Would you fold KK ?

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not fold before the flop, I wouldn't, if I go all-in before the flop I won't fold, after the flop if I checked and I had to fold, this also depends on the tournament, and the player with which we are facing, if it is a tournament of a very high level of logic we should do it, what happens is that sometimes the best possible decisions are not made. the variance changes.

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It totally depends on how they were playing that tournament and how you would consider them up to that point. Apart from that I would totally call that hand, remember KK is the second highest pre-flop. And there is a big chance that those villains are starting from behind.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on how much it cost you to enter the tournament and if it is alot of money for you? if the buy in is alot you are probably ahead of both their hands preflop. But it seems to be a guarantee that at least one of them has Ax. then it is just a gamble if an ace comes or doesnt come. That is putting aside you hitting a set or making a flush or straight. And just boiling it down to the most basic of probabilities which says you have a pair of kings by the river and whether or not the villain pairs their ace or not. All in preflop is always a gamble probably why you rarely see it from pros in big tourneys at most stages of the tournament unless they are low in BB's. So if the buy in is alot of money for you I would fold and wait for a better spot like with the board out and a nut hand to play for all your chips. If its a small buy in and you dont mind gambling with 5 cards to come its a call where you are most likely a head.

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I would call, have to see the flop with kings although I am thinking that BB have pocket aces.If an ace is show up on a flop i will fold then.

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless they are playing too tight I would happy to put my entire stack in the middle given there's so much dead money already in the pot.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
More info needed

NLH 15/30. Dealt to Hero: KK. SB raised to 120. Hero 3bet 480 on HJ(REM. Stack: 2030). SB 4bet 2520. BB calls. Action back to you. WHAT IS YOUR PLAY?
Since you are looking for a well thought out answer from the minds of this forum WE would need a complete picture of your situation. The more information you can provide the more accurate the answer.
Off the cuff. Never fold preflop. Again that is just a basic answer.

Stay Safe

Z

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is necessary to play once and for all, but also to see what the flop is, if there is Axx then an easy fold.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
This is one of the biggest quandaries in Poker, It really does not matter whether it is KK,or QQ, or even AA. They all have the same problem and that is they are all beatable by other hands.
Sure AA is a massive hand but I have had it crushed by 8/10 off when the 8/10 hits a straight on the flop, when the chips are all-in pre-flop it all comes down to Luck! and it is that simple.
I once folded AA pre-flop simply because we were so close to the bubble I would have gone out if I had called, and after following the flop, turn and river I was correct in my reasoning,
I went on to pass the bubble in 160th place and managed to make the final table, so sometimes it pays to be cautious, It hurt me to do that but it was a necessary tac-tic.
All pairs are in a precarious position even when they make a set I have seen them beat by straights, flushes, 4 of a kind and the one lesson I have learned through playing thousands of games is "It is never over until the fat lady sings" The hand is not over until the River hits.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

W

wallyworld127

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you fold kk?

NO NEVER EVER FOLD HERE!!!!!!! unless this is the main event or a huge byin with that low of bb structure you should never fold here. This is easy.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you plan on folding KK preflop for less than 100bb, you should consider not playing poker at all. If you have a read (from previous experience), you can find a fold in certain spots, but not in this case. Yes, you will run into AA sometimes, but he also has QQ,JJ,AK that you are ahead of.

P

Pokersavvy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, I would never fold K's. Be prepared to lose if your opponent has A's. You could be ahead, you never know. Gotta play them K's :)

C

Charbilkh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would never fold KK unless its a very serious situation

:icon_bigs

GabaGabaHey

GabaGabaHey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you plan on folding KK preflop for less than 100bb, you should consider not playing poker at all. If you have a read (from previous experience), you can find a fold in certain spots, but not in this case. Yes, you will run into AA sometimes, but he also has QQ,JJ,AK that you are ahead of.

Couldn't agree more.

Thinking of my last day where I played a few online tourneys, I probably saw anybody with pocket Aces no more than once or twice in hundreds of hands of poker.

KK is like getting spotted the first 4 or 5 numbers of a 6 number lottery ticket. You have to play it. Especially since the chances of you getting dealt it again or just as slim as getting AA.

B

Birdman0715

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I started the hand with about 2100 in chips and have already put in 480? Am I correct in that or is it what....I'm 2040 or close to that after the 480 so about 2500 or so to start? Then u put in 480 so it leaves u around 2k.
Well in the first one u had 2100 bet 480 so I have about 1600 or so left auto snap call in situation 2 you have about 2500 bet 480 so I have about 2k left so you can fold if you really feel your beat but if you are going to play it you have to push all in 1 to isolate yourself against your opponent and 2 just calling leaves you in all types of bad spots after the flop you have very little playability in hands like KK against a 3 or 4 bet other than pushing all in anyways

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I wait to see the flop. It then depends on what the flop looks like and the play of teh villain. For example, if I have KK and two aces go down on the flop and the villain goes all in. I think I will fold.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At low rates, I won't let go of this pair of KKs. Only in rare cases is it possible to fold.

AQA272

AQA272

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've folded KK preflop many times , sometimes I was right and the other time I'll never know. Sometimes it's just an easy fold because you know the player is so tight and/or so passive that there's nothing else they can have. If I limp UTG and a super tight player raises UTG+1 and I 3-bet, and super tighty knows that limp/reraise only means AA/KK, and then he 4-bets, this is an easy fold.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If this is a satellite and I have enough chips, then folding KK will not be difficult. But if this is a target tournament, then it is very difficult, although in some cases it is possible !!!

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It would take very specific circumstances for my to fold KK pre-flop.
Like 3 players already all-in on the bubble. Where I can just fold and make the cut!

Or I'd have to know the player who has raised me really well on a table of unknowns I'm calling or pushing with KK all day.

gena31

gena31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
a lot depends on the situation, well, on yourself, how do you assess the situation

I would go all-in preflop most of the time

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it depends on the situation of the game and the player you are going against and the preflop cards

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Before making a preflop I would not give up. However, after the pre-flop, it would be necessary to analyze the cards on the table and how the opponent would behave in the development of the play.

Folding in Poker