Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No sir.. I love pocket Ks more than my wife. Lol. We poker players love anything pocket pairs big or small. Its what we dream of and then som1 raises its a good feeling. My favorite is pocket Jacks. Good luck and don't be scared to raise with pockets to let players know u got goods, or slow roll and act cool just be careful to act normal.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would fold pocket Kk preflop in Mega Sattie with mid-stack when chip leader shove close to win a ticket

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded in real money tournament sometime you just got that feeling plus there were aces on the board so sometime you got to learn your players and you can feel who bluffing or not

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
yes but it would take a lot of other hands to be in the pot for me to fold preflop.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes

Yes, I have folded KK's on a tournament bubble.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i am not talking about a bubble situation in a tournament but in general both in tourneys and cash games but especially in cash games

would you ever fold KK preflop ?
I would not throw the kings into the deck of cards, nor do they make me 3bet or 4 bet. I would call in that case, and always thinking that AA is the only hand that would win me.:rolleyes:

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I fold even aces when I played satellites and I was close to the winning places :cool::p

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Only in a situation if I needed a lot between ITM, otherwise I would never give up

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think no one will ever fold pocket kings preflop.

What about on the bubble of a satellite and you were assured of the prize? I'm folding Aces pre-flop here.

Actually a lot of people do that. Many people are obsessed with hero folding. Terrible fold in my opinion, you will occasionally fold to aces but most of the times you're folding to worse hand and losing money/tournament chips.

See my comment above.

Never ever... If you can be so scared to fold second best hand you shouldn't play poker...

See my comment above. Would that change how you play Kings, or even Aces pre-flop?

The only time i fold pp KK's is never

So you've never played a satellite tournament then? Here's a scenario. You're 14th in chips, with 30 seats being awarded, there's 31 people left, and there are players that are going to be all-in, and you're dealt Kings or Aces, are you still playing them? I can tell you for me, I'm folding ALL hands pre-flop, as the prize is guaranteed if you fold.

D

daniel411

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i did it a few minutes ago. It was a Satellite, 34 Players left to get the ticket. 200 tickets. I was position 143. Chip leader at the table went all in one other called and i folded my KK and it was a good decision Chip leader had AQ and hit the A of course and i got ticket :)

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Even AA, if I can 100 percent take the ticket I wanted to take:deal::deal:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes i did it a few minutes ago. It was a Satellite, 34 Players left to get the ticket. 200 tickets. I was position 143. Chip leader at the table went all in one other called and i folded my KK and it was a good decision Chip leader had AQ and hit the A of course and i got ticket :)

That's an interesting situation, because you're not really close to the bubble. But, in fairness, you probably had a read on how he played (ie: Shoves any Ace, etc). Honestly though, if that person was splashy, I'm going broke there, as this is not on the bubble and where you were chip wise, you weren't assured of a ticket. But, that being said, you definitely must have done a lot right as you earned the ticket. Congratulations and best of luck in the target tournament.

davidsincara

davidsincara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
N
E
V
E
R

there are so man people shoving AX and when 2 or 3 people shove preflop my EV improves

S

Superhansi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree, i would never. And I have lost some on AA, but mostly wins.

J

jefrock21

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would fold KK preflop if I was on the bubble and there were 3 people all in in front of me.

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In tournaments I can find a fold sometimes, like in the satellites on the bubble it has happened. But since this thread is in the cash games sub-forum, I'm not that sure. Well, probably against a fish that never 3bets and suddenly 4-bets or 3-bets pushes.

F

Freddiej407

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember in Hammond Indiana at the horseshoe I was playing the $360 mspd event with 15 left and I have a Kings and a small blind and it went raise, free rays All In so I simply folded and finished third and I would have lost to aces and Ace King is King actually ran out the best hand with nut straight

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bubble situation, multiway pot, and big stack already involved would be the only time I may fold KK preflop.

Other than that I am gladly getting it all in preflop everytime. If it's AA so be it. And I've run into AA quite a few times. But whatever. I am calling/shoving the next time too.

With QQ, sometimes I will flat call a 3bet if I have position and the other dude has been passive.

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty tough to ever fold kings unless its a bubble for a sat

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am more likely to all in KK preflop than if I have AA. I want a big pot with both but I don't like betting low and seeing an A on the flop

Folding in Poker