Poker the Marginal Way AMA

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im contemplating going to the hippo today to grind that sweet small stakes PLO but figure my time is worth more in bed at this point.

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
^^^^^^ gross river spot. looks like a fold .

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think it's gross, think it's fun :)

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So what your saying is that he read your overbet as weakness and decided to click it back?

If he ever has anything but the Nuts , or no diamonds at all, dont you think he is just going to call?

Just saying. Cause if your contemplating anything but a call (which i dont like), your saying that he is putting you on air with the overbet and is good enough to go with that read and raise without the nuts right?

Could be, but if thats the case, thats why i said its a gross spot.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hit my goal somewhere in March. Haven't really found much time to play. Have been traveling a bit. Put in a session in Barcelona last week won a decent 8k in 10/20€ but haven't really put in much otherwise. Life gets in way of poker sometimes.

If I do play more you know I'll update the thread

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well played, nice post. Thanks for sharing . And hopefully you will still stick around the forums(even as a lurker) and share a thing or two.

IMO your story rocks and your a poker IDOL.

S

seventhsense

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you remember teaching me PLO and I went on the sickest heater? Sure I won 10+ BIs in a few hundred hands.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you remember teaching me PLO and I went on the sickest heater? Sure I won 10+ BIs in a few hundred hands.

To this day I've never seen someone run like that. I had a dream that one day i could put in a session like that. Never happened.

S

seventhsense

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To this day I've never seen someone run like that. I had a dream that one day i could put in a session like that. Never happened.

Do you make blood sacrifices to Ra? Thats probably where you're going wrong.

I was running 30-40 BIs below EV at my regular games too. Then I run like a saint at $5 PLO :rolleyes:

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do come back and finish up the story regarding that Trump bet. Pins and needles here.....:eek::eek:

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good luck with whatever you decide to do, clearly a gutsy talented poker player.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do come back and finish up the story regarding that Trump bet. Pins and needles here.....:eek::eek:

If trump wins I'll just be slightly poorer but ill be more scared for the world.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'mmmmmm bbbaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkk.

Seems like i might be playing more in the near future. Had my 6-8 month sabatical and feel pretty refreshed actually.

Only played twice for the year with good results in effective 10/25 and 25/50 games. I've heard games have been mixed so far this year some really great games, some bad ones.

In before, never making anymore updates.

Since im probably not going to play more than maybe once a week, can i set my goal at 150k profit for the year?

20k so far :D

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'mmmmmm bbbaaaaaccccckkkkkkkkk.

Seems like i might be playing more in the near future. Had my 6-8 month sabatical and feel pretty refreshed actually.

Only played twice for the year with good results in effective 10/25 and 25/50 games. I've heard games have been mixed so far this year some really great games, some bad ones.

In before, never making anymore updates.

Since im probably not going to play more than maybe once a week, can i set my goal at 150k profit for the year?

20k so far :D

Live and all PLO I'm guessing?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yea, ive only put in 9 hours for the year so far so im guess 210 hands probably, 225 hands at most for the year so far, all PLO.

Im going to be entirely PLO at this point since its only big game in london. I am dabbling with going to vegas on the 26th, playing the 10k PLO on the 28th to the 30th (lol at winning), and then flying that weekend to Trinidad for sister's wedding. Obv thats a very condensed schedule but it might be possible to do it.

I say this and then just never go to the series.....Other than that, and other than any major events coming to london, cant see myself playing much else.

Oh, there is also a 5k party poker even in April with 1m guaranteed first thats tempting.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
PLO's the only big game in London? Or am I misreading? I know PLO's always been more of a Euro thing but that still surprises me

No interest in online?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PLO's the only big game in London? Or am I misreading? I know PLO's always been more of a Euro thing but that still surprises me

No interest in online?

Well unless you get some juicy private games, holdem wont play big. You are guaranteed 5/10 every day in london, that doesnt exist for holdem.

Online is only for practise, competition to hard these days, not like the good old days where it was print fest :)

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Heh you never know, still no dream machine for PLO, could still mix it at the top ;)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nah im not good anymore i swear

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't believe that for a second. Not even tempted to see? What's the highest you played consistently online?

Either way, hope you share some cool hands here

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well in the spirit of the thread title, how you been?

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't believe that for a second. Not even tempted to see? What's the highest you played consistently online?

Either way, hope you share some cool hands here

5/10 has been the highest, but that was last year June.

Hand below

Well in the spirit of the thread title, how you been?

Im great, put an offer down on a 2 bed flat recently, hoping to get word soon.....

we are playing 5/10/25. 20-30 hands into my return UTG is sat with like 1.3k, i have 6.5k in CO and BTN covers (positions may be screwed up preflop but the action and relevant positions post flop is correct)

UTG limps, someone opens, I call KJT8 1 suit the 115, BTN calls, Straddle 3 bets to like 500

btn and myself call

flop is J9x rainbow. UTG jams, I repot to like 4k, BTN tanks and jams for effective 2k more. I snap obv.

UTG has AAxx, BTN has KQJ8

run twice, hit 7 both times, bink 14.5k pot.

Marginal life