Are HUDs a necessity in Micro games ?

S

somersetlad9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say HUD's are useful at all level of poker. Will certainly give you a bigger edge. However sometimes it's good to practice playing without a HUD as this will make you a huge fish at Live Play. Pot size, chip stacks,pot odds which software helps you with when you have it available

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its a necessity especially when youre multitabling.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not necessary, but it will help. At that level, most players are pretty predicable. If you want to use it because you are not going to pay attention, then yes, definitely necessary.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely IMO. The HUD just gives U extra info to exploit your opponent with

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, its not essential to beat the micros. I am evidence of this.

I have never used huds. As long as you are paying attention and not playing a silly number of tables you will notice who the good/bad players are and be able to make good notes.

I mean, a HUD is all well and good, but if you get to the river and need to make a big decision good notes combined with strong hand reading skills are way more useful, imo.

R

razzor94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, its not essential to beat the micros. I am evidence of this.

I have never used huds. As long as you are paying attention and not playing a silly number of tables you will notice who the good/bad players are and be able to make good notes.

I mean, a HUD is all well and good, but if you get to the river and need to make a big decision good notes combined with strong hand reading skills are way more useful, imo.

How many tables do u think one can play without using a HUD ?

starting_at_the_bottom

starting_at_the_bottom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many tables do u think one can play without using a HUD ?

The same number as you could play with a hud.

I think I know what you are getting at, but you need to refine the question.

I feel a lot of newbie players would benefit more from watching training videos, than just going on autopilot and believing that they should make default decisions based on hud stats. Yes, they can be beneficial for proven winners, but work on improving your game is way more important then pretty numbers next to the villains.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
HUD`s are very necessary in ALL online poker games.

:D u make my day better/ :D GoodLuck with using it)
PS: dont forget to fold if tight player make re-raise/

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Ok! let it be/ the HUDs is good/

1) player who use HUDs must be marked, if not ......
2) player who use HUDs must play at the table where all players use this cr@p

imao, :D

T

touchmytallalla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its must have in our days even on micro limits. Just to get used to play with hud. Cause in higher limits it will be almost impossible to male profit and play without statistic programs. As for me I am against all those programs?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
how can it help u improve ur game? :D if u cant calculate outs and dont understand odds posibilities its ur problem! and i dont think that any soft can help U)

Yah... because that's entirely what the game is about! :rolleyes:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Firstly, it is not worth it to buy (costs to much) Secondly, to many people I know who used it, this softs just gave a lot of completely useless information which did not give u to focus on game and how ur opponent play, what is more important than how many hands he/she played. I've never used any, trying to focus on players and how they play in dif situation! try to reconvince me)

Would be like trying to reconvince a brick wall.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, I've seen lots of arguments where this would help you or not.

The answer, yes it helps but it's not the key to win when you're a fish! end of history. All of those discussions just to get to this point.

Now a question that I always have when I think about it.

ISN'T THAT CHEATING???? FOR CHRIST SAKE, YOU'RE GETTING INFORMATION ON YOUR OPPONENT W/O HAVING EVER PLAYED AGAINST THEM..

Am I the only one who thinks like that?

ps. Like the hand analysis possibility though. that's what will really help me/you to improve your game.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
Honestly, I've seen lots of arguments where this would help you or not.

The answer, yes it helps but it's not the key to win when you're a fish! end of history. All of those discussions just to get to this point.

Now a question that I always have when I think about it.

ISN'T THAT CHEATING???? FOR CHRIST SAKE, YOU'RE GETTING INFORMATION ON YOUR OPPONENT W/O HAVING EVER PLAYED AGAINST THEM..

Am I the only one who thinks like that?

ps. Like the hand analysis possibility though. that's what will really help me/you to improve your game.

From the little I know about HUDs you only get information from players that you have played, unless someone is buying hand histories and loads them into their tracking software, correct me if I am wrong anyone re the HH.

I am one who thinks that it should be a level playing field with no software involved, but until the sites ban the use of software there is nothing anyone can do to stop the use of them.

:top:

vinylspiros

vinylspiros

PIRANHA-------->< (((º>
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
[ ] really knows what he's talking about when it comes to HUDs

:adore::adore::adore::adore: LMAO

From the little I know about HUDs you only get information from players that you have played, unless someone is buying hand histories and loads them into their tracking software, correct me if I am wrong anyone re the HH.

I am one who thinks that it should be a level playing field with no software involved, but until the sites ban the use of software there is nothing anyone can do to stop the use of them.

Nope your spot on. What hes saying is the exact opposite of what really happpens. Huds cant help much unless youve played thousands of hands against someone.

N

NKGB13

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:adore::adore::adore::adore: LMAO

Nope your spot on. What hes saying is the exact opposite of what really happpens. Huds cant help much unless youve played thousands of hands against someone.

So in this case, it's not a HUGE cheat, because you could have been taking notes.. It just help you to do that..

BigCountryGB

BigCountryGB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So in this case, it's not a HUGE cheat, because you could have been taking notes.. It just help you to do that..

It's not a cheat at all since you aren't doing anything against the rules of the game or site. It does provide an advantage over having to review tons of data and manually making notes and of course it's a huge advantage over a rec player who doesn't even do that.

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Yah... because that's entirely what the game is about! :rolleyes:

What this game for you? like u know for me poker is nice time spending/ and i never play only for money! now i play some games (with friends) just for game with no money bank/ Why are u play poker Orifice?

PS: -1

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
What this game for you? like u know for me poker is nice time spending/ and i never play only for money! now i play some games (with friends) just for game with no money bank/ Why are u play poker Orifice?

PS: -1

Blow and Ho's are expensive, he has to get money somewhere, his cane, dog, dark glasses and tin cup wasn't earning him enough.

I know, I am one of his ho's

onondaga

onondaga

Ukraine
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Blow and Ho's are expensive, he has to get money somewhere, his cane, dog, dark glasses and tin cup wasn't earning him enough.

I know, I am one of his ho's

explained understandably! :cool:

Top 10 Games