grinding the .01/.02

F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know how to make a video, lol. But I know how to make moniezz at 2nl, lol.
I worked it out last night as I was trying to figure out how the rewards/bonus thing works at the site I've been playing it on (888Poker).

I've played ~10,000 hands & have won just under 100buyins.

100 * $ 2.00 = 200.00 = 10,000 BB

10,000 BB/ (10,000 hands/100=100) = 100 BB/100

Stats, graph & screen caps please!

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hey fx, you beat 2nl pretty easy haha, what were some of your best strategies? I've seen you post in the past, but I think those would be great starting points for new players to live by at 2nl...post your graph of winnings if you wouldnt mind also :)

serendipity

serendipity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
F

fx20736

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hey fx, you beat 2nl pretty easy haha, what were some of your best strategies? I've seen you post in the past, but I think those would be great starting points for new players to live by at 2nl...post your graph of winnings if you wouldnt mind also :)

It's all available in the fx cash thread. https://www.cardschat.com/forum/poker-goals-challenges-wins-46/

I was a consistent winner @2nl but not a huge one. My win rate was just under 3BB(6bb)/100 so I by no means crushed the game. In a nutshell beecause of all the crazy variance and suckouts I ended up becoming a nit and tried to avoid marginal situations., i.e. not playing out of position, not playing dominated hands,etc. but in reading some of the things players who made huge profits @ 2nl I now realize that big winners did so by seeing a lot of flops and when they flopped monsters could get called on 3 streets by worse hands.

I do think a nitty approach works for someone who is:

1. new to poker and lacks confidence in their abilities
  2. has a very limited amount of bankroll to play with.
  3. is easily prone to tilt.
If that describes anyone reading this thread and who wants to start playing poker or maybe just stop being a consistent loser and is patient and willing to grind and grind and grind then PM me and I'll do what I can to help.:)

dd_decker

dd_decker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing micro stakes .01/.02 tables is a way of playing for fun but it can also make you some money over time. Basically, you should try to play your best, take it seriously, and be very patient. After a few months you should be able to build enough of a bankroll to move to higher stakes.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
100 * $ 2.00 = 200.00 = 10,000 BB

10,000 BB/ (10,000 hands/100=100) = 100 BB/100

Stats, graph & screen caps please!

"Oh yah, & I'm not using a HUD."

"tables at 888Poker."

What is a 'screen cap'?

Your math is correct. My calculations were done once I actually finally discovered how pts. are calculated on 888Poker which helped to figure out roughly how many hands I've played (# of pts. 'on avg.' I'm picking up per hr., knowing how many tables I've been on & what the avg. hands/hr. is on those tables...... so it's a rough estimate at best.... but not far off from bein' accurate).
p.s. Haven't bothered playing any of it this week. I think the 2nl bug has left me for now.

Riverrr

Riverrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I made around $10 grinding the .01/.02 tables the past 2 weeks. Had someone shove all in on a KcTcTd board with 7s9s :D.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I made around $10 grinding the .01/.02 tables the past 2 weeks. Had someone shove all in on a KcTcTd board with 7s9s :D.

For 'fun' on 888Poker 2nl tables, I've open-shoved 100+bb's with AA & gotten called 80% of the time. (same with 3bet &/or 4bet shoving preflop).{< actually did this regularly for 2days in-a-row playing on there... lots of fun! lol} Sometimes winnning 10buyins in 10mins. Time of day seems to make a BIG difference (as alot of them are Euros so I find it's best to play when it's after 6pm in Euro time). I also think it's due to 888Poker handing out the freebie $8 to all new players..... many of them have absolutely no clue (& those that do can't imagine that someone with AA would just open-shove 100bb's.... I mean why would anyone do that? You risk losing a ton of value. Exactly.. that's why I was doing it... in hopes they'd be thinking I'd never be doing that with AA. Sometimes after they'd call I'd type in chatbox.. "of course I've got 'AA'.. what else would I ever have in that spot?" (lots of fun!)

Atticus22

Atticus22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i grind on F T P - micro rush - 6 man

1 sit with $3
2 wait for premium hands
3 make 2 bucks and bank
4 repeat steps 1 - 3

TopJimmy99

TopJimmy99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i grind on F T P - micro rush - 6 man

1 sit with $3
2 wait for premium hands
3 make 2 bucks and bank
4 repeat steps 1 - 3

That's a great strategy I try to employ too, but it gets annoying as hell when someone shoves and you've got kings or queens, because they probably have worse. I love rush, but I just think people use it as an excuse to shove haha.

I know I've been in the position where I should have called a hand because I probably had it won, but I don't have the bankroll to be calling shoves left and right, especially in rush where the next good hand comes much sooner than a regular cash table.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is pretty ridic PO, i believe you, but I'd love to see a graph or something if you got it haha

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
That is pretty ridic PO, i believe you, but I'd love to see a graph or something if you got it haha

What kind of a "graph" am I gonna show from 888Poker? (w/o using a HUD?)

Why would I say this if it wasn't true? It's not like it's some astronomical brag ffs. I mean come on.. it's frigg'n 2nl.
88Poker is has ALOT of reallyyyyy weak players on it & many others who are happy to get it in 100bb's deep with ATo, etc. I've ran up 10buyins in 2orbits before on there.

Was just doin' calculations based on # of player pts. earned & takes like 250hands at 2nl to get 1pt. (on average).

Was also posting this for others who play 2nl on sites that they might want to try playing on somewhere like 888Poker instead of where they're playing now (CC also putting on some big freerolls there for anyone who deposits).

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well variance is your biggest enemy at 2nl, to run up 100Bi's in 10k hands even at 2nl is impressive...

if your really doing that, than keep playing that haha no need to move up if your making 200$ every 10k hands (which is around a week for me atleast)

and I said I believe you, just saying it would be sick to see a garf of that