Zoom or no Zoom!

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love the nonstop action of zoom games. Where when you fold you go to the next table. I hate waiting for players. The action never ends. The most action is on pokerstars. What do you think.? Anyone hate playing zoom games??[emoji812]️
I loVE IT cash game zooom:):)

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i prefer the traditional style. i think in zoom games you miss out on compleetely on your chance to exploit players by getting a read on them. yoou litterally have no idea what kind of players you are up against at a zoom table and are stuck at playing a purely mathematical game

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I want to try playing hu zoom poker. is it worth it? or this game is not beating

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not a big fan to zoom games because I dont use software so I like to play many hands against the same player to try to understand how he play at some situations.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cool, but always lose more than in regular poker.

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is nice. It allows us to fold many bad pre flop hands without having to wait the hand be played before playing another one. Genius.

4nocreativity

4nocreativity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No zoom! In zoom games you can't learn who the weaker players are, to take advantage of

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Play zoom and see your bankroll zoom away from you quicker than ever.
Fun game for those with no skills.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Play zoom and see your bankroll zoom away from you quicker than ever.
Fun game for those with no skills.

I'd have to strongly disagree with the underlined portion of your statement. If it were true, why would professional players suggest that the 500nl ZooM tables are the toughest tables of all to beat online? I was viewing the guy who runs the BBZ stables on Twitch the other day, a guy who plays the HiRoller tourneys online lately (has over 170,000 games played just on Stars) and during chat he mentioned he can beat $1/$2 zoom but the $2/$5 games are extremely tough.
I wasn't that surprised to hear it. 5nl & 10nl Zoom 6max regs. are much tougher to play vs. than regular tables (from my experience).
As far as it being 'readless' poker. This also is simply not true. Try 4-tabling for 1 hour. You'll have put in over 1,000 hands in that time period and you will quickly recognize the regs., fish, etc. Now multiply that by 10... or 100... or ??
Trust me. The regs. on those tables know exactly who the other regs. are.

J

Jai_R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will play Zoom from time to time, but most of the time, I play traditional poker. I like the quickness of the game and it also keeps it fresh since others can learn my style. That is also the problem with it as well.

Akinled

Akinled

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think of microstakes as cheap skill training rather than a serious financial investment. If you can learn to beat it, you'll crush softer tables including live.

If nitty games bore you try zoom, the constant action keeps me interested. Keep in mind that playing too nitty is an exploitable mistake.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
bloopers and donkeys

I hate waiting for players all for someone ahead of me to shove

Last edited:
M

MoneyMaker4i

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a cool variant, but I tend to stick to traditional poker more.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I am one of those who hates zoom lol. Seriously, it is one of the most complicated modalities; If you are good at it, keep playing. You just have to identify the game in which we have the most profits and dedicate ourselves to playing. GL

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Zoom sometimes and not always, it is very suitable for those in a hurry. Zoom must be tried, especially with ante lol ....

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I personally dislike the Zoom format but it is good for player's who do not want to strike up a conversation with some other players at the table, because once you fold the table changes.
My last Zoom tournament was a free-roll and I did manage to hit the payouts but would not like to play them on a regular basis.

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Zoom tournaments are very similar in strategy to cash games, only the opponents are changing with a new distribution. Although I was happy to win prizes in zoom tournaments, I never reached the final. The usual unlimited hold'em is more like a zoom game.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played zoom once and I liked it. Zoom you get so many different opponents. So many types of players, I like zoom cause it is fast action. But playing in regular tournaments you kinda can feel out your opponents. Better playing regular tournaments.

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing zoom games. It saves a lot of time! And the action is constantly happening!
But I play at rather low limits on PS - NL2, NL5.
There they have introduced an innovation related to antes and playing zoom tables has become MUCH more aggressive. I hope I can get used to the new format or have to return to the usual games for money.

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saves your time, a good option for sure

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I seem to do quite well with Zoom tourneys. I find them easy to steal blinds, because most players play too tight.. or easy to double up because players feel that they need to go all-in just to play a hand...

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does a Zoom tourney work? Is poker built in to the software, or does a dealer actually show people their hole cards?

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you see your whole cards. i like zoom, saves me from playing hands i shouldnt be playing.