*****Vinyl's GonnaCrushDAmicros 6max thread******

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
another thing that i wanted to say is that the RB im getting from FTP cause i got platinm star is adding up to quite a bit. Like it keeps me breakeven if im losing and its adding to roll if im winning. If i get good volume in its somewhere in the area of 30-50$ a week which is not that bad.

This ;) main idea is to be breakeven+ and you are already a winner.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Vinyl
Having seen you playing a lot of rush I dipped into 5nl zoom on stars which I hadn't done for a year or so. I can't get my HM2 HUD working in FT rush.
I got 3 bet on the first 5 hands I entered pots and folded the first two, I tried 4 betting twice and got shoved on both times. 5th time I went all in with JJ and got crushed by kings....Tightened up for a while got into a raising war and put all in with QQ preflop and lost to A6 where the 6 hit a straight.....lost four BI in less than 3 mins
I'm not sure how you cope with fast poker without reads... I'm going back to slow poker!!

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The 95d one looked like he was drawing too, possible higher flush? Its a call anyway and I'd say you played it correctly.

Yea, i was worried that maybe he was on a higher flush draw. Although his river bet looked like a blocker type of bet, i just dont want to be raising that river because i dont see much value in that and will only probably get looked up by better.

It was nice of villain to go all in on flop for the AA hand... :-D Easy call. It was good you didn't 4bet him preflop or he would have sussed a problem, probably not going all in on the flop.

Thats exactly the way i looked at it. Obviously my line was not standard, its just that ive noticed that people tend to whiff out that we got the nuts when we 4bet pre so i sometimes flat to let them think i might be on AK or something.

The 10d9d one is tricky as you have two villains on the river, one of them likely has A. You have 3.5:1 on your money to make that call so it may be worth the call depending on your opponents. Do you know what type hands these guys are playing or their stats? I'd be worried about UTG having AJ there, but he is probably betting AK, AQ or worse like this too. Is CO just calling on the river with a full house? Doubt it. I'm thinking AceRag or something stupid your straight has beaten. It's not a disgusting call if you ask me.

Dont really remember their stats man. they obviously are a vital part of our decision making process is this hand but by default i decided just to flat. TBH, i dont like chasing straights or flushes on paired boards versus 2 villains so in in hindsight i really think folding turn is probably best here.

thnks for your post man.

that seems the wrong way of looking at it. heres a hand i played last night . villain is 22/22

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $54.62 (218.5 bb)
MP: $25 (100 bb)
CO: $12.54 (50.2 bb)
BTN: $25 (100 bb)
Hero (SB): $48.98 (195.9 bb)
BB: $33.90 (135.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif

3 folds, BTN raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $2.25, BB folds, BTN calls $1.65

Flop: ($4.75) K
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.25, BTN calls $3.25

Turn: ($11.25) J
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $7, BTN calls $7

River: ($25.25) Q
heart4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $13, BTN calls $12.50 and is all-in

Results: $50.25 pot ($2 rake)
Final Board: K
club4.gif
diamond4.gif
heart4.gif
J
heart4.gif
Q
heart4.gif

BTN showed J
diamond4.gif
diamond4.gif
and lost (-$25 net)
Hero showed A
heart4.gif
A
club4.gif
and won $48.25 ($23.25 net)

Yes sir. This is obviously the best way to play the hand. the way i played those aces was just my way of mxing it up a bit to ensure max value(or get nothing:p). Doesnt always work and i dont advocate that line as standard but it sometimes does work to play hands kinda weirdly.

This ;) main idea is to be breakeven+ and you are already a winner.

Noones ever called me a winner before.:):) Thnks man. Free-rolling to the top.

Vinyl
Having seen you playing a lot of rush I dipped into 5nl zoom on stars which I hadn't done for a year or so. I can't get my HM2 HUD working in FT rush.
I got 3 bet on the first 5 hands I entered pots and folded the first two, I tried 4 betting twice and got shoved on both times. 5th time I went all in with JJ and got crushed by kings....Tightened up for a while got into a raising war and put all in with QQ preflop and lost to A6 where the 6 hit a straight.....lost four BI in less than 3 mins
I'm not sure how you cope with fast poker without reads... I'm going back to slow poker!!

Man, rush/Zoom poker is a whole different game than normal speed tables. It's a matter of getting used to it . Obviously HUD's are very important but if you are multitabling, alot of the time you dont really have time to look at the HUD preflop. Or at least, that's what happens with me cause i usually have like 3 rush tables running.

So what im saying is like, i follow default lines. If im really good,i bet, if im semi good, i might check call for pot control or whatever. Its just a matter of playing like 10-20K hands and getting used t the dynamics.

Alot of people advocate that rush and zoom are REALLLYYY nitty. Im going to have to disagree with that. Or at least for the micros. sure some of the player pool has the luxury of tightening up but Donks will be donks and fish will be fish. the number of times ive seen UTG raises with t8suited or some other medium strength hand are endless.

as far as the HUD is concernd. If its not working try to make sure you are running both HM2 and FTP as administrator and make sure you have your hand history clicked on save.

If you still cant get it to work, go to the site and find the troubleshooting page.

Thnks for posting FIGARO:)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now either im too passive/cautious or is not barreling turn and river here ok? These sneaky players have gotten me paranoid that they always have it so i didnt have the cajones to barrel river cause i know he has some AK in his range although he is rather loose.

Take alook:

villains stats:
25/22/8 0% 3bet over 37 hands

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($21.56)
MP ($25.19)
Hero (CO) ($26.73)
Button ($13.11)
SB ($10.20)
BB ($33.57)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, 3 folds, MP calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.55) 10
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.83, MP calls $2.83

Turn: ($11.21) 6
heart.gif
(2 players) (not firing this turn is just so gross, but there are alot of TT,QQ,JJ,two pair and AK in his range that in all honestly i dont like this flop. THOUGHT's?) like the only thing i beat is AQ if you really think about it. (esp when he calls my flop bet which looks smallish after looking over it again)

MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.21) 10
club.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

Last edited:
Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the kk hand he has checked flop turn and river so doesn't look like he can beat much. Your kings reduce the chances of AK substantially. It is a scary flop I would want to be checking one of the streets. As you have the oesd I would have checked the flop here to try and improve. After seeing the turn card and his actions on the turn you have three more decent bits of information as to how to proceed. The final two bricks and his checks looklike its safe to bet the river for value from as you stated hands like AQ AJ

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the kk hand he has checked flop turn and river so doesn't look like he can beat much. Your kings reduce the chances of AK substantially. It is a scary flop I would want to be checking one of the streets. As you have the oesd I would have checked the flop here to try and improve. After seeing the turn card and his actions on the turn you have three more decent bits of information as to how to proceed. The final two bricks and his checks looklike its safe to bet the river for value from as you stated hands like AQ AJ

Your right. I really messed that one up. dont know why really. Was getting a feeling after he called flop that im beat. .....sighssss

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villains stats: 32/21/4 5.9% 3bet 0% fold to 3bet

I overplayed my hand here and lost value right? wanted it to look like im looking for folds so that i can get called down light but...... Im so disappointed with my play here really.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB ($18)
Hero (BB) ($26.35)
UTG ($76.86)
MP ($30.01)
CO ($29.76)
Button ($28.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif

2 folds, CO raises to $0.50, Button calls $0.50, SB calls $0.40, Hero raises to $2.60, 1 fold, Button calls $2.10, 1 fold

Flop: ($6.20) 2
diamond.gif
, 9
club.gif
, J
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $4.77, Button calls $4.77

Turn: ($15.74) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players) (should i have check/jammed turn here?)
Hero bets $18.98 (All-In), 1 fold

Total pot: $15.74 | Rake: $0.78

Results below:
Hero didn't show 8
diamond.gif
, 10
diamond.gif
Outcome: Hero won $14.96

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Line check.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

Button ($54.56)
SB ($16.06)
BB ($10)
UTG ($38.04)
Hero (MP) ($35.78)
CO ($28.21)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.95) 8
spade.gif
, 10
club.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.95) 6
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.97, Hero raises to $2.60, SB calls $1.63

River: ($7.15) 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5

Keith_MM

Keith_MM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Now either im too passive/cautious or is not barreling turn and river here ok? These sneaky players have gotten me paranoid that they always have it so i didnt have the cajones to barrel river cause i know he has some AK in his range although he is rather loose.

Take alook:

villains stats:
25/22/8 0% 3bet over 37 hands

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($21.56)
MP ($25.19)
Hero (CO) ($26.73)
Button ($13.11)
SB ($10.20)
BB ($33.57)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K
spade.gif
, K
diamond.gif

1 fold, MP raises to $0.75, Hero raises to $2.60, 3 folds, MP calls $1.85

Flop: ($5.55) 10
heart.gif
, Q
diamond.gif
, J
spade.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero bets $2.83, MP calls $2.83

Turn: ($11.21) 6
heart.gif
(2 players) (not firing this turn is just so gross, but there are alot of TT,QQ,JJ,two pair and AK in his range that in all honestly i dont like this flop. THOUGHT's?) like the only thing i beat is AQ if you really think about it. (esp when he calls my flop bet which looks smallish after looking over it again)

MP checks, Hero checks

River: ($11.21) 10
club.gif
(2 players)
MP checks, Hero checks

I never thought i'd say this with top pair and an open ender .....but i could quite easily see myself checking back the flop and turn and trying to keep this a really small pot. Virtually an entire 3bet calling range has hit this and could well be in front. even 89s is ahead. if an Ace comes on turn i'll then bet betting it hard but thats just a gross flop. If you cbet the flop what better hands are you expecting him to fold and what worse hands will he call with and what do you do if he check raises the flop if he does that he pretty much has AK .

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ/KQ/AJ/KJ/T9/AT/KTs plenty of stuff calls, its just concerning that so much beats us

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
id opt to either bet/bet/check or bet/check/bet, here i prefer bet bet because so many pair+ draws call. river we can check back if e put 2 bets in, as played when he checks river bet it.

i am really really against you playing 25nl under rolled like this btw. it actually shows a big leak in your game that you didn't drop down to 5nl when you got your roll down to 100

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AQ/KQ/AJ/KJ/T9/AT/KTs plenty of stuff calls, its just concerning that so much beats us

Sure yea he could have all of this stuff. but how likely is it that he has these hands after calling my 3bet pre OOP? i would say less likely.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Line check.

Button ($54.56)
SB ($16.06)
BB ($10)
UTG ($38.04)
Hero (MP) ($35.78)
CO ($28.21)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif

1 fold, Hero raises to $0.85, 2 folds, SB calls $0.75, 1 fold

Flop: ($1.95) 8
spade.gif
, 10
club.gif
, 5
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($1.95) 6
spade.gif
(2 players)
SB bets $0.97, Hero raises to $2.60, SB calls $1.63

River: ($7.15) 5
heart.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $5

Bet flop. As played, your line doesn't make much sense. In a heads up pot, I'd expect a cbet from flush draws, so when you check flop and suddenly get aggressive on the turn, it doesn't seem all that logical.

Plus, there are a lot of good turn cards for you to keep firing.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sure but AK/sets raise flop, so if he is flatting QJ/JT then he is flatting T9/KQ/AQ/AJ

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bet flop. As played, your line doesn't make much sense. In a heads up pot, I'd expect a cbet from flush draws, so when you check flop and suddenly get aggressive on the turn, it doesn't seem all that logical.

Plus, there are a lot of good turn cards for you to keep firing.

I see what you mean yea. But don't we sometimes check flush draws so that we can keep the pot small and not get called by better or reraised and be in a tough spot? and also in order to make it look even bluffier when it suddenly comes up and we rep it?

I can see why you dont like this line and your arguments are solid and thanks. but when he flats and then checks river, doesnt it look like he is on a Ace high FD himself or something like that or like he isnt too sure about his hand when he checks river?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sure but AK/sets raise flop, so if he is flatting QJ/JT then he is flatting T9/KQ/AQ/AJ

I hear ya duggs. Load and clear. No doubt i lost alot of value in that hand and played it UBER passively. Not liking my play there.

Oh, and about you not liking the fact that im playing 25NL underolled. Thanks for that advice man. It sure is solid and i appreciate it very much. Promise ill drop to 10NL if i go to 250$. currently at 293 so im pretty close. Just got KK in versus AA and then a straight where villain fulled up on river (classic). GRRRRR. Was so close to 4 hundo this morning but variance does exist.

Might be dropping to 10NL from now on. thnks duggs. Your advice and help throughout the thread have made a hugeeee difference.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you end up down to 100 then move to 5nl, don't just punt it.

Mr Sandbag

Mr Sandbag

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see what you mean yea. But don't we sometimes check flush draws so that we can keep the pot small and not get called by better or reraised and be in a tough spot? and also in order to make it look even bluffier when it suddenly comes up and we rep it?

I can see why you dont like this line and your arguments are solid and thanks. but when he flats and then checks river, doesnt it look like he is on a Ace high FD himself or something like that or like he isnt too sure about his hand when he checks river?

As played, your river action is fine. I was just talking about the flop line.

It doesn't really make sense even from your point of view. You want to achieve some balance by checking flush draws on the flop and making it look bluffy when you hit it and raise the turn, which is fine, but in this case you are expecting to get a fold by taking the very same line.

R

redwards92

never going to move up
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really get why you aren't grinding 10NL already?

Moving up isn't going to help you get better.

regardless glad to see you aren't busto :D

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't really get why you aren't grinding 10NL already?

Moving up isn't going to help you get better.

regardless glad to see you aren't busto :D

I was grinding 10NL , started off badly with like a 10bi DOWNSWING AND THEN I GOT MAD AND SPEWED OFF ANOTHER 10bi. (YOU KNOW ME ;))

anyways. To make a long story short and to bring some balance to this whole thread.

Im going to be grinding 10NL for the rest of the month. No exceptions. Ill let everyone know when the month is over where my roll is at and what im planning to do next month.

not going to be playing ANYTHING but 10NL from this point on. I mean, i beat 2 and 5NL. why not just keep playing the proper way and beat 10NL too(which im like 1000% sure that i can).

thnks for the support guys and especially duggs and LD who are pputting some sense into my head when my BRM tilt kicks in)

p.s: and yea reds. im glad i havent gone busto either. After 1 and a half year in this forum i can finally say with confidence that i can finally beat micro cash games. hurray. micro meaning 2 and 5NL. 10NL i have yet to prove but am now back on track. HOOYAH

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As played, your river action is fine. I was just talking about the flop line.

It doesn't really make sense even from your point of view. You want to achieve some balance by checking flush draws on the flop and making it look bluffy when you hit it and raise the turn, which is fine, but in this case you are expecting to get a fold by taking the very same line.

Indeed you are making a very good point as far as the line is concerned. My argumeent here would be although i am taking the same line if i have it or not, the difference would probably be in the sizing. I would be giving him a better price if i actually did have it. make sense?

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

UTG ($3)
MP ($10.74)
CO ($22.13)
Hero (Button) ($10)
SB ($21.96)
BB ($9.55)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J
diamond.gif
, A
heart.gif

1 fold, MP calls $0.10, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.45, 2 folds, MP calls $0.35

Flop: ($1.05) 6