Would you fold KK ?

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold and quit poker at the same time.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
  1. I think it depends on each position if you are in the final position, and they have bet the rest, I will definitely call, that depends on the situation, it also depends on the levels you are playing on the flop, it is possible to fold in case an ace comes out or if the amount is higher and you are in a fairly important tournament, it all depends on the situation, you never have to clean in first position, you always have to reraise whatever.​

E

ellvana

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Got beat twice today with my KK.. Both times preflop all in. 8-8 and second time Q-10. But I just cant fold KK preflop. Never.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Of course. Circumstances dictate that you do at times, even preflop.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
when I see the Ace flop and the opponent bet

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Thank you for posting.

I would like to help you with your format of this question as it was slightly confusing to me.

Blinds are 15/30 in a tournament or cash game? Online? Live?

Hero is in the HJ and limps for 30? KK

SB raises to 120

BB calls 120

Hero 3 bets to 480 total or 480 more thus 510 of hero's stack in the pot?

SB 4 bets to 2520

BB calls 2520? or less? Are you getting 3-1 on your call?

Pot is 5500? 1520 for you to call. 3.5 -1 pot odds.

My answer:

So the question is what range of hands would SB make this play with.

We know for sure all players will do this with AA KK: Some with AK.

Would this villain play QQ JJ AQ this way? What about 1010 99 88 or 98 suited?

Does this villain expect to get called or expecting to get folds?

Have you been taking notes on this villain?
Is villain TAG NIT LAG-Loose wild?

How have you been playing? Are you loose wild? What hands do you think this villain puts you on when you limp 3 bet? Does this villain put you on hands?

Is this an isolation attempt by SB to knock out BB and get it heads up with You who SB perceives as playing too wide a range. IE you limp 3 bet 99 88?

Hope this helps

:):)

BY far the BEST answer I read to this question and I agree with the analysis here and especially the questions that need to be answered to give the full story of the hand. With that being said. I am never folding KK unless the SB or BB turn over their hands preflop and show me exactly AA.

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of interesting posts. This is under cash games so the answer is pretty easy, shove pre flop and see how you do. If you are folding KK pre flop in a cash game, not sure how you are being profitable.

For everyone who posted about tournaments, it really doesn't have a clear cut answer, it just depends.

In a cash game if i lose the hand i rebuy and move on, in a tournament i lose and I'm on the rail.

In a cash game that fold is not happening pre flop, in a tournament it may depending on where we are at.

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im going all in! Preflop you must have strong

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
UNFORTUNITLY
NO - I would die with the KK
Folding is not a option!!!
EVER...... :( lol

Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA & KK are the only hands I never fold preflop. If I play chash games and raise and an all-in goes after me, I fold everything except AA & KK. If I have KK and my opponent has AA then that's the way it is. If I have KK and I have raised preflop and an ace comes on the flop, then I play more carefully. In most cases I still c-bet because I can represent the ace. Of course, if my opponent raises, I fold. If my opponent calls, I give up on the turn if there is no king.

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

:kc4::kh4: it's all in if the play allows it

Health:icon_sant

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i guess he could be an QQ, yesterday i had a hand like that ( in mtt) i put all in with my AA in the turn ( cause the board was 9-10-3-J) he did call, shows QQ and in the river Q ( i lost the tourney) :(

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very difficult

If I did it out of fear that someone at the table has a pair of "AA" that always check, you get excited playing high and aggressive when you end up betting everything, and you realize that you have the worst hand, and that is very sad . Health

vic88888

vic88888

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If one can't play with KK, with what can one play with then? KK is a great hand preflop. I seen it lose to other hands here on freerolls. However the integrity of the player is something that should represent our CC solid members who play skillfully and don't play by the seat of their pants with 72s or 83s?

AdonisPimenta

AdonisPimenta

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA, KK, QQ... is totally randomly ....hahahahh!!

T

TheBackpack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You jam it in, every time you jam it in, the reason you jam it in, is because you smash AK, QQ, JJ, 10's, which are all hands probably in there get it in range.

Also there range might even consist of AQ, or even AJ as well as, 8's (+), They could even be playing looser than that.

Either way, you have the 2nd best hand in the game, you can't fold. You just jam it in, and if they have AA, they have AA.

Now if you are deep stacked, 200+ bigs, you can maybe can consider folding. I feel like 300ish bigs, is around where I would start considering to fold KK however.

pundim

pundim

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe and I've never folded KK

T

TJEU

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the scenario for me, if I have a healthy stack and I bet preflop, get reraised by a bigger stack that covers me and hes been playing super tight, then yeah, I'd fold em to make the money! :(

N

Nevermind25

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always fold KK, because I noticed that I almost never have any luck with KK (like bluffing, but no)

Folding in Poker