Would you ever fold pocket kings preflop ?

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a 4 bet preflop barreling flop we went all in in the turn an A in the river he had ATo with no draws for him in flop and turn it was frustrating

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
probably not, especially in a nine player table where the aces are spread out

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It would depend on the situation, close to the Bubble I suppose I could possibly fold K/K after all in a Tournament with a large enough prize pool I have folded A/A in this situation, and I was proven right to do so as the Bubble boy went out, leaving me in the money and the person who took him out would have beaten me as well.
Early on in a MTT If I was struggling then I would possibly call an all-in with any Pocket pair, I once heard 2 players talking about how one had folded Pocket Deuces pre-flop, and had he called he would have won the last hand, I said "Boy if I had Deuces I would have been all-in." They both laughed and I was dealt Pocket 4s in the very next hand. I shoved and one asked "did you get your Deuces?"
I just replied "Oh this hand is better than Deuces" I got one caller and I turned my 4/4 over and said "this is twice as good" I beat the caller who had A/K suited and I took a well needed double up. Even the caller was laughing after I beat him but at the end of the game I had some fun, and to me that is reason why I play Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

M

mirnixdirnix

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sure. if its going to be gamble or i fear or feel the loose. even if i won few many hands before those kings, if four bet already before me.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only when I was distracted by something and my time bank was running out. Lol. It's the same with AA.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I've never folded pocket pairs below tens preflop.

N

niko3561

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi,

Pair KK is very very strong cards.
Depend from that if the preflop game is all in from other player before me or just value preflop betting.....its never good idea to lose opportunity to see the flop with this strong hand.
If i am last to play pre-floop near never fold.

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never folded pocket pairs below tens preflop.
Even in a situation where there are 5 players at the table, everyone has more chips than you, and everything happens on Bubble?:D

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
i might fold if it's the buble in a tourney

D

deputat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I like to be succes in the tournament I would wait and fold them because the kings were come so the Aces will come, too

Ronaldo7

Ronaldo7

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never ever... If you can be so scared to fold second best hand you should't play poker...

P

Poeffy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always play KK's. I am also more lucky with KK then AA.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time i fold pp KK's is never

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Never. This is only possible on buble. Just if you throw it away, then what hands to play on?

M

mclay

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
At the beginning of the tournament, if there are three all in front of you, then you can throw the kings.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Often my KK hit AA. so in the 10% I would drop the KK without hesitation.

LMB

LMB

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All members

Hi, I'm pharaoh ramses 2 at the tables and if I receive a pair of kings pre-flop, it is more than certain I will redouble the bet without stopping to think if there will be aces since it is a very strong hand and that is usually won, for me the kk are excellent to double bets; Greetings. pharaoh ramses 2:icon_fara

VikyGia

VikyGia

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI

I go with all the chips, or raise very strong to protect my hand.

aissam18

aissam18

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah i will fold it and i even folded AA on a 5 way all in and i was lucky cuz i was losing

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play in a tournament, then KK never fold. When I play cash games, against a very tight player, I can fold KK to his reraise.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe in wsop or millions of dollars and I pretty sure know the player who pushed before me

tenk27

tenk27

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends what kind of player are you playing against .I never threw them away and I lost many times

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
KK they move very often, so I usually go to 4-bet, and then I see if it makes sense to push. And sometimes you have to reset it, although it's such a pity)))

H

HRVATSKIBOGMARS

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Maybe sometimes is not good decision for me but I have never fold KK. These is not poker code in my blood:). I always want to see flop.

Folding in Poker