Folding A's pre-flop

D

damsco0

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your financial situation and what you prefer; if you want to just move up on the money ladder and are satisfied with 3rd place and dont want to risk going out you can fold it. But when ur playing for the bracelet and not for the money:--> All in

terryfnsmif

terryfnsmif

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have never folded aces pre-flop but given the chance to double my prize or more I would think twice before throwing all my chips in with any hand. I would probably end up letting the chance to double up get the best of me. Win or lose you still got some cash i guess.

X

xIRONx War

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't understand why you would fold Aces pre-flop. I understand a lot of players think that the other players at their table probably have the other aces, but you could say the exact same thing about Kings, pre-flop.

I like to think about my chances. Aces are the best pre-flop hand you can get, and you don't have to hit anything on the flop, turn, or river, if no body has your pair beat.

D

diamondace

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must give an answer to just one question. how long you will stay at 2nd place if you fear to go in with aa? yeah there is risk but if you cant play this down you cant play anything and what if the others make pressure and you end 4th place and you even didnt play aa? i would never fold aa and never in this situation.
its right chipleader gets maybe a hand and he will call you cause chipleader controls the table but if you had ever a chance to come near to the chipleader and to bring him in trouble then this is the hand to do so and you will not get that much opportunities. so here is just one option. allin. think about it. you fold aa then you end 4th and then you have to forgive yourself something. :D no its not that much funny but fold is wrong. its as simple as that. :)

CursedSoul

CursedSoul

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you shold prob push all in.
AA is the best hand you cold get preflop and specially if your low stacked you have to push ..

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pocket aces are the best starting hand in poker there is no reason to fold them, especially before seeing a harmful flop

Not always true. Like what has been mentioned earlier, while you would have a better chance at taking down the pot than anyone else there, there is likely better than a 50% chance that you will go home. Also keep in mind, if more than one person is eliminated on the same hand, whoever had more to start the hand wins, even if you had the other loser beat. If you are relatively certain that you can gain money but throwing your cards into the muck preflop, it is certainly something to be considered, even if you do have aces.

smeg

smeg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Look at it this way....5 people left in tourny, everyone goes all in....if you fold then you are guaranteed to still have a chance to win and your odds of winning have gone from 5-1 to 4-1

Folding in Poker