grinding the .01/.02

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just moved to 2NL on Stars to rebuild my roll (was playing 25NL), finding it pretty tedious but easy...

I've got a roll of $47, I've taken to opening as many tables as I can leaving ~$5 in my roll (so 9 tables), when I double up I leave if there are no fish left and join 2 new tables, repeat :)

What happened mate?

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha im not new to online poker, but thanks though....and if i had the money i would play higher, bc ive got a winning rate at 25nl, but ive got other expenses to attend too haha so i figured I would attempt to grind it out at the low levels aka im a poor college student

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What happened mate?

Life expenses, had an expensive summer off studies and no job so roll had to go to preserve my overdraft for this year :eek:

As for exploiting fishes, they are so easily exploitable I'd rather sit on 10 tables and get the maximum number of good hands to extract value with than worry about getting an extra 1 or 2 cents per hand over 4 tables :)

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Life expenses, had an expensive summer off studies and no job so roll had to go to preserve my overdraft for this year :eek:

As for exploiting fishes, they are so easily exploitable I'd rather sit on 10 tables and get the maximum number of good hands to extract value with than worry about getting an extra 1 or 2 cents per hand over 4 tables :)

Ahh life does many a bad thing to a roll. I'm at ~$60, race you to the top :)

Yeah with the tables thing, you're win-rate isn't going to be 4 times higher at 4 tables compared to 16. You're going to be making more money with 16 tables if you can play them well enough that most decisions are automatic.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ahh life does many a bad thing to a roll. I'm at ~$60, race you to the top :)

Yeah with the tables thing, you're win-rate isn't going to be 4 times higher at 4 tables compared to 16. You're going to be making more money with 16 tables if you can play them well enough that most decisions are automatic.

Hehe GL man.

Just won a couple of BI on Stars, move to iPoker and drop 3BI within like 200 hands :(

thetaxman1

thetaxman1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is why in my opinion multitabling is a problem. Its the Nits and Donk problem. If you play more than 4 tables at a time You miss much of the play that you do not participate in. And when you play mathmatically you become predictable.So If your playing micros and your playing by the numbers and it really doesnt matter what style you play, the Nits and the Donks offset your play. So breakeven is above the norm. So if you plan to multitable micro limits be sure to have a rakeback or Bonus plan.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant afford to play any higher than 2NL safely either, i know i can play 5NL and probably 10NL but even at 2NL its not uncommon to lose 3 or 4 buyins in a row, even if you played the hands properly, so if this happened at 5 or 10 NL then theres half my bankroll gone.

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is why in my opinion multitabling is a problem. Its the Nits and Donk problem. If you play more than 4 tables at a time You miss much of the play that you do not participate in. And when you play mathmatically you become predictable.So If your playing micros and your playing by the numbers and it really doesnt matter what style you play, the Nits and the Donks offset your play. So breakeven is above the norm. So if you plan to multitable micro limits be sure to have a rakeback or Bonus plan.

Just because someone is a nit does not mean they are good...

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just get rakeback on ftp, all you have to do is sign up for it haha free little paycheck every friday

LuckyChippy

LuckyChippy

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

"Donks" will give you there money no matter how tight or predictable you play, not that you should be either of those two things even 12 tabling FR. Nits don't play enough hands to be -EV for you, you take a quick look at stats, oh 9/7, and you fold. You steal their blinds, you set mine against them. Easy game. Neither types should cause you problems and the number of tables you are playing shouldn't affect this, or you're playing too many.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just get rakeback on ftp, all you have to do is sign up for it haha free little paycheck every friday

howww? i really wish i had rakeback, ive tried rakeback pro's but they aint wrote back?

psy0nyd3

psy0nyd3

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
howww? i really wish i had rakeback, ive tried rakeback pro's but they aint wrote back?

If you originally downloaded the client directly from Full Tilt's website, you should be able to get rakeback. If you downloaded via an affiliate you can't as far as I understand.

When I signed up at rakebackpros website I emailed full tilt after 2 days and then 1-2 days after that I got an email back that said I was approved, it was quick and easy.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ya, i just joined rakeback pros, emailed accountinfo@fulltiltpoker.com and they told me I was eligible, simple process but I signed up for full tilt so long ago, so I'm not sure where exactly I first downloaded the Full Tilt Client

Theblueduce

Theblueduce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think with your bankroll the table you are playing is just about right. Play at the level that is comfortable to you. Whatever level it is just make the good decisions when playing.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ya rolls back up over 200$ again due to rush sngs lol

chipSMOKE

chipSMOKE

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good thread . I just won a freeroll , so im using my freeroll money to play .01/.02 . I run about 3-4 tables at a time . Im making alot of profit . So were on the right track !!

forsakenone

forsakenone

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

good advice by Pascal here, i agree. i had a rather huge downswing at 10nl, had to drop back to 2nl. i play ABC poker with like 14 tables at once and in 15000 hands i won 61$. if you have your ABC poker set up good you should have no problem playing more than 4 tables, and the grind is going to be a lot faster. if you play 4 tables it will take you a lot of time to lock in such a number of hands, it took me just a couple of days.

there is not much to 2nl, just take them to value town and everything should be ok.

O

ongkie

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, playing at micro stakes clearly shows that you are not that serious about poker. poker is just a past time. if you really intending to pursue poker as a career, at least a low stakes table shud be played.

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion, playing at micro stakes clearly shows that you are not that serious about poker. poker is just a past time. if you really intending to pursue poker as a career, at least a low stakes table shud be played.

you are incorrect

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha well thats just not true, you have to start somewhere and being a college student doesnt exactly give me the freedom of dropping 1k on tilt and playing lol

E

eamesy4980

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well i dont exactly have 1k just laying around, but if youd like to give me it id be happy to play with. Im kind of a broke college kid and I have other things to be paying for, ie school and yes i have a job, i'd rather get a degree than be able to play higher level poker. Maybe youve never heard of bankroll management? If i had 1k sitting around, then yea id probably deposit it, but i'm trying to work my way up on blood sweat and tears. (believe me, theres plenty of all 3 at the .01.02 level)

well quit learning poker and learn your degree. swat up ur stuff for your education and get your degree. why waste time playing penny poker? what you make 30 dollars in a month? whats the point just learn your degree then when have job and money learn poker. without being funny seems a waste of time. you dont play penny poker AND learn poker and spend so much time with it. Just a waste of time and effort for the amount your gaining. You learn your education you gain a degree and a job. you learn poker your gaining a few dollars at micro limits lol pointless stick to your degree. play poker for fun live with friends at a pub etc. Do other hobbys. Put your degree first. get it!! Then job and money Then learn poker if you wnat learn.

xdeucesx

xdeucesx

Bar Master
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well i have a 4.0 going in school so im not exactly letting it get in the way, my point is i dont have alot of money so im grinding it back up and for the record i have 198$ back in my account now due to grinding....were not all loaded millionaries, and pokers fun so why would i quit? especially if i can make an extra 30/40 $ a month or so? hopefully lol

rjeezy20146

rjeezy20146

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For a 35 bankroll i would suggest sitting at .5-.10 play 2 tables makes for much better results.Could do as tripple what u would have done grinding .01-.2. But one thing is u have to be patient people shove with any marginal hand.