Is there ever a good time to play 72?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well you all may not believe this, but I actually played 72h yesterday and I won with them. I'll lay it out the way it happened. I was in the cutoff with the hand. UTG bets 50 cents pre-flop, one middle position called the bet, all others folded, I call the bet, and the blinds fold. The flop comes 72K. UTG bets 50 cents again, the other player folds, and I just call. I don't remember the turn card, but UTG checks, and I bet $1, and UTG folds, so it didn't come to a show down so I didn't get to show it. I always muck my hands no matter what. That's it. GL today

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I do this. Do you all ever play 72. And for what reason. I do it because I see it hit the board many times, and some of those are times when I have folded them. Also, I would like nothing better than to bust a pair of As and it come to a show down. GL you all
When you have 72o with 1-3BB stack in Big blind.
Or else you have too much money and play for fun.

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I recently played 72o because it was a quest in the CC scavenger hunt. 🤣

haracsir15

haracsir15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can search a Video on YouTube: Krisztián Györgyi. That says you all to this theme. :)

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure, if you enjoy losing money.

If you wanna win money. Fold 72. If you get a walk on BB with 72, ok. Otherwise, fold.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I do this. Do you all ever play 72. And for what reason. I do it because I see it hit the board many times, and some of those are times when I have folded them. Also, I would like nothing better than to bust a pair of As and it come to a show down. GL you all
Like many other replies, I would only play them from the BB if everybody limped.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only play when I'm the big blind, or rarely when it comes with the same suit...

J

jday00m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are certain times in SNGs, near the bubble when I play any 2 cards. (ICM).

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It is better to play single-handed and then if you are on your blinds.

Savantino

Savantino

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i do remember the time , when there where tables with prize by winning with 72, it was fun to play them and try to bluff just to win that prize) if iam not mistaken it was on ultimate bet poke room.. but i also like to play them when they are suited to hit the flush and deliver lit bit of pain to somebody)

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can play from BB, if no one has raised before.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I only play 7 2 and similar hands because of pot odds. Although be aware of reverse implied odds with weak starting hands.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I'm on BB and no other play raises then yes I play with the 72. But 99.9% of the times I fold this hand.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a good hand to play when ur the Bb and the table limps.. then when you hit a set on the flop.. otherwise.. I just fold them

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why enter the game with a trash hand??? Of course, if you do this every time you get 72, then I'm sure that someday luck will definitely smile at you)))

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only if you're going to steal the blinds from very tight players who don't defend

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It hits the board many times but not with the same players. And when it hits, the pot is usually small. But if your stack is healthy at position, worth to pay for cheap calls sometimes, chasin' a monster.

F

finopoker

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
Only at Big Blind, all other times fold. Maybe sometimes when trying to steel but it doesnt matter what the cards then are.

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Play it in the button if I know that the small and big blind seats are very tight. I'll have better chance to take the pot right away, and if there's any resistance sometime I call and see the flop and sometimes I just fold.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It hits the board many times but not with the same players. And when it hits, the pot is usually small. But if your stack is healthy at position, worth to pay for cheap calls sometimes, chasin' a monster.
72 is a kind of hand 90% of the times, no matter the position is an easy fold. You've got to have at least minimum of odds and outs, one or two gaps connectors...suited better. The best moment to play those cards is when your stack is massive, comparing to the opponent(s).

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It all depends on your opponents. If the table is tight, why not raise in late position 72. If you are in the big blind and all your opponents have dropped their cards or stuck, you can also play 72. At an early stage, you can also try to slip suited ones, but not always, you can throw it into a pass for a raise. It all depends on you and how you see the table, if you feel that you can play, then please luck is on your side.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my humble opinion, there is only one good position to play 72. When none of your opponents has raised, and you are on the big blind and check with a hand of 72. The flop has already been paid, why not watch without additional payment.:sneaky:

E

Erik343

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I played in one time on pokerstars, and I flopped two pair, and I got sucked out on to a larger two pair with KKQQ. lol!

My theory on playing trash hands, is that you should only do so if you are as good as hand reader as Daniel Negreanu.
I am not, so I never play 72. But, since I play super super tight, and when I am card dead, and when I get monster hands I get paid off less often. Maybe I should play a little looser?

E

Erik343

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On this Labor Day Saturday the flop was rainbow 722. So, in this case, you should of played 72 off suit. If you knew this was the flop, then yes, play 72; but, I am not psychic lol.