Is there ever a good time to play 72?

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I know I do this. Do you all ever play 72. And for what reason. I do it because I see it hit the board many times, and some of those are times when I have folded them. Also, I would like nothing better than to bust a pair of As and it come to a show down. GL you all

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I play the situation. If its good to make some play i do it with whatever cards i have.
And if i phold i don't even bother looking at the table.
And even if i look that changes nothing in my play.

Also i aint playing to show off.

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've only played it when I go in for a check at the Big blind.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well the only way for me to play a hand of 72 ... would be for all the players to limp preflop and for me to find myself in the BB position ... I don't think that if I focus on other positions I will play that hand ... !

S

StreetPhd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes play 7 2.
If I am in position and if a few other things are in play (have not been in a hand for some time, no one is short stacked behind me, I have a tight image) I will put in a standard raise.
By putting in a raise I can win the hand without seeing a flop.
Generally I just fold 7 2.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. Looks like position and the bet size has the most influence over playing the hand. GL you all

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only time I play 72 is if I get to see a free flop or if I have an opponent I feel I can steal the hand away from.

I never play a hand because certain cards seem to keep popping up. Prior boards have no effect on future ones.

Now, I might talk about certain cards popping all the time and say, "Twos are hot tonight, I'm not folding those anymore" so that I can attempt to bluff another player later. But that's a different topic.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never play 72. The only reason I would ever play it is if i'm in the bb it's suited and i'm only facing a min raise.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 72 if it limps to me and I'm big blind

Alexpoker22

Alexpoker22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i only play 72 if i have enogh BB , cause its too risky in cash games

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I usually don't play 72o, but sometimes in a freeroll (very, very rarely) i can call all-in with a pretty big stack at 72o for fun. It will be a lot of fun if you manage to beat your opponent with this hand :D

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the replies you all. 72 is always a hand to play for free. I read a post the other day about 10 2 being the best hand, maybe we all should start playing that one lol

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know I do this. Do you all ever play 72. And for what reason. I do it because I see it hit the board many times, and some of those are times when I have folded them. Also, I would like nothing better than to bust a pair of As and it come to a show down. GL you all

I've only played 72 really in games where players were playing the 72 game where anyone who wins with it gets $25 or whatever from each player.

Even still I usually didn't get involved with it unless i could be the 3-bettor in a heads up pot on position or get a cheap price on defending my big blind.

I guess with 72s in a headsup pot defending the big blind is probably fine, but only really if that bonus money is available in play.

Can't recall winning many pots with it tho... hahahah

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never play with such cards, I do not see any sense in it.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play any cards, but it depends from many details.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies. I'm like everyone else, I won't play the cards unless it's almost free to do so. Like a BB special. GL to you all.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't play 72 only if my opponent is almost out of the tourney and only few BB-s to call with considering my stack from big-blind.
Or having a chance to eliminate someone who has a really big bounty and I have many times more BBs then my opp. So these are the only expectations to play with 72.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only time I would think about playing 72o is in the BB on a check or if the blinds are folding a lot to steals will I think about raising.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes there is when u have 2 7's pocket pair and the flop is 772 lol
Quads usually takes all lol
BB to see the free flop

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
i Play 72 only if it is for free when all limp and i am in the big blind, but if someone raises before me i fold i don´t like to Play with those Cards even if i have won before with them against AA they remain weak Cards and i dont like to Play them. And if i did fold them i don´t regrett that no matter what Comes on the table

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't particularly play that hand, there would be very few times you could win with that hand.

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks again for the replies you all. I read them all, and one thing I see is that we all see and play the hand the same way. The truth is, I still try it now and then. One of these days I'm going to bust a big hand with it. Don't get me wrong, because I don't put much money into it. GL today