweets, too slow though

blankoblanco

blankoblanco

plays poker on hard mode
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if ivey bubbles i'm gonna drive a car into a brick wall

pantin007

pantin007

Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's bad for Ivey though, just a SS on his right and 2 deeper stacks on his left that seem to be playing semi-tight. If Akenhead goes out soon it will be nice for Ivey to be behind Moon and Smith though.
position on akenhead is a good thing for ivey, he is a fairly solid player

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll take that bet vanq :). Hopefully Ivey can both make the final nine plus have some sort of decent stack to have a chance to win.

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone want to give an over/under on how many more times PN will use some variation of the form "Ivey over the Moon" when Moon loses a big pot tonight?

jdeliverer

jdeliverer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey's been playing really passively preflop, I wonder why? Or maybe it's just that they aren't talking about the hands where he raises and everyone gets out of the way.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ivey's been playing really passively preflop, I wonder why? Or maybe it's just that they aren't talking about the hands where he raises and everyone gets out of the way.

i think stack sizes are such that it is most profitable for him to do so

T

tredigs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

LINK please! I am a re-tard. "Did you just say a re-tard". yeah, a re-tard...

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
haha they're all playing so weaktight atm

WSOP