Chips
i withdrawal some money out of spite.

C

carsguitars777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You do not have to take any brake if its not effecting your play, if you made the right dicision then there is no reason you should get tilted either.. just stay calm, you cant shake luck because luck is random. now if this is making you tilt and your playing is suffering yhen I would take a break.

psychotie

psychotie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I for myself found that a break in moments off bad luck can be helpfull.
Not that luck is coming back :) but , I have time to think about my gameplay and can adjust.
That helps often
gl on and off the felts

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I doubt that any online poker site would do anything about this if you reported it, but I don't think there's any harm in doing so. FWIW, I agree that the guy's behavior was completely inappropriate and I'd be pissed, too.

-HooDooKoo

I'm of course not going to report it, it's just one of those online things you'd never see in live poker because there would likely be more than words happening after that. It's so ridiculously dissprectful to the players and the game.

Nawlins Ace

Nawlins Ace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I was running bad for a week or so.. I stopped and did some study, made some adjustments in my game. I identified that I was on tilt and chasing to many hands trying to recover my money.. a rookie no-no.. it just sneaks up on you out of nowhere.. I paid more attention to my position and made solid plays and started winning again :)

E

ElGordoCat

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bet so much... and lose again.. jaja

Nawlins Ace

Nawlins Ace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be new to poker...not that I have a problem taking easy money... but when you say you bet so much ...and lose a lot...it bothers me.. Poker is a great game and requires discipline and strategy.. perhaps you should play more tight and not bet sooo many hands...study more strategy and learn more about hand values. losing money is bad...but playing reckless poker is bad for the integrity of the game :viking:

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You must be new to poker...not that I have a problem taking easy money... but when you say you bet so much ...and lose a lot...it bothers me.. Poker is a great game and requires discipline and strategy.. perhaps you should play more tight and not bet sooo many hands...study more strategy and learn more about hand values. losing money is bad...but playing reckless poker is bad for the integrity of the game :viking:

What a terrible post!

OP SHOULD be betting a lot when he's ahead. Doing anything else is asinine. Please do us all a favor and get a clue before you begin aswering questions here.

-HooDooKoo

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Toby --- why have you disappeared? I came back to address your concerns about your original post, but you haven't had any further comment. Why is that?

-HooDooKoo

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What a terrible post!

OP SHOULD be betting a lot when he's ahead. Doing anything else is asinine. Please do us all a favor and get a clue before you begin aswering questions here.

-HooDooKoo

He never said not to bet a lot when he is ahead.
You must be new to poker...not that I have a problem taking easy money... but when you say you bet so much ...and lose a lot...it bothers me.. Poker is a great game and requires discipline and strategy.. perhaps you should play more tight and not bet sooo many hands...study more strategy and learn more about hand values. losing money is bad...but playing reckless poker is bad for the integrity of the game

He just said play tight and not bet so many hands....

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
He never said not to bet a lot when he is ahead.

He just said play tight and not bet so many hands....

Work on your reading comprehension, atl. OP said that he was CONSISTENTLY GETTING THEM IN AHEAD. In which case he should be betting. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Work on your reading comprehension, atl. OP said that he was CONSISTENTLY GETTING THEM IN AHEAD. In which case he should be betting. End of story.

-HooDooKoo

I think he was referring to the hero call situation, idk.

Last edited:
thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I've had a rough week and went down 4800 this week. Went up 6500 the first 2 weeks of the year

I play a deep 2-5 game live (effective stacks are 500-1500+ typically)

Lately I have not been able to shut a hand down and keep getting sucked out on with no pot odds to call. I have been looking at my play and feel it's pretty spot on. Definitely some leaks and time has gone on but have lost to so many hands where the EV/Pot odds are so far against villain and they still call with a flush draw with 1.7-1 odds or so and have hit every one...

I got called with 10-10 preflop when I shipped half my stack with aces and he was only getting 2-1 odds and afterward says I put you on aces but I new I might hit a set. Have shipped with sets on the turn to get called with a flush draw that hits with less than 2-1 odds 6 times lately (when I knew they were drawing)

How long of a break should i take? What is a good way to shake the bad JU-JU

I'll admit my play hasn't been 100% as the beats have come in but have as an effect played tighter in bigger pots and worked to shut down hands at the turn with no luck only losing more trying to block.

What do you do in this spot? I play a pretty nitty game and don't know what to do at this point. I even hero called someone with AK with just an ace when they were bluffing and had just a gutshot and of course they hit it for a $1400 pot. I'm at the breaking point where I can't seem to win a hand over $50 bucks and maybe 2 a session this last week. I took 2 days off. Do I need longer? What's the best method when your running this bad?

Poker variance long subject(take notes) One thing I do in poker is try to know how games are playing if have chasers do they catch or am I holding?

If you would show all your plays and hands is some very good players here which am sure could tell you a lot of things you are doing poorly whether you thought or think so or not. Is some very good cash game people here.

You got to know the opponents when to push cause they will lay down or if is a guy that will call to river etc.. If you cannot determine these things at your level I would think maybe moving downward. Is hud stats software stuff etc.. how many hands have you seen evaluated. Pokeredge is good i heard for poker stars play. Not sure didnt check if you play there or not. Just suggestions. Stuff to work on.

I get you are doing things at times correctly and also that you feel you know what the others are doing but if you are in bad swings you want to minimize that type of thing is still your play overall that is causing things.

Your bets calls raises etc.. Tournaments are different do you play primarily ring or tournaments? Online live etc.. If you play a lot of tournaments can understand some of what is going on. Ring takes serious work studying hands application etc..

People who do that at a high level probably see more hands do more work and study more then I myself could imagine.

Is no shortcuts in that. You pay dues or usually you get ate up at times.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm of course not going to report it, it's just one of those online things you'd never see in live poker because there would likely be more than words happening after that. It's so ridiculously dissprectful to the players and the game.

yesteday showed a few bluffs guy says ok taking notes etc.. I beat him he had 5 times stack wound up myself with 7 times more after got a run of pockets and he called down tried HARD to tilt him to his credit is good player and wasnt buying lol.

Anyway did make some comments like maybe you should think about revising those notes etc..

Adapt if you can what guy did was wrong but turn tables if possible. :)

iflylight

iflylight

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you feel like you are running bad and the game is beating you up take a break no need to continue just cool off and return whenever you feel better

ucntcme

ucntcme

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Normally I just step back and try to learn from it. take what you can from the lose whether it be bad beats or bad calls, and learn to play another day. No matter what, I have learned NOT to change my play. Stay consistent. Learn to lose with CONFIDENCE! chalk it up as a lose and move on. This is poker... you will not win 90 percent of the time. Bad runs seem to be the one step many players seem to struggle with, learning to bounce back after these runs, is cruscial to your success as a player. Pro or not.

M

MichaelFoerster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just keep patience and hope for the best. It is a game that totally depends on lunck and tricks. So we can't do anything. just wait for your luck.

toots babos

toots babos

ex-tornament grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i withdrawal some money out of spite.

Haha I like this one! After a terrible run myself recently I've considered doing the exact same thing.

I'm currently running pretty bad myself so I just tend to massively shorten my sessions along with playing lower buy ins and when it turns around it will be business as usual

Nawlins Ace

Nawlins Ace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What A Disrespectful Post<< HOOTOODOO I have read many of your post and had a healthy respect for your approach to the game.. but to think that you are so high and mighty to suggest that I don't know what im talking about or that AtlantaFalconsO should get better reading comprehension. AtlantaFalconsO was correct at seeing that I was generally speaking about the Hero and being aggressive in that position only. OP was losing a lot of money betting aggressively in all positions while trying to recover and needed to play tighter until their confidence was regained and started to run good again. As I stated that would be better for the integrity of the game we all love. It was simple and basic advise that did not call for your Assinine reply. I stated that Im on this site to learn but I know I did nothing wrong with my post because I only gave my opinion and was not trying to sound all technical and be a teacher...That's your style.. besides, if you think your disrespect has any effect on me then you are mistaken,,, Im an educator professionally on the college level and let me instruct in the fact that all you accomplished wass to show anyone reading your egotistical reply is that you think you the %#@%. I'm not you, and don't want to be. I respect your post that I have read but I see now that you don't have the same regard for others. AtlantaFalconsO tried to help you with this but your Assinine Arrogance got in your way. Bt let me CLEARLY spell this out for you.. if you send me another post that disrespectful, you will find that Im not a ignorant poster who should get a clue, I know alot about fixing your problem HOOTOOSOO and I will contest your approach. We should ALL work together don't you think? Or are YOU that Assinine that you cant allow someone to post advise that you don't understand because it's above your level of understanding. I would like for us to work together and grow from this, because as I said earlier I HAVE respect for you, but I WILL NOT tolerate disrespect from you. Tell me what you think I should have said and lets have a discussion about me LEARNING. I have no problem with that! Do You? I have never disrespected you before but I have read several of your post that I felt were incorrect. Just because you have the right words doesn't mean you always gave the correct advise and to be so rude to AtlantaFalconsO , was just down right ASSinine on your part. Stop being so Godly and I will stop giving general advise and follow your threads as well as others to continue my growth. Sounds like we both have work to do, and hopefully our next exchange will be more productive. Finally I feel you owe AtlantaFalconsO an apology, he really tried to help calm your ego and offer you a snickers candy bar :)
P.S. I play live in New Orleans and have earned a very good living with poker over the last 7 years but that doesn't mean crap because Im just like any other human who wrks hard at their game. Winning a lot of money doesn't make me better or worse than anybody else. So maybe HOOTOOSOO! You can learn a little something from the Nawlins Ace ?

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
What A Disrespectful Post<< HOOTOODOO I have read many of your post and had a healthy respect for your approach to the game.. but to think that you are so high and mighty to suggest that I don't know what im talking about or that AtlantaFalconsO should get better reading comprehension. AtlantaFalconsO was correct at seeing that I was generally speaking about the Hero and being aggressive in that position only. OP was losing a lot of money betting aggressively in all positions while trying to recover and needed to play tighter until their confidence was regained and started to run good again. As I stated that would be better for the integrity of the game we all love. It was simple and basic advise that did not call for your Assinine reply. I stated that Im on this site to learn but I know I did nothing wrong with my post because I only gave my opinion and was not trying to sound all technical and be a teacher...That's your style.. besides, if you think your disrespect has any effect on me then you are mistaken,,, Im an educator professionally on the college level and let me instruct in the fact that all you accomplished wass to show anyone reading your egotistical reply is that you think you the %#@%. I'm not you, and don't want to be. I respect your post that I have read but I see now that you don't have the same regard for others. AtlantaFalconsO tried to help you with this but your Assinine Arrogance got in your way. Bt let me CLEARLY spell this out for you.. if you send me another post that disrespectful, you will find that Im not a ignorant poster who should get a clue, I know alot about fixing your problem HOOTOOSOO and I will contest your approach. We should ALL work together don't you think? Or are YOU that Assinine that you cant allow someone to post advise that you don't understand because it's above your level of understanding. I would like for us to work together and grow from this, because as I said earlier I HAVE respect for you, but I WILL NOT tolerate disrespect from you. Tell me what you think I should have said and lets have a discussion about me LEARNING. I have no problem with that! Do You? I have never disrespected you before but I have read several of your post that I felt were incorrect. Just because you have the right words doesn't mean you always gave the correct advise and to be so rude to AtlantaFalconsO , was just down right ASSinine on your part. Stop being so Godly and I will stop giving general advise and follow your threads as well as others to continue my growth. Sounds like we both have work to do, and hopefully our next exchange will be more productive. Finally I feel you owe AtlantaFalconsO an apology, he really tried to help calm your ego and offer you a snickers candy bar :)
P.S. I play live in New Orleans and have earned a very good living with poker over the last 7 years but that doesn't mean crap because Im just like any other human who wrks hard at their game. Winning a lot of money doesn't make me better or worse than anybody else. So maybe HOOTOOSOO! You can learn a little something from the Nawlins Ace ?

I learned a lot about creative spelling, capitalization, and punctuation. That's something.

Thanks, and well done.

-HooDooKoo

T

Tobysonoma

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So I took 2 days off and came back and have 6 losing sessions this week, literally lost 5 all ins preflop with aces, didn't win one... Donk called with sets 3x when trying to shut down a hand and got called by straight and flush draws with less than 2-1 odds on turn.

I've never run this bad. Literally just can't win to save my life. Making good EV decisions and literally just getting killed by docks over and over this week. Deciding to quit poker for a month.

Went from up 6k to down 2500 and just can't deal with watching terrible calls get rewarded over and over again. Literally missed every flush draw I've had for over a week and have wom one all in this past week (haven't been behind on one of them is the sad thing) I could live with it if I wasn't making positive ev decisions to be punished over and over again and keep losing to the players I don't respect is just brutal...

I appreciate your thoughts and answers but please don't tell me about micro stakes etc. it's a different feeling losing a months rent over donk calls than it is $5...

H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
You should honestly quit while you're behind. You do not have the temperament to play this game.

Find a new hobby and you'll be much happier (and have more money).

Be well.

-HooDooKoo

P.S. Get some psychiatric help, as you are delusional or in denial.

T

Tobysonoma

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude hoodoo your a self righteous piece of garbage. I actually do make money at this game. Am not delusional and who the **** are you!? I'm going through a brutal run and taking a break. Your a downright offensive douche

Thanks for the aupport ***hole, it's awesome seeing someone like you who probably lives in his moms garage who just chooses to talk **** rather than give any advice or support

Your a great asset to the community. Please don't ever post on something I post again as I just don't like you

Last edited:
H

HooDooKoo

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care if you don't like me --- and I even understand why you don't like me. But I'm the only poster in this thread that can offer you any real advice, as I'm the only one playing for a living.

You have a selective memory and a weak mental game --- and if you don't learn to accept variance that will never change.

Two additional comments:

1. No one always gets them in ahead, whether their hands hold up or not. No one. I'm an online pro, Toby. I face a lot of tough decisions every day. I get them in good most of the time --- but sometimes I don't. I don't ever even have a single SESSION in which I always get them in good (not that I'd want to), but I'm a profitable pro at 400NL nonetheless. Crybabies like you who claim that they always get them in good are either lying or mistaken. It's that simple.

2. If you ARE always getting them in good, it's because you're folding WAY TOO MUCH. I know plenty of NITs who always get them in good, and I bluff them out of pots all the time because I know they don't have the stones to call me down without the nuts.

So, either way, you're not nearly as good as you think you are --- and you're CERTAINLY not ready to play for a living. Given your attitude, I seriously doubt that you ever will be.

Stop complaining about variance, Toby. You can't control it, and you don't need to run from it. It's part of the game. If you can't handle it, find something else to do. Whining about running bad --- here or in real life --- does nothing for you, but it does make you look like a clueless pu$$y (which is far more applicable than you are willing to admit even though the evidence is plain as day).

Ciao.

-HooDooKoo

Nawlins Ace

Nawlins Ace

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dude hoodoo your a self righteous piece of garbage. I actually do make money at this game. Am not delusional and who the **** are you!? I'm going through a brutal run and taking a break. Your a downright offensive douche

Thanks for the aupport ***hole, it's awesome seeing someone like you who probably lives in his moms garage who just chooses to talk **** rather than give any advice or support

Your a great asset to the community. Please don't ever post on something I post again as I just don't like you

Well said Tobysonoma. The sad thing about HooTooDoo is that I firmly believe he is a good player as well and could really help with advise if he wasn't (such a downright offensive douche) to use your quote. As I told him in my post we should all learn from each other without insults, especially since we all love POKER right? I feel for your bad run but stay with it and get back to playing as soon as you fell ready.. Since you've won at poker you must have some skills so stay confident, play aggressive in good position, pick your spots and play smart and Im sure variance will turn in your favor,, I look forward to see some positive post in the near future :)