need tips on freerolls MTTS

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah i do need to play more hands in the start.....
Well this time a had the donks for my first hand right when i needed it AA now my raise of 505 got reraised to all in before the flop so i called it, so haft of the table was in it....out come was me up in 7510.
next hand down the road was As Qs the flop comes 3d Js 10s turn Ks i was no way no one called.....
i know with limping in but with AA i need to go up on them to see if they will call or reraise...
thanks guys
p.s i may also post a screen shot of my R flush.. first one on UB

N

nyy4life42

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be afraid to mix up your play and play loose for a bit. Especially in late position.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks i will keep that in mind, all of your tips have been helping me out and i have been playing more hands now. also i am staying in the pot now, doing more trapping now and doing so by making it look like a bluff by re raising with an over size bet... And i have also been making better calls then before...
Thanks for all of the help.

I need to know what are the odds with AA and 4 being all-in at the start of a hand?????? and wining it??

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just raise the norm 3 to 4 times see a flop then determine wether the player is loose or tight. It all depends on the situation the, blinds, position etc. Sometimes its better to just lay down and live to see another hand.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in todays freeroll that i played i am still lmao. pocket KINGs got killed by a str8. trip 10s got killed by a str8, my str8 got killed by a flush. so all in all not a good day.... And yeah i have been picking up tips from all over the forum... And i am picking up on bets and keeping en eye out for some small stuff in the games now on when a trap is set. thanks guys/gals

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Kid:

I like some of the advice given to you my friend, try using it to your advantage. I agree that some here at CC have some very skilled player's an that you can learn something from them, I recommend that you take a look at the MTT Guide.

Multi Table Tournament (MTT) Guide to Success - Poker Tournament Tips

SHERMSTICK:cool:
I will be working it in to my game, Thanks friend...:)
I have seen the skill of some of them tonight and i must say WOW..
I am here to learn and to get better at poker.

Strong Dollar1

Strong Dollar1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play tight aggressive, play your position, and let the donks bluff their chips off to you. Early in those tourney their is a lot of all ins with weak hands and if you pick up a monster your going to double up most of the time anyway. Just pick your spots and don't risk more then you have to on speculative hands.

A

antizzle23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey everyone!!!
first post for me
i also agree with playing tight the first hour
people play super loose in my opinion

vtriclone

vtriclone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say that you should only paly the top five hands AA kk qq AK AQ but always be aware that there are donks that will call with 56 or some weird combination that will catch and take you out its just the way the game is especially in the freerolls. But if you want to win sometimes you have to put the chips in the pot.

K

KingPietro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i tihnk you should play more aggresiv and not only rthe top cards bluff sometime or play cennetore suited sometimes not every time but i think when you play only good cards you never win

G

Gillosdad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
MTTs require time, patience and the ability to change your game. In the early rounds, sit back, be tight and play 2 face cards, pref AK. Play aggressivly when in these situations.
As the rounds go on, adjust your range, I usualy start by face card and a mid high kicker. 8s to 10s work well.

A

artsmith1296

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does the strategy of playing tight for the first hour vary any with the number of people in the MTT? What about the 180 and 360 player ones. Is there still a large percentage of bad players for that long or is there some sign to look for to help judge when they are gone?

L

lpcjr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is one thing that i have learned in playing freerolls there is never a surething. You just have to play the best hands your given and hope they hold up. With skill and a little luck you may outlast the donks. Then hopefully you can play some better players to make it more fun in the end. Good luck and see you at the tables.

drawing4outs

drawing4outs

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
get in the habit of playing your suited connectors when you have position to play and start playing the button as often as you can. Suited connectors give you odds against bigger hands like AK and believe it or not 67 suited has the best odds against AA. Don't go chacing AA and big raises of course, but keep in mind these hands will add to the productivity of you play especially in later position, because you can begin to develope your reading of each hand to make you a stronger player that does not need to rely on big hands (like aces and kings) to win.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
thanks all, I would have been on the outer day but my cable cut out.
I have been trying new thinks out, picking up on reading bets a bit more...
I also have to work on not getting pushed around by the bigger stacks....
I think i have not played a big hand for some time and working with what i get.
I have not seen AA for some time now and i only see AK maybe one time in a game.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seem that the first couple of rounds, it a crap shoot with a number of people going all-in with just about anything. If you can weather this storm, and even aquire some chips, playing seem to be a little more realistic, so I typically try to wait it out or try my luck with the rest of them. My opinion is that you kind of need to take it all in stride for the first couple of rounds, but what I dislike are player on sites with multiple accounts for which they just seem to continue to go allin almost every time because they have a backup.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yeah i am with you there, and tend to sit back and wait,, and start playing when the blinds are higher..
I do sit in and play some high hands but fold if someone gos allin. tho i wished i called to alliners with my KK but folded i would have won and wished i played JJ i would have also won with that hand to...
Or how about the ones that go allin after they see the flop!!! well i had an alliner well this time he went allin after the flop but he had no way out of my str8,,, i love that flop str8...

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
650 would be a good bet to push off someone with rag's for cards vers AA well thats what i tho and dam i was wrong AA got beat by 555 he had 56 os...

ok now i will watch when i play pocket ACE's....

A

azbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTT freerolls are not really a good way to learn poker. They can be a lot of fun if you understand how they're different from normal poker where you're risking your hard earned cash to win. That said, I play in those same Ultimatebet tourneys from time to time and I've even won a 5000 seater on multiple occaisions with both of my names.

You need to be careful with the all in donks in the first hour. If you get in a hand with 3-5 players all in even if you have the best hand preflop you have to accept you're likely going home. That said, it takes about 5 hours to win one of those tourneys and they run one every hour so there is an upside to taking a shot. I play while I'm working and sometimes play the first hand bingo so I'm instantly on a big stack or all done. That way I can build a huge stack early or not bother spending my time.

concentrate on extracting maximum value when you can. Watch how people play. There are super aggressive donks who will raise every hand, wait for a big pair and trap them or come over the top. There are tight aggressive players who don't like to bet preflop and you have to handle them differently. But if you see flops cheaply and only get seriously involved in hands where you have the nuts or at least a monster you can do ok consistently. Remember the number of players who saw the flop changes how good hand you have post flop. If 8 people see a flop 2 pair isn't nearly as good as if 2 people see a flop for instance. I built a bankroll of over 2k on UB without making a deposit by scoring in freerolls.

You definitely want to see lots of flops. Any 1 or 2 gap cards are worth limping into the pot early just chuck them if someone makes a big raise preflop or only put them in when you're in a good position. With suited connectors hitting the straight is way better than the flush. If you hit the flush you might be up against a bigger flush because the donks love sooted cards and so there will be many K3 sooted, or Q6 sooteds being played. But if you hit the straight you can know whether you have the nuts or not. If you understand how the game is different from normal poker you can be successful but not everything written on a forum like this applies very well to freerolls. If you last until late normal play rules start to take over but you'll still run into people who will make 30 times the big blind bets with A4 or even with 97 late hoping to take down the blinds. There are lots of hands that are overplayed in freerolls, ace rags being one and AK being another. They're overplayed differently but both are get bet too much and played too hard.

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
cool and thanks alot...
Now i know who to go after in the freerolls even better now. And i have been working on bluffing now and wait till the river to do so... And boy does trapping work real good.
I have seen AK A rag over played to much to and getting beat.
thanks that gave some more in site in to freerolls.

M

mariachi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
get better on mtt

hi ,in my opinion the thing is to try to see the flop paying as much as little is possible and then u can take a better decision ,and there are some elements that u will need to take in consideration ,the highest card on the flop, if there are small or big cards ,playing agressive with poket pair like aa kk qq is not the best option and of course depends of how many chips u have. if u have 2000 and go all in u get called by someone who has 30000 with 28 and hitting 2 pairs or 3 of kind or flush

hope is useful .gl

B

bardy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
call with high cards by all means but also i'd call with suited runners the cards are a mystery so why not play what you think are good

kidkvno1

kidkvno1

Sarah's Pet
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i know that some of the hands i folded i should have played and not let the big bet run me out of a hand, i also need to push back when i hit a hand and all there pushing with is an ACE rag or AK..
And when i do start wining and get some money built up i will end up playing sit & gos. I know i can do real good in them.
I also have been trapping players alot more now then i did before but i have been using str8s, flush, full house and trips and i have to say pay off is big... QQ i tend to fold i have lost to much with them.

A

azbo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should NEVER fold QQ preflop in a MTT freeroll. because people overplay their hands a lot in freeroll. A big bet with QQ will frequently get paid off. You want to force a lot of people out of the pot preflop by making a signicant bet. If you're in an early position bet 5-6 times the big blind or 250 chips which ever is more. If you're late in the hand bet 5-6 times the BB or bet the pot which ever is more. People will come over the top with A9, JJ, even 55 a lot of the time in freerolls. The odds that you're behind are tiny compared to the odds that you're way ahead and about to be doubled up. Poker is about taking calculated risks when the odds are in your favor. If you start thinking that a great hand (QQ) is not a great hand it's because you're playing it wrong. Separate emotion from your game and concentrate on the facts.

Poker Tips Freeroll Passwords