*****Vinyl's GonnaCrushDAmicros 6max thread******

honeycrush

honeycrush

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe you could exclude yourself from playing 25nl and higher for a month..? ;)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Vinyl look at what you've done during this thread bro :) ... your throwing it away cuz your heads stuck up your arse. DO what you need to do and get it DONE these guys have helped you heaps now don't act a tool.

Go 5nl make it up and move back up when your rolled. Or you'll do what I've done in the past and go el busto ... twice now because I had the same B.s thinking you did and It makes you feel sick when it's all over.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinyl look at what you've done during this thread bro :) ... your throwing it away cuz your heads stuck up your arse. DO what you need to do and get it DONE these guys have helped you heaps now don't act a tool.

Go 5nl make it up and move back up when your rolled. Or you'll do what I've done in the past and go el busto ... twice now because I had the same B.s thinking you did and It makes you feel sick when it's all over.

thnaks ACES. your right. I appreciate your honest and well intended opinion and definitely AM back on track. I got a roll of 340$ and will be grinding 10NL untill i hit 500. Im 16 buy ins away and im confident i will make it.

thread is still up and running and i promise i will not spew or tilt or blow my roll. 10NL all day everyday.

thnk you guys for your support. Really means alot and is great motivation.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Hero (BB) ($10)
UTG ($11.78)
MP ($15.06)
CO ($6.16)
Button ($3.38)
SB ($12.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
club.gif
, J
club.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.26, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.57) 5
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.37) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40 (block bets are very good to use. If i dont make it and he bets bigger i cant call this turn.)

River: ($2.17) 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $6.40, CO calls $5.10 (All-In)

Total pot: $12.37 | Rake: $0.61

Results below:
Hero had Q
club.gif
, J
club.gif
(straight, King high).
CO had A
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $11.76

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://poker-tools.flopturnriver.com/Hand-Converter.php

Hero (BB) ($10)
UTG ($11.78)
MP ($15.06)
CO ($6.16)
Button ($3.38)
SB ($12.20)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q
club.gif
, J
club.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.26, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.16

Flop: ($0.57) 5
diamond.gif
, K
club.gif
, 10
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.37) K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.40, CO calls $0.40 (block bets are very good to use. If i dont make it and he bets bigger i cant call this turn.)

River: ($2.17) 9
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $6.40, CO calls $5.10 (All-In)

Total pot: $12.37 | Rake: $0.61

Results below:
Hero had Q
club.gif
, J
club.gif
(straight, King high).
CO had A
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif
(three of a kind, Kings).
Outcome: Hero won $11.76

wut

are you b/f turn or what ? and what rivers are continuing on ?

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not a huge fan of overjam river w/ QJ. Just because he flats turn doesn't mean he has no boats. KT isn't gonna raise 100% because he blocks every value hand you have. Even TT will try to let you "catch up" on the turn here. Also K9s is well within his range here and he could boat up on the river. Just seems super optimistic and we fold out Kx a ton when we could've gotten called with smaller sizing. Hell even 55 could take this line and plan to raise all rivers.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not a fan of your line because:
1. You are OOP, so if you miss it'll be difficult to maneuver the pot/hand any other way
2. Pot odds are not in your favor. You need about 5:1 to see the next card, and you're not even giving yourself that with the blocking bet on the turn
3. The board is paired and your outs may not even be outs at all
4. As stated by Blobweird, jamming river is basically begging him to fold Kx hands, and you'll never fold out any boat.

Just looks like -EV all over the place.

R

Rhinelander

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2. Pot odds are not in your favor. You need about 5:1 to see the next card, and you're not even giving yourself that with the blocking bet on the turn

Just making sure I understand your calculation. You included the four 9s and also the four Aces, right? That is how I come up with 5:1 --> 8 outs x 2 = 16% = 5:1. Thanks!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
wut

are you b/f turn or what ? and what rivers are continuing on ?

Yes, im bet folding turn. Im not continuing on any rivers except for the ones i want (A,9). If river blanks im most probably folding. Also if he doesnt have a piece of that flop, its hard for him to call the .40 cents so sometimes we even get folds in these spots.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not a huge fan of overjam river w/ QJ. Just because he flats turn doesn't mean he has no boats. KT isn't gonna raise 100% because he blocks every value hand you have. Even TT will try to let you "catch up" on the turn here. Also K9s is well within his range here and he could boat up on the river. Just seems super optimistic and we fold out Kx a ton when we could've gotten called with smaller sizing. Hell even 55 could take this line and plan to raise all rivers.

Not a fan of your line because:
1. You are OOP, so if you miss it'll be difficult to maneuver the pot/hand any other way
3. The board is paired and your outs may not even be outs at all
4. As stated by Blobweird, jamming river is basically begging him to fold Kx hands, and you'll never fold out any boat.

Just looks like -EV all over the place.

I know guys. Your both right. was hoping he had AK,KQ, or something like Kx in general.(except the boated kings)

Was a bit optimistic but i figured KT and K9 are less likely. I felt like the hands i beat are less than the hands that beat me.

But i get what you guys mean. Thanks a lot. In this spot if villain is any good, im getting fods to this sizing from ALL hands i beat. (sometimes it works out though) really hoped he had AK.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
One of the reasons that i disregard nutted hands and go for huge overbets is because i have encountered endless example of them calling down with WAYYYYYYYYY worse. This is not live1/2 NL. this is 10NL .

Look at what these guys are capable of calling down with. How can i not try and extract maximum value even in thin spots.

check it out.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

Hero (SB) ($11.81)
BB ($4.51)
UTG ($8.73)
MP ($4)
CO ($7.70)
Button ($4.65)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif

UTG calls $0.10, 2 folds, Button raises to $0.30, Hero calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20) K
club.gif
, 8
club.gif
, 8
heart.gif
(4 players)
Hero bets $0.45, BB calls $0.45, 2 folds

Turn: ($2.10) 3
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.90, BB calls $0.80

River: ($3.90) 4
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3, BB calls $2.86 (All-In)

Total pot: $9.62 | Rake: $0.48

Results below:
Hero had Q
heart.gif
, K
heart.gif
(two pair, Kings and eights).
BB had A
heart.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(one pair, eights).
Outcome: Hero won $9.14

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know guys. Your both right. was hoping he had AK,KQ, or something like Kx in general.(except the boated kings)

Was a bit optimistic but i figured KT and K9 are less likely. I felt like the hands i beat are less than the hands that beat me.

But i get what you guys mean. Thanks a lot. In this spot if villain is any good, im getting fods to this sizing from ALL hands i beat. (sometimes it works out though) really hoped he had AK.

Ok but listen to what you just said. You hoping he has AK makes your turn play that much more optimistic since now you only have 4 outs and are never getting folds.

But onto the bigger one in bold. This is what doesn't make any sense whatsoever. With that sizing you get ALL hands you beat to fold? So whyyyyyyyy size it that way????? Think about that Vin. It's the opposite of what we ever want to do in poker which is not make money! We have a hand with decent relative strength for this board. Go for value and size it accordingly for a nice bet/fold. I'd prob go somewhere around 1.25ish. But to choose a sizing that we believe only gets called by better and folds out worse is terrible.

Blobweird123

Blobweird123

CC's very own Dead Head
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One of the reasons that i disregard nutted hands and go for huge overbets is because i have encountered endless example of them calling down with WAYYYYYYYYY worse. This is not live1/2 NL. this is 10NL .

Look at what these guys are capable of calling down with. How can i not try and extract maximum value even in thin spots.

You're talking about one retarded fish here though. Play of the population would fold here all day, so it just doesn't make sense. If we are making huge river bets with weak-medium strength hands, do it with good reads. Don't just do it because "Well the last couple times other villains called with XX". If you want to prepare for 25nl+ then get your game on a level that can beat 25nl+. This play will not work 9 times out of 10 at higher limits and mostly doesn't even work at this limit tbh.

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey vinylspiros, just saw you on 10NL rush on ftilt. Was going to be all like "hey vin, it's stately from CC" in the comments during a hand we were in, but you folded your big blind i think. I'm playing FTilt as AQuandary. I'll look out for you, and most likely get outta your way, lol ;)

stately7

stately7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just read the last 2 pages of this thread and i think i need to discuss more hands with you in here - seems i have got a lot in common with you / your thought processes. Doing a lot of stuff really well, but also making some almost fundamental errors at times. I relate to this! Pls take as a compliment, i'm not having a go by any means, and i'm getting a ton out of this forum, so trying to participate / give back where i can also. I'll try and go back and read some more - but maybe you can recap your current goals. Trying to beat 10NL and get roll up to 25NL right?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey vinylspiros, just saw you on 10NL rush on ftilt. Was going to be all like "hey vin, it's stately from CC" in the comments during a hand we were in, but you folded your big blind i think. I'm playing FTilt as AQuandary. I'll look out for you, and most likely get outta your way, lol ;)

Just read the last 2 pages of this thread and i think i need to discuss more hands with you in here - seems i have got a lot in common with you / your thought processes. Doing a lot of stuff really well, but also making some almost fundamental errors at times. I relate to this! Pls take as a compliment, i'm not having a go by any means, and i'm getting a ton out of this forum, so trying to participate / give back where i can also. I'll try and go back and read some more - but maybe you can recap your current goals. Trying to beat 10NL and get roll up to 25NL right?

Hey stately! thanks alot for your kind words man. I'll look out for you too on FTP. would love to play some cash hands against anyone here so we can do some serious leveling.:p

Im glad you are getting anything positive out of this thread man. It's a learning process for all of us micro grinders i think. Good thing we have some descent cash game players throwing in some good advice here and there or else this thread wouldnt be going anywhere.

thanks a bunch.:)

As far as the recapping my goals bit:

started off on february 1st depositing 10$ into FTP. grinded 2NL where i crushed and did alright at 5NL as well winning another 85$. then did some some shot taking at 10NLwhen roll was at 190$., went on a 15BI upswing there and roll was at around 350$.

then i got all sloppy and bored cause i felt like i had alot of money so i starting playing careless/tilted/speeding the action without the goods and went on a 20 BI downswing and then decided to play some 25NL and managed to get back roll up to like 300$.

anyways to make along story short.

I have exactly 347$ all of which came from the initial 10$ deposit . Played strictly cash and unlocked alot of weekly bonuses as i managed to achieve platinum status on FTP.

I am going to be grinding strictly 10NL untill roll is above 500$ and then i will do a little shot taking at 25NL untill it goes back down to 400$ or starts to grow. (so basically im 15BI away from my current goal)

thats basically it man. Good to have you around the thread and feel free to belittle my horrible plays anytime you dont agree with them. Negative criticism is more than welcome as i believe that it is the only way for me or anyone to get good.

peace out.

thanks alot man.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ok but listen to what you just said. You hoping he has AK makes your turn play that much more optimistic since now you only have 4 outs and are never getting folds.

But onto the bigger one in bold. This is what doesn't make any sense whatsoever. With that sizing you get ALL hands you beat to fold? So whyyyyyyyy size it that way????? Think about that Vin. It's the opposite of what we ever want to do in poker which is not make money! We have a hand with decent relative strength for this board. Go for value and size it accordingly for a nice bet/fold. I'd prob go somewhere around 1.25ish. But to choose a sizing that we believe only gets called by better and folds out worse is terrible.

You're talking about one retarded fish here though. Play of the population would fold here all day, so it just doesn't make sense. If we are making huge river bets with weak-medium strength hands, do it with good reads. Don't just do it because "Well the last couple times other villains called with XX". If you want to prepare for 25nl+ then get your game on a level that can beat 25nl+. This play will not work 9 times out of 10 at higher limits and mostly doesn't even work at this limit tbh.

Yea BLob, when i said that all worse hands are folding(the part you highlighted), i didnt say it like that is what i wanted to happen. It was me making a realization that my shove was kind of terrible.

Thanks for your advice. I really do understand what you mean. The thing is that in that particular hand ,i put villain on AK,KQ and was hoping he wouldnt be able to find a fold(which he didnt but thats being results oriented so its irrelevant)

On a theoretical level, i can relate to what you are saying and thanks for pointing that out. and i sure do want to be prepared for 25NL so im going to try to maintain as steady of a game as possible in order to avoid huge variance and get myself into difficult spots.

the name of the game is : get value/fold when were beat,,,,, and thats what im going to be focusing on.

thanks so much man.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Any value in betting this river? villain is literally an unknown.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

UTG ($6.29)
MP ($4.27)
Hero (CO) ($10)
Button ($7.36)
SB ($15.04)
BB ($10.65)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A
spade.gif
, A
club.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.65) Q
diamond.gif
, K
heart.gif
, 3
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $0.50, BB calls $0.50

Turn: ($1.65) 10
heart.gif
(2 players)
BB bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

River: ($3.45) 6
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero checks

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
have this guy marked as bad aggro. his stats are out of control: 33/25/10 etc etc
On the turn his sizing smlled like it wanted to get folds. He obviously read my check as weakness and went crazy.

Another borderline spewy hand that went well. Is this spew? he snap potted turn after i ckecked. talk about timing tells. this is timing tell 101.

SB ($2.79)
BB ($10.75)
UTG ($4)
Hero (MP) ($11.55)
CO ($11.43)
Button ($4.66)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K
spade.gif
, 9
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to $0.35, CO calls $0.35, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.85) 10
club.gif
, 8
club.gif
, K
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $0.85, CO calls $0.85

Turn: ($2.55) 6
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $2.55, Hero raises to $10.27, CO calls $7.68 (All-In)

River: ($23.01) 4
club.gif
(2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $23.01 | Rake: $1.15

Results below:
Hero had K
spade.gif
, 9
spade.gif
(one pair, Kings).
CO had 10
spade.gif