Jacki's Cashgame Thread 2.0

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't have time to review hands (and it seems there's already good activity here) but you are inspiring me to reincarnate my old CC progress thread... again.

Putting in more volume online than I have in ages, and just getting that itch to dump my hands on others lol.

please post the link here if you do, I'd love to check it out

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
so I went and played a $1/2 session last night for just 40 mins before the tourney started.

I planned to come back as soon as I busted the tourney so I could get my 4 hour quota of cash in for this week, but I ended up final tabling that tourney and busting in 5th at 3:35am and they close the cash tables at 3:00 am....

so only 40 mins this week. it looks like I will not make my 4 hour cash goal this week since next weekend I am travelling out of town for a poker series...so the rest of this weekend I want to stay home with the family.

but next weekend I will play roughly 30 hours of poker over 3 days and should have lots to report.

Summary for last night's session: lost $8 in 40 mins and absolutely nothing interesting happened.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got back from a 4 day poker trip at the Oregon Coast. I had planned to put in a bunch of cash hours, but ended up running well enough/deep enough in both tourneys that not much time was leftover.

Min cashed the $2,500 buy in event and just missed the day 2 bag of the $800 event which left me with only a couple spare hours to play cash.

So, the list is long and I put my name on both the $1/3 and $2/5 lists but I get called up to $1/3 first.

I buy in for a full stack of $300. Every interesting hand that resulted was due to extreme exploit of 1 particular player. His stack is very likely to go in on every hand. He rarely folds preflop and nearly always 3bets and squeezes preflop. I've played him before, he is truly an any 2 cards guy and loves to bluff. He plays pretty crazy at $2/5 and $5/10 as well but he is just EXTRA crazy at $1/3. The plan is basically to try to get heads up with him, make a pair and hold on.

for example, at this table he 3bet a tight gal, she calls, flop AAJ she donks $60 into $90 he raises to $250 she goes all in for $400 and he folds 72o face up. That isn't even atypical for him.

ok....here we go

Hand #8

I have about $400 and I raise to $10 with :ks4::js4: in MP
button flats, this crazy guy makes it $40 in the small blind. I'm almost tempted to just 4 bet and stack off preflop....literally that's how wide his range is....but I decide I'll have postion on him, let me flop some kind of pair or draw first then I'm happy to stack off. so I flat and the button folds.

Pot contains $90
flop is :kc4::10h4::9h4:

he bets $60 into $90 and I call

Pot contains $210 I have $300 behind

turn is the :4h4:

He checks...I decide to check. in retrospect this is probably bad to give a free card on a draw heavy board like this, but on the other hand if I appear weak he will bluff at me a lot on most rivers and I can happily call down with top pair. And I have a gutshot myself.

river is :4s4: pot still contains $210

to my surprise he checks. This is a guy who doesn't have much give up in him, he would bluff all his airballs so he has some kind of showdown value that he is happy to check call with. I decide to value bet on the larger side since I believe he would value bet all better kings.

I decide to bet $175 into $210 and he snap calls I show and he mucks.

Hand #9
There are 2 limpers. Crazy guy makes it $20 from the HJ. He has about $800 to start I have about $600 and I'm in the BB with :kc4::8c4:

I want to play pots with this guy and $20 is about the cheapest we are ever going to get to see a flop. normally I won't defend my BB for $20 with a hand like this, but vs him I think I just need to. also these limpers are not trapping. I can rely on them to limp call or limp fold 98% of the time. The first limper folds, the 2nd limper calls off about $200

pot contains $63

flop is :4c4::5d4::8s4:

we check to the crazy guy in HJ and he bets $25. I check raise to $90

the limper folds an the crazy guy calls.

pot contains $240 and I have $490 behind

the turn is the :9c4: I think this is a pretty good barrel card for me and I continue for $125 into $240. he calls

river is the :js4: and he puts me all in. Pot contains $490 I have $365 behind.

I decide to fold.

Hand #10
I start the hand with about $600. The crazy guy is stuck for about $2k now and seems to be pushing the action even harder if that is possible. He just bought a fresh $300 (table max) and he is in the small blind.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps. 3rd to act I have :8c4::8h4: and I decide to go off script. The crazy guy will never let these limpers see a cheap flop. He will squeeze every time. I am happy to flip for stacks vs him with a hand as strong as 88 so I limp along to squeeze later (unless the UTG players beat me to the limp raise trap then I will fold having only invested $3). CO and button both limp and he does not disappoint he makes it $25.

First limper folds. 2nd limper looks genuinely conflicted then calls.

I spring the trap and make it $110. the other limpers fold. crazy guy flats. The guy who limp called the $25 folds.

We are HU to the flop pot contains $250

flop is :qh4::7s4::6s4:

He checks I bet $125 and he folds.

my questions about this hand....if I decide to take that line preflop and I get a really bad flop (such as KQJ or AJT) what should I do once he checks to me?

All said and done I played 2 hours and made a profit of $412.

Last edited:
Kanetuck

Kanetuck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just got back from a 4 day poker trip at the Oregon Coast. I had planned to put in a bunch of cash hours, but ended up running well enough/deep enough in both tourneys that not much time was leftover.

Min cashed the $2,500 buy in event and just missed the day 2 bag of the $800 event which left me with only a couple spare hours to play cash.

So, the list is long and I put my name on both the $1/3 and $2/5 lists but I get called up to $1/3 first.

I buy in for a full stack of $300. Every interesting hand that resulted was due to extreme exploit of 1 particular player. His stack is very likely to go in on every hand. He rarely folds preflop and nearly always 3bets and squeezes preflop. I've played him before, he is truly an any 2 cards guy and loves to bluff. He plays pretty crazy at $2/5 and $5/10 as well but he is just EXTRA crazy at $1/3. The plan is basically to try to get heads up with him, make a pair and hold on.

for example, at this table he 3bet a tight gal, she calls, flop AAJ she donks $60 into $90 he raises to $250 she goes all in for $400 and he folds 72o face up. That isn't even atypical for him.

ok....here we go

Hand #8

I have about $400 and I raise to $10 with :ks4::js4: in MP
button flats, this crazy guy makes it $40 in the small blind. I'm almost tempted to just 4 bet and stack off preflop....literally that's how wide his range is....but I decide I'll have postion on him, let me flop some kind of pair or draw first then I'm happy to stack off. so I flat and the button folds.

Pot contains $90
flop is :kc4::10h4::9h4:

he bets $60 into $90 and I call

Pot contains $210 I have $300 behind

turn is the :4h4:

He checks...I decide to check. in retrospect this is probably bad to give a free card on a draw heavy board like this, but on the other hand if I appear weak he will bluff at me a lot on most rivers and I can happily call down with top pair. And I have a gutshot myself.

river is :4s4: pot still contains $210

to my surprise he checks. This is a guy who doesn't have much give up in him, he would bluff all his airballs so he has some kind of showdown value that he is happy to check call with. I decide to value bet on the larger side since I believe he would value bet all better kings.

I decide to bet $175 into $210 and he snap calls I show and he mucks.

Hand #9
There are 2 limpers. Crazy guy makes it $20 from the HJ. He has about $800 to start I have about $600 and I'm in the BB with :kc4::8c4:

I want to play pots with this guy and $20 is about the cheapest we are ever going to get to see a flop. normally I won't defend my BB for $20 with a hand like this, but vs him I think I just need to. also these limpers are not trapping. I can rely on them to limp call or limp fold 98% of the time. The first limper folds, the 2nd limper calls off about $200

pot contains $63

flop is :4c4::5d4::8s4:

we check to the crazy guy in HJ and he bets $25. I check raise to $90

the limper folds an the crazy guy calls.

pot contains $240 and I have $490 behind

the turn is the :9c4: I think this is a pretty good barrel card for me and I continue for $125 into $240. he calls

river is the :js4: and he puts me all in. Pot contains $490 I have $365 behind.

I decide to fold.

Hand #10
I start the hand with about $600. The crazy guy is stuck for about $2k now and seems to be pushing the action even harder if that is possible. He just bought a fresh $300 (table max) and he is in the small blind.

UTG limps, UTG+1 limps. 3rd to act I have :8c4::8h4: and I decide to go off script. The crazy guy will never let these limpers see a cheap flop. He will squeeze every time. I am happy to flip for stacks vs him with a hand as strong as 88 so I limp along to squeeze later (unless the UTG players beat me to the limp raise trap then I will fold having only invested $3). CO and button both limp and he does not disappoint he makes it $25.

First limper folds. 2nd limper looks genuinely conflicted then calls.

I spring the trap and make it $110. the other limpers fold. crazy guy flats. The guy who limp called the $25 folds.

We are HU to the flop pot contains $250

flop is :qh4::7s4::6s4:

He checks I bet $125 and he folds.

my questions about this hand....if I decide to take that line preflop and I get a really bad flop (such as KQJ or AJT) what should I do once he checks to me?

All said and done I played 2 hours and made a profit of $412.
With that guy, I would think any flop with an ace or king would typically be bad for him and good for you. Wouldn't surprise me if he automatically put you on AK.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJ we really need to bet that turn imo. We are going to stack off v flushes anyway and are missing a ton of value. Not to mention so many rivers he will bluff and we incorrectly fold.

K8cc I am very conflicted about this whole hand. I think if we bet turn we need to be willing to consider calling when he donks blank rivers. I think bet/folding is really tough and its just generally a tough spot. On the river I want to call off given reads by when if he ever has JT when he donks we can be in real trouble.

I would probably just call flop v him and call turn and river. I understand why you want to raise. I just think we have alot better combos to do it with imo.

88 just jam any flop, 250 in the pot and he has 190 behind. even on a AQT flop he is basically wide enough that we get called when we are ahead enough. I really like the 110 sizing and the preflop line its perfect imo.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
KJ we really need to bet that turn imo. We are going to stack off v flushes anyway and are missing a ton of value. Not to mention so many rivers he will bluff and we incorrectly fold.

K8cc I am very conflicted about this whole hand. I think if we bet turn we need to be willing to consider calling when he donks blank rivers. I think bet/folding is really tough and its just generally a tough spot. On the river I want to call off given reads by when if he ever has JT when he donks we can be in real trouble.

I would probably just call flop v him and call turn and river. I understand why you want to raise. I just think we have alot better combos to do it with imo.

88 just jam any flop, 250 in the pot and he has 190 behind. even on a AQT flop he is basically wide enough that we get called when we are ahead enough. I really like the 110 sizing and the preflop line its perfect imo.

the KJ I agree. I need to bet the turn. I was lucky to get a good river.

the K8cc that whole hand just sucked, considering my grand plan was to get HU, make a pair and hold on. I guess I felt that given the size of the bet relative to the pot, i'm going to be playing a lot more pots with him where I will have stronger holdings when he makes bets like this. Because he plays any 2 cards he does turn up with weird 2 pair and rivered top pair and knows how to value bet those. I'm not afraid that he always has strength when he bets like this, but given the action and the runout I have one of the worst hands left in my range except maybe 78s, 68s or 65s.

My thinking with raising flop is to clean up my equity (vs limper) and to put in more money while I'm ahead. But I like your line better of just check calling down because in reality my raise doesn't even "protect my hand" from anything since he's basically never folding. if his overcards get there, they get there and I'll pay them off. if his 2 pair get there, they get there and I'll pay them off. but at least it will be a smaller pot.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with Duggzy. Check raising K8 on 458 flop with a bdfd is going to get you in a world of hurt when you get called or re raised. Its a clear call only for me.

I dont know any situation in cash games where bloating the pot with a weak top pair is desirable.

As played you improved and barrelled which is standard as is the river fold imo.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agree with Duggzy. Check raising K8 on 458 flop with a bdfd is going to get you in a world of hurt when you get called or re raised. Its a clear call only for me.

I dont know any situation in cash games where bloating the pot with a weak top pair is desirable.

As played you improved and barrelled which is standard as is the river fold imo.

To play devils advocate, if he is going to 3bet jam way too often then raising is fine. But thats like the opposite of our read lol.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
#9.....

I don't personally care for the defend in BB with K8s. I would prefer a 3b or fold. We know he's crazy. We know he is gonna put us to the test. But we flop nothing 2/3 of the time (ish).

I agree with the others this is a call not c/r. I feel we are too deep for this. Pot control probably better, but that's impossible because we defended OOP with very very marg hand and here we are vs dude OOP.

My thoughts.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
played 8 hours of cash last night. the first several hours at $1/2 and then the remaining at a $1/2 or $2/4 mixed game to celebrate my friend's 70th birthday.

the $1/2 session didn't go too well. Let's just say I got AJ a whole bunch of times and had a lot of J high flops lol.

a couple of key hands from $1/2 NLHE

Hand #11
There is 1 limp UTG. He has about $500 and is a very splashy player. I have $400 and UTG+2 I have :ac4::jd4: I make it $15. CO calls off about $180. Button calls off about $200. SB makes it $30 off about $450.

the limper folds.

I call. CO folds. Button calls.

Pot contains $110 flop is :js4::8s4::4c4:

SB leads $55 I call. button folds.

pot contains $220 turn is the :9h4:

SB overbets $250. I fold. he shows :2d4::3h4:

I think it's a good fold. he is basically repping KK+ or a set. At this point I didn't know he was super bluffy. later I would have called for sure as he was bluffing constantly. I think it's a good fold given what I knew at the time.

Hand #12

I raise to $10 with :ac4::jc4: utg. MP calls. CO calls, button calls, BB calls. BB is the very splashy player and he has about $800 at this time. I have rebought back up to $400.

Pot contains $51 flop is :jh4::5h4::7c4:

BB leads $30 into $51. I raise to $80. other players fold and he calls.

turn is :10c4: he checks. pot contains $211. I bet $160. He calls.

pot contains $531. river is the :4s4: he donk jams. I have $150 back and sigh call.

he tables :6h4::8d4: for the open ender on the flop.

I think I should check raise the flop bigger so that I can just move in on the turn. as it plays out....he probably stacks off either way....that's just the type of player he is. The other option is to just play passively and likely very multiway the whole way and give up on river in a much smaller pot.

All in all I ended up losing $492 in about 4.5 hours at $1/2

Moved to the birthday mixed game which was a lot of fun. I'm a total fish at those games but ended up making $50 over 4 hours lol. I learned I love 2-7 triple draw and single draw!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First AJ, im not saying its a bad fold. but they are not repping sets given their line (apart from the case JJ). I think calling flop planning to fold is fine.

Second AJ given what we know im just clicking call every street and letting him bluff way too much. When he barrels too many bluffs, our adjustment is to bluff raise more often and value raise less often! imagine he has 32o in this spot. instead of stacking him we win only the cbet. Add to the fact we are in position so can easily put bets in if he checks i think its a super super clear call.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First AJ, im not saying its a bad fold. but they are not repping sets given their line (apart from the case JJ). I think calling flop planning to fold is fine.

Second AJ given what we know im just clicking call every street and letting him bluff way too much. When he barrels too many bluffs, our adjustment is to bluff raise more often and value raise less often! imagine he has 32o in this spot. instead of stacking him we win only the cbet. Add to the fact we are in position so can easily put bets in if he checks i think its a super super clear call.

thanks for the feedback. I agree with your points and if I had to summarize what you are saying here, plus what you (and others) have said in some other comments it seems like I'm too frequently making the pots too big with top pair and then not being able to profitably play for stacks in the monster I have created...

this is a leak I will try and work on....my thought process in the moment is something like "oh this is multiway and I'm beating the aggressor's range. I want to fold out the other players" but I'm probably too focused on that at the expense of some other, bigger concepts.

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had good weekend in cash. I travelled to The Bend Poker room in Bend, OR which is about 3 hours from my home because they were having their first ever large guarantee $500 re-entry tournament. (also my best friend was promoting the event and I got to stay with her for free....so a win-win kinda setup).

I arrived the Friday night before the event and the only open seat was at $5/5 to the direct right of my best buddy who absolutely crushes cash, but especially crushes this game since this is her regular lineup. My plan was to watch and learn from her until a seat opened up and then move ANYWHERE that isn't on her direct right. lol.

Note: this is a player dealt game with no rake and no tipping.

I bought in for $500.

Hand #13
well my plan to watch and learn is immediately disrupted as I get dealt :ad4::qd4: my 2nd hand. I am in MP and I open to $15 off of $500

The SB flats off of about $450 and the BB flats off of about $800. My friend had already warned me that the SB was a huge fish who tries to go all in at some point in nearly every hand.

Pot contains $45

flop :ah4::9c4::5c4:

they check to me and I bet $35

both players call

pot contains $150 turn is the :5d4:

they check to me I bet $100. both players call

pot contains $450 river is the :ac4: bringing in the flush and giving me top boat.

The SB leads $125 off of $300. the BB raises to $250

I have $350 behind. I think it's incredibly likely the BB has an Ace that I chop with and obviously I'm not folding so the only question is should I flat and hope the SB calls or should I jam for the extra $100? According to my friend's read the SB does NOT like to fold if he has anything.

Hand #14

this is just 1 orbit later at the same table. I have about $650 and it folds to my HJ I raise to $15 with :kh4::jh4: the only caller is the same "fish" who was the SB from the last hand, he is the BB this time and he has since gone bust and reloaded to $500.

pot contains $35 and the flop is :ah4::10h4::3d4:

he checks I cbet $25 and he calls

pot contains $85 the turn is the :2c4: he checks. I decide to continue for $50. He calls. maybe this is a bad bet? maybe I should just take my free card and value bet or call certain rivers since I don't peg him as a folder...but also I suppose I could be getting him to call along with worse draws....I'm not sure of my optimal turn line however in a more "normal" pot vs a more "standard" player this is a hand I'm going to barrel twice and then give up many rivers unless I improve.

pot contains $185 and the river is the :5h4: He checks I bet $100 and he check raises all in. of course I call and he shows down :4d4::6h4: for the rivered gutshot. We scoop a nice on and he does not reload, he leaves the poker room and I take his seat which is 2 to the left of my friend.

Hand #15

an hour or so later I've mostly played a bunch of small pots and I'm sitting on $1,200. a new player just sat down on my left with $500 and I know him, he has travelled from out of town to play the tourney tomorrow and he is a very competent young player who profits online and is currently living off just his poker play and trading crypto currency.

There is an EP limper for $5 and I'm in the CO with :kh4::qh4: I make it $25 and the Button calls (this competent kid I described). The BB calls off of about $1,000 and he seems tight and decent. the limper calls off about $200.

4 ways to a flop pot contains $105. flop is :qs4::2s4::2h4:

they check to me I bet $65 the button calls and everyone else folds.

pot contains $235 and the turn is the :10h4:

I bet $175 and the button thinks and calls. he has $235 behind

pot contains $585 and the river is the :10d4:

I check and the BB goes all in for $235 which is 40% of the pot. I call and he shows down :js4::10s4: to win the pot.

should I consider check folding this river? I think that given he is a competent player he can have bluffs and be value betting Qx. but also, maybe he's not bluffing too much for a small size and so if I'm just up against Qx and better it's not a great spot.

All in all I ended up profiting $745 over 2.5 hours

Last edited:
Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The next day at the same poker room, I've finally busted the tourney and we are past the re-entry period so onto cash I go! the only open seat is at $1/2 and I buy in for the maximum of $400

Note: this is the same room that is player dealt, no rake and no tipping

This session went pretty straightforwardly with me mostly just thin value betting hands super multiway.

Hand #16

I have straddled the button for $4 off a stack of about $850

SB calls the $4 BB calls the $4 and the CO calls the $4

I have :ad4::qd4: on the button and I make it $40 as I have learned that a more "normal" sized raise of about $25-$30 gets NO folds. only the SB folds and the BB and CO both call.

pot contains $125 and there are 4 players.

flop is :kd4::10d4::4c4:

the BB lead jams for $138.

The CO folds.

I think I have a pretty clear call here? even if we think he only has KT and sets I have 40% equity vs that range. so if he ever has 1 pair or a worse diamond draw I should be printing money.

thoughts?

Hand #17

the button straddle is on for $4 and I'm the SB. I've folded almost every hand from the blinds vs a button straddle. now I have :as4::5s4: I think this is a must play hand, question is should I limp or raise? I almost never open limp so I decide to make it $20 off a $700 stack.

HJ calls off of $1,000. button calls off about $500

Pot contains $62

flop is :8s4::9c4::js4:

I don't know if I should bet, check call or check raise this flop. since betting seemed lower variance that is the one I picked. I lead $35. Both players call.

pot contains $167 and the turn is the :kh4: I check. HJ bets $125 and button calls and I just fold.

is that too nitty a fold multiway? I'm not quite getting the right price but I should have good implied odds if I hit a spade. also, there is a good chance one of them is on spades so I only have 7 outs instead of 9, but then better implied odds.

All in all I ended up profiting $317 over 3.75 hours

*as a side note if anyone is interested I was a guest on the thinking poker podcast with Andrew Brokos and Nate Meyvis and my episode aired today. here is the link and you can also find it in pretty much any podcast App on your phone. http://www.thinkingpoker.net/2019/09/episode-308-jacki-burkhart/

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand KhQh on Q22TT.
I prefer to bet smaller on the flop and turn on that run out to encourage calls from 55-99 and all the back door draws. With the pot smaller you can then afford to bet fold or check call the river.
On that board with a smaller pot Id then bet river looking for calls from QJ Q9 Q8. Intending to fold to a raise.

Once you bet that big on the turn and he calls you seriously have to consider you are beaten and chopping at best. When he calls turn having flatted button he can have AQ, QT, TT, A2 KQ and as he did, a pair and a flush draw.
Pure flush draws only would likely be folded by a competent player who understands pot odds and knows he isnt likely to get paid when the flush arrives.
You checked and called it off when its a pretty clear fold bearing in mind hes folded most pure draws. Its the sizing that makes the pot so big that you feel the need to call it off because of the SPR. That is the leak you identified in your previous post.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Im guessing you have AQ? I only see the Q, I jam river and let him call it off with worse.

KJs, we can probably bet turn and check back on blanks imo.

He has exactly 2x pot behind on turn? I think we can probably just rip turn with KQhh. I am only betting turn planning to barrel most rivers. I think if we bet turn it needs to either be smaller or all in. As played I jam river.

AQdd? its a snap, even if he has sets and KT its printing money to call

A5s limp pre, check flop. turn looks good as played

Will definitely check out your episode!!!!

Jacki Burkhart

Jacki Burkhart

long winded rambler...
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
had a great night at poker on friday.

arrived 1 hour early to play the monthly "big" tournament. played $1/2 for exactly an hour.

Hand #18

EP limper. girl makes it $15 off of $450 (this is my friend she is a pretty decent and aggressive player). Button flats the $15. I am in the BB with :qs4::10s4: and I decide to flat the $15 off a stack of about $425 (the limper is practically never limp trapping and even so only has $60 to start the hand)

4 ways to a flop. pot contains $61

flop is :7s4::7h4::6s4:

she cbets for $30. button folds. I decide to flat. typically this would be a check raise for me....but I've talked so many hands with this gal she would know I'm full of shit often enough and if she actually has any value she will probably jam on me. maybe that is weak thinking and I should just take the spot anyways...but I didn't.

it's HU to the turn. pot contains $121 turn is the :9c4:

action goes check check. I was definitely going to Check raise this turn as I now have a spade draw, a gutter and 2 overs I'd be happy enough to stack off if it came to that.... (and I think it's a more believable line if I had a 7) but it checks through.

pot still contains $121 river is the :js4:

what should my move be?

Hand #19
EP limper limps. folds to me in the HJ and I make it $25 off of $500 with :6d4::7d4:

Button flats off $160. SB goes all in for $35.

I call. button calls.

flop :jd4::8c4::9s4: pot is 3 ways with a dry sidepot. main pot contains $107

what should be my move on this flop?

those were really the only 2 interesting hands in the hour I played.

I made $171 in 1 hour.

then I went and played the $250 tournament. 147 players and a prizepool of $28,000 and I won FIRST PLACE for $6,920. :) :)

Attachments

• 6F6B0468-36A8-44DA-A6AD-9B96D4780261.jpg
    6F6B0468-36A8-44DA-A6AD-9B96D4780261.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats on the bink a super result!...Who needs those pesky cash games!
QT the board is so coordinated its difficult for an utg opening range to have hit much here. You are likely well in front of overpairs and Jx or behind a higher flush or a backed into set of jacks or 9s. I would bet just over half pot. That way if you get raised you know you are beat but still might pick up a call from the medium part of her range. If you blocker bet small here you open yourself to a bluff shove that would put you in a terrible spot. If you bet too big you only get called and raised by better.
This is a pretty common spot tbh. Generally I bet small to get regular calls from timid players who simply wont bluff and 50-60% versus the more aggressive types who wont be able to read your sizing as well as a blocker.

67 I just check call flop. I see no value in semi bluffing here. If you bet and force the button out you are heads up v SB and likely behind. With the oesd bdfd you have a chance to improve and keep the button in to build a side pot.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
had a great night at poker on friday.

arrived 1 hour early to play the monthly "big" tournament. played $1/2 for exactly an hour.

Hand #18

EP limper. girl makes it $15 off of $450 (this is my friend she is a pretty decent and aggressive player). Button flats the $15. I am in the BB with :qs4::10s4: and I decide to flat the $15 off a stack of about $425 (the limper is practically never limp trapping and even so only has $60 to start the hand)

4 ways to a flop. pot contains $61

flop is :7s4::7h4::6s4:

she cbets for $30. button folds. I decide to flat. typically this would be a check raise for me....but I've talked so many hands with this gal she would know I'm full of shit often enough and if she actually has any value she will probably jam on me. maybe that is weak thinking and I should just take the spot anyways...but I didn't.

it's HU to the turn. pot contains $121 turn is the :9c4:

action goes check check. I was definitely going to Check raise this turn as I now have a spade draw, a gutter and 2 overs I'd be happy enough to stack off if it came to that.... (and I think it's a more believable line if I had a 7) but it checks through.

pot still contains $121 river is the :js4:

what should my move be?

Hand #19
EP limper limps. folds to me in the HJ and I make it $25 off of $500 with :6d4::7d4:

Button flats off $160. SB goes all in for $35.

I call. button calls.

flop :jd4::8c4::9s4: pot is 3 ways with a dry sidepot. main pot contains $107

what should be my move on this flop?

those were really the only 2 interesting hands in the hour I played.

I made $171 in 1 hour.

then I went and played the $250 tournament. 147 players and a prizepool of $28,000 and I won FIRST PLACE for $6,920. :) :)

Nice score Jacki! You do very well at tournaments! I really need to start playing those soon, like the WSOPC or something.

Maybe I can learn a bit from you by reading!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QTs you dont have a gutter on the turn.

I bet river for value

Real Money Poker - Real Money Casinos Top 10 Games