Poker the Marginal Way AMA

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most people do.

Its a weird one, most people think they play too many hands but in reality they just play the wrong hands in the wrong positions
Reminds me abit like the morecambe and wise sketch.
Playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order ;)

Hand example scenario.
-----------------------------
You 3Bet 689T in position and flop a Ten high flush. How do you proceed both in and out of position against a reg

In NLHE you can get 3 easy streets of value, but in PLO if you CBET when checked to or Lead if you were OOP and get raised difficult to know where you stand.

Whats the general line
OOP - Bet/Call, Check/Call Turn and Check/Fold to a River Shove (If Aggro is this always a call down as they are gonna have alot of crap and be putting you on AA)

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends a lot on your flop and turn c bet frequency and what you do with AAxx here. Seeing as it's a 3 bet pot, your probably going to bet call it off in this situation if you choose to bet.

It's a good spot to check flop and get into call mode but obv more hand details needed to say

E

enot

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
To be fair, he is one of the best in the game, I think he had a slight bit of a brain fart and didnt get the range quite right. Its really hard for him to beat my range, and this is the absolute lowest hand I have and hes behind it.

One time lapse more than anything else though, as I said, one of the better regs.

People always remember the bad then don't come again. Good we don't remember. Hence such thoughts. Poker is a difficult game at a distance over the years. If you take less then it will all depends on your variance in which way it will swing. I have a friend who just started to play and immediately came under minus and so serious. He threw the game

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the cut of this guy's jib. He can stay.

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Gotta pay attention to that post count man. 21. He's in it for the freerolls.

And probably translating your responses into Romanian or something and then writing in Romanian and translating THAT into Spanish before translating into English (all using Google Translate, of course).

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea I think the translation finessed what I said and made him think of a different point, I actually understand what he's saying

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People always remember the bad then don't come again. Good we don't remember. Hence such thoughts. Poker is a difficult game at a distance over the years. If you take less then it will all depends on your variance in which way it will swing. I have a friend who just started to play and immediately came under minus and so serious. He threw the game

****WeeBey Gif****

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
1408.gif

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OMG. congrats bro. very nice win. half a milli. jeeeeeez

S

subsinind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Amazing!!! Top 3s are all winners!

Take a deep breath and plan your winnings wisely.

Just in time for wsop. Good Luck!!!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like Ducky7 going to get another stake for 100nl!!!!

But in all seriousness, this is sick marg. Congrats buddy

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tell your friends to stop playing cash games and come to the dark side lol.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your ability to just show up is ****ing remarkable.

Genuinely the first time I've noticed a Cardschat notification in weeks, must be fate

So, so unbelievably pleased for you. Hugely deserved.

Coming to London, the drinks are on you ;)

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on your score Marginal!

Well done. Are you going to be at the wsop this year? Perhaps we can meet up at some point and swap notes on the field.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, I was gonna brag about my €45 win the other night, but I think I will just let that one slide.........

Nice one.

M

Marginal

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on your score Marginal!

Well done. Are you going to be at the wsop this year? Perhaps we can meet up at some point and swap notes on the field.

Nope, no WSOP for me, have other commitments, I swear at some point I will go to it but just can't figure out when that is as yet. Timing is never right

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What does Pop's think of this score? Is he asking for a cut since he's obviously taught you everything he knows?