have to be nit to win at microstake?

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Puke, what's so important about practicing 'moves'? As others have stated, no one at the limits you're playing is going to fall for anything fancy. They're literally just playing the two cards they were dealt and not (for the most part) thinking past them.

I'm not attempting to criticize your ambitions or interests for the game. I'm just wondering why you even care about these 'moves' you keep going on about. I mean, if your overall goal is to just have fun, then I completely understand a lot of what you've been writing ..but if it's to turn a profit and eventually move up, then I'm clueless as to why you even care about fancy plays and such.

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not talking about fancy move. I am talking about moves that really can help me move up. If it is for fun why I need to care about the practice.

Puke, what's so important about practicing 'moves'? As others have stated, no one at the limits you're playing is going to fall for anything fancy. They're literally just playing the two cards they were dealt and not (for the most part) thinking past them.

I'm not attempting to criticize your ambitions or interests for the game. I'm just wondering why you even care about these 'moves' you keep going on about. I mean, if your overall goal is to just have fun, then I completely understand a lot of what you've been writing ..but if it's to turn a profit and eventually move up, then I'm clueless as to why you even care about fancy plays and such.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am not talking about fancy move. I am talking about moves that really can help me move up. If it is for fun why I need to care about the practice.
What exactly are these moves you're talking about? And why is it appropriate to practice them against the level of opponents against whom you are practicing them?

If you can answer these questions **in detail*, then **maybe** you're not just like the crowds of other players I've seen over the years whose profitability has suffered because they have refused to deal with their FPS.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what moves yeah?? Dont think there are ANY "moves" that can really help you move up. If you can justify any of these moves then you would be good enough to move up already. Thing is though, the things that help you win at 10nl also work at 200nl! Stop over complicating something really simple or you will just fail at learning the simple stuff.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha, your bluff sucks.
Antway, Thank you for your advice. I am considering using your advice 98% time. Give me one or two times to practice some move

Nope, I wasn't bluffing I was betting for value and you are paying off like a busted slot machine. Keep doing what you're doing poker needs all of the dead money that it can get.

J

jacor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On micro stakes only the poker room makes money not players I think. I lost a lot too even I was playing good. There was always a guy that the river brought him a win with better set than mine.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
On micro stakes only the poker room makes money not players I think. I lost a lot too even I was playing good. There was always a guy that the river brought him a win with better set than mine.

Whee!!! Here we go again with "ZOMG the micros is hard. My game is way to sophisticated to be profitable at microstakes. I gots to move up to where people are smart enough to fold to my sick bluffs."

Do tell, jacor. How are the micros crushing you? Show us some of your beautiful plays that are failing.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh, it's that time again. Compulsory lolololol.

LOLOLOLOL

B

Big_Rudy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No money to be made at the micros. Everyone's solid. ;)

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You misunderstand. I mean your 10-1 bet is not that profitable

Nope, I wasn't bluffing I was betting for value and you are paying off like a busted slot machine. Keep doing what you're doing poker needs all of the dead money that it can get.

alaskabill

alaskabill

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You misunderstand. I mean your 10-1 bet is not that profitable

The point that I was making with my initial post was that you were incapable or unwilling to change your style in order to be profitable. Since I suspect that most of the people in this thread would agree with me I would have to offer long odds to get any action. However, since you are clearly incapable of changing your approach the bet would be highly profitable.

However, I'm not really interested in making some sort of prop bet to encourage you to play better. Your not going to change anyways and the more dead money in the games the better.

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am sorry I bothered answering to this thread.

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1) Then what are you actually talking about?.. What the heck are these 'moves' and how are they going to help you move up??

2) If it's not for fun then why are you even concerned about anything other than playing basic abc @ the micros? Just take the advice that's been given to you. Practice proper BRM. And when you're rolled for higher stakes, play them. ez game

I am sorry I bothered answering to this thread.
+1

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes pukey-baby (or do you prefer pukester?), please give us an example of what you mean by a 'move'.

Let's say you 3bet the CO from the SB with QTo and he calls, and the flop comes AK3r, you bet and he minraises... are you shoving in this spot a little too often perhaps?

Tino11

Tino11

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played 19/15, even if I play tight I lose.

You don't start a session thinking you will play 22/17 today or 12/10. You play the table and player dynamic and use their stats against them.
19/15 gives a VPIP hand range of, 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KTo+,QTo+

19/15 gives a PFR hand range of, 77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo

Now how do I know you are playing that hand range? Your VPIP could be made up of marginal hands played OOP. You might be raising at the wrong time with the wrong cards against the wrong opponent. Without some detailed information, how do you honestly expect someone/anyone to give you solid advice that will benefit your game. 19/15 tells me very little about your game. Its a stat, thats it. To validate it, whats the rest of your stats. How often do you open raise in EP? How often do you cbet the flop when open raising? Provide a full set of stats, with some hands to support them and explain your thinking as each hand develops, then I believe someone here will be in a position to offer you some very good, valuable advice. Until you do that, you are just pissing in the wind.

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just said I will take that advice. That is why I said your bet is not good for you

The point that I was making with my initial post was that you were incapable or unwilling to change your style in order to be profitable. Since I suspect that most of the people in this thread would agree with me I would have to offer long odds to get any action. However, since you are clearly incapable of changing your approach the bet would be highly profitable.

However, I'm not really interested in making some sort of prop bet to encourage you to play better. Your not going to change anyways and the more dead money in the games the better.

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I am not that spew, right now. I maybe will focus on one villian who bluff a lot and try to fight back once a while.
Of cause I will make sure it will not harm my general game plan. That is it.

Yes pukey-baby (or do you prefer pukester?), please give us an example of what you mean by a 'move'.

Let's say you 3bet the CO from the SB with QTo and he calls, and the flop comes AK3r, you bet and he minraises... are you shoving in this spot a little too often perhaps?

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All right I am not sure which table is to extract from hm. I will try to figure out.

I played 19/15, even if I play tight I lose.

You don't start a session thinking you will play 22/17 today or 12/10. You play the table and player dynamic and use their stats against them.
19/15 gives a VPIP hand range of, 66+,A5s+,K9s+,Q9s+,J9s+,T9s,A9o+,KTo+,QTo+

19/15 gives a PFR hand range of, 77+,A7s+,K9s+,QTs+,JTs,ATo+,KTo+,QJo

Now how do I know you are playing that hand range? Your VPIP could be made up of marginal hands played OOP. You might be raising at the wrong time with the wrong cards against the wrong opponent. Without some detailed information, how do you honestly expect someone/anyone to give you solid advice that will benefit your game. 19/15 tells me very little about your game. Its a stat, thats it. To validate it, whats the rest of your stats. How often do you open raise in EP? How often do you cbet the flop when open raising? Provide a full set of stats, with some hands to support them and explain your thinking as each hand develops, then I believe someone here will be in a position to offer you some very good, valuable advice. Until you do that, you are just pissing in the wind.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No I am not that spew, right now. I maybe will focus on one villian who bluff a lot and try to fight back once a while.
Of cause I will make sure it will not harm my general game plan. That is it.

Sounds good. If you find that one villain is bluffing a lot, you can call down lighter than you normally would. I wouldn't call that a move though.

Ezekiel162

Ezekiel162

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Puke, I was willing enough to post a hand on the thread earlier which you had commented on... Maybe you would be thoughtful/fair enough to allow us some insight as to how you play your hands? I feel you're being very inconsiderate by having us all discuss points on the "moves" you're talking about without knowing how you actually play...

If not... Then 'nuff said because w/o this info your posts are really becoming a waste of people's time/effort in responding/explaining to you dude... Unless you're doing this for fun... Because everyone's given you very good feedback up to this point but you've given absolutely nothing in return...

Last edited:
P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought it is just general talk so I did not post some detail hands here. I already post tons of hands on analysis section.
And I think it is great to have so many people talk here.Some folks even gives advice in very detail.

I really appreciate that. I got a little hopeless when I post this. But now I got my confident back.

Next step maybe I will try to figure out how to post detail stastic of my hm.

Puke, I was willing enough to post a hand on the thread earlier which you had commented on... Maybe you would be thoughtful/fair enough to allow us some insight as to how you play your hands? I feel you're being very inconsiderate by having us all discuss points on the "moves" you're talking about without knowing how you actually play...

If not... Then 'nuff said because w/o this info your posts are really becoming a waste of people's time/effort in responding/explaining to you dude... Unless you're doing this for fun... Because everyone's given you very good feedback up to this point but you've given absolutely nothing in return...

P

puke

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Then maybe I misunderstand the "move" term. My bad.
Sounds good. If you find that one villain is bluffing a lot, you can call down lighter than you normally would. I wouldn't call that a move though.

Demonomania

Demonomania

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's good to hear you've got your confidence back. If anything, I believe most everyone here can agree that your thread's a success by just that alone.

gl