Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

MURDACK

MURDACK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The answer is no.... There is one set of cards that might beat you so the odds are with you...
Ofc you can read the opponent but it will be hard to beat..

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unter normal conditions I wouldn’t fold pocket Kings preflop. Except I have a notice on a player that he only go all in with pocket Aces.

H

Houdini9

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Generally speaking, if you are afraid to get it all in with the 2nd best starting hand in Poker (preflop), then you really shouldn't bother playing poker.

No - Never.

GL GL,

HOUDINI9

Vitorbismark

Vitorbismark

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
In extreme situations, yes !!!

Everything in poker is relative, we cannot always perform the same actions 100% of the time, so I propose a situation:

pre-flop you are on the button and two players before you are all-in and the SB and BB are still in action.

In this situation, I can assume two situations:

If I am playing at multiple tables or in a freeroll, I will of course pay.

If I'm playing an expensive tournament and the time for each level is high, I give up calmly.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cowboys

Cowboys pre flop all-in depends on my bankroll period. Normally hell no, depends on the situation. No when to hold em and know when too fold em. Capo1014

G

Grant mckay

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably Never Ever.. Except On The Bubble..
Hate AA especially on 888poker.. ive lost 5 hands in a row with AA..

K

Kym

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding pocket kings preflop

I would. Never fold pocket kings pre flop.regardless of the situation.reasons being the guys that went all in pre flop is fishening. And their chance of catching is not more than mines

robertboz

robertboz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
In no case will I give up kings and especially preflop

Frenzeco

Frenzeco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
look at my hand a few days ago...i went all in and everybody folded....i believed in my hand...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210301-091151.jpg
    Screenshot_20210301-091151.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 15
Z

Zirkzee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only reason to fold kings preflop is the independent chip model. For example, if you are playing a tournament and you are already in the prize money. There are still 6 players in the tournament and you are fourth with your chip stack. You get KK and the chip leader goes all in. In addition, the third and fifth place goes all in too. Should you also call with your pocket kings? I would maybe fold, because against 3 opponents you have at most a win rate of 50% rather 40%. You are putting your tournament life on the line and there are two players who have fewer chips than you. Perhaps you should rather wait until fifth and sixth place are eliminated from the tournament because you will then get more prize money. If you call you risk your tournament life with a win rate of maybe 40% and you are eliminated with sixth place. But in cash games I would never fold pocket kings preflop. Even if I 3-bet my opponent and then he goes all in. Yes, maybe he has AA but maybe he just has QQ or JJ or AK. Against these hands you are the clear favorite with kings.

Stifler

Stifler

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never

Of course not! with KK only forward, only hard core:cool:

S

SuperSenya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i did it few times, and it was right decision. But depends on your opponent, his style of game.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just would had to half an hour ago.... in an sng, already in money, i am on the 3rd position 7 players left... almost everybody under 20BB... i couldn't.... not even on the flop.... played 3 hours today, beaten KK vs J10o, JJ vs 33, A9s vs A8o, Q10 vs Q9 (except KK all was preflop allin, goddamn annoying when it goes in series for days....), don't talk about the flips and the magic rivers after flop nuts..., so I am out pretty fast....

T

tomatientje

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding KK preflop? I think in this situation:

+ we're on the bubble
+ I need the money
+ the players behind (or all in before) me could take all my chips in this one hand
+ Folding means in the money because more players are all in.

2 weeks ago, I replied the above.
Yesterday 888 $300 freeroll, KK on the bubble! Before me, all folds (the bubble!) so I went all in. 2 Seats behind me a high stack called, just like I had anticipated and hoped (s)he would do. A7 off suit. :)
First card on the flop, an Ace :(, no K in the flop, turn or river.
I lost on the bubble, was this a good decision?

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely wouldnt want to but if I was in position to place and it might take me out possibley would.

swimbles

swimbles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only in the rarest of spots—either deep in a satty or in a spot that I believe one could only contain aces.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In a cash game probably not. Not that any hand pre-flop is going to win. But it is called gambling!

SharKyg1n

SharKyg1n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on bubble with short stack hitting the money. In cash never

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?
In a rebuy tournament I'm never folding.
In a cash game I'm never folding.
In a big buy-in tournament i could get away from KK.

P

pedro1590

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends

Personally it depends,

The bigger my stack in terms of BBs the more chance I would get away.

Short stacked I would seldom fold unless it was near the bubble and there were already a lot of callers.

In terms of bubble if you are content with min cash then it is worth the fold.. but if you want a late run you should be shoving to any raise.

Folding in Poker