Chips
zoom poker is much faster to play the number of hands

L

local_patriot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As much as I hate waiting as the OP said I tend to play a lot more hands when Zoom-ing and that costs me the most of my winnings, so, I'd have to say no zoom this time :)

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like zoom tournaments... People tend to play them while multitabling so quick play gives me chance to see more hands than most and increases my chances :D

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like zoom poker, only he doesn't like me. I remember how I won 50 buyins using the skill postflop, but then I lost everything thanks to a random number generator that constantly threw me a cooler, set vs set, flash vs flash etc.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't know what everyone is talking about with zoom/snap/boost/etc. players being tight. I have played multiple stake levels of it and you always have a mixture of loose, tight, and morphing players that cycle between styles. It's not one type of player that you are playing against.

The biggest disadvantage of this game format (fast fold) is that you give up your choice of seat position. You leave it to an unknown algorithm to determine your seat at a table and your opponents. It's great when it goes your way and you are literally getting hit by the deck with most of the hands that you play. But when that situation unravels and you start taking coolers and beats, you can quickly tilt away your bankroll with the fast fold format if you are not careful.

I like fast fold for entertainment value when I don't want to dedicate hours to a tournament or cash game in the traditional formats. It is good for a few minutes or even an hour if the site feeds you winning scenarios. But if you are finding that you are running into a lot of weird situations and feeling like you are getting bluffed most of the time - you're not getting bluffed. You're getting sheared of your bankroll.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the zoom tournaments and play them a lot.:):):)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
zoom is good. However, I do not want to participate in all hands. It is useful to observe the people around and draw conclusions if you really want to win

D

dimetrio

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
zoom or not zoom

Scaling tables are nice because you can sit at the table at any time and start the game. You can also break away from the game at any time if you need urgently somewhere to move or perform some other action. I want to say that when you sit at the tables, zoom, concentration must be several times higher than conventional tables. The dynamics are very high and each action can bring you both good returns and a complete fiasco. I also think you need to play Zoom tables are not more than 3-4 hours. It was during this period of my thinking works in full, and stress levels high.

I want to note that the game at the zoom tables can be a good simulator and with the right approach, you can increase the skill at times. Then when you sit down at ordinary tables, you understand the game more subtly and make decisions

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know what everyone is talking about with zoom/snap/boost/etc. players being tight.

An objective measure of the tightness of a game is average players per flop, and that number is almost always lower for Zoom tables than regular tables on any site. Of course with regular tables there will be a span of numbers, but the tightest tables tend to break, and on average Zoom is just tighter.

I have played multiple stake levels of it and you always have a mixture of loose, tight, and morphing players that cycle between styles. It's not one type of player that you are playing against.

That is true. As in normal tables you will be playing against a variety of different player types, which is also why, in my opinion the common advice to focus on "player pool tendencies" is a bit meh. Without individual reads you are pretty much lost and have to just try to play GTO.

The biggest disadvantage of this game format (fast fold) is that you give up your choice of seat position.

Agree. The format takes that edge away from winning players. On the other side other winning players can also not seat or table select, so in that sense it is at least a level playing field, and the process of table and seat selection dont take away from your concentration.

But when that situation unravels and you start taking coolers and beats, you can quickly tilt away your bankroll with the fast fold format if you are not careful.

Absolutely agree. Due to the high speed Zoom is pretty toxic, if you have tilt issues. Been there, done that, paid for the T-shirt LOL.

I like fast fold for entertainment value when I don't want to dedicate hours to a tournament or cash game in the traditional formats.

Zoom is great, if you only have like 20 minutes to play. Then it simply takes to much time to get in and out of regular cash tables.

C

Call999

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I love zoom,fast paced action suits me better than waiting around on regular tables.

K

Karl Hernandez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it since back in the days when Full Tilt brought it out as Rush Poker.

The fast pace "action" attracts many fishes on lower stakes to exploit.

I would say its also good for playing as a beginner because its about playing your hand instead of reading the opponent, because of the allways changing tablelayout.

Keep in mind that in ZOom there is a less bluffing as far as i experienced.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

It depends on your energy and your time. When sometimes we have a lot of time to play maybe we can play classic poker. I think it's more emotional than snap poker, because you have more time to see the moves of yours enemys.

S

Schrubbler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing it but im a loosing player there so i try to avoid it

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom is fun as hell. Easy way to lose your bankroll though if you’re a tourney player like me

J

joeyjmr8484

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like it cause I like the non stop action. It gets boring waiting to get a hand to play too.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided to play zoom yesterday. It was awful. You don't even have time to make tea.

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I decided to play zoom yesterday. It was awful. You don't even have time to make tea.
Wel yeah, but if you play it fast against multitabling opponents you have advantage seing a lot more hands...

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

One of the advantages of Zoom is, that you can just sit out at any time without even waiting for the blinds to come around. And then sit back in again, when you have been to the toilet or made your cup of tea.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I love the continuity of the games zoom. Where, when fold, go to the following table. I hate waiting players. The action never ends. The greatest effect is on poker stars. What do you think.? Anyone who hates to play a major games? [Emoji812] ️
Yes, it is I also love these games. pokerstars have made a major breakthrough by introducing these formats. No one in poker does not want to wait while these games really provide a memorable action. For now, however, the limits of these games are 2.5 / 5 but I hope to be raised although these limits can be won well:)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Zoom is good with monster cards

Yes , I agree with this . I try to play monster cards aggressively and high cards in position , The way I play in Zoom I don't play in normal cash tables .
I like how fast it is , you go to next hand without waiting , especially if you don't have much time to play ZOOM is the best option .

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started playing and I really like it. It takes much less patience to play the right game with good cards. There is no need to risk with marginal hands.

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once you recognize who will try to steal the blinds from you before they realize you are not an easy mark you are in the zone to at least double your buy in within the first 10-15 rounds...then it becomes more of a stable cash game when the usual stew of players make their appearance time and again.

I personally found this format a way to change up a little and make a few more player points. As usual, I prefer luck over skill since you can't beat luck...and sometimes you can't get rid of it especially when its bad.:driver:

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The zoom format is interesting.
quick jump to another table. the ability to bluff more if you carefully watch other actions of your opponents.
although decisions here must be made very quickly

mad_bad

mad_bad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On zoom you can play much more hands, more rake, and if you got tactic play, 4 tables zoom is blow your mind, but may be profitable..