Do you usually show your cards?

kuselbroo2

kuselbroo2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are times when I show it, but that's just what I'm used to in the endgame. misleading

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show, what is the point other than to give away information. And why show after you fold, especially an Ace. It just shows the other players you scare easy.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

no, never!!!

what is the gain ? what is the point?

no thank you

rgds

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm of the belief that showing your cards is almost always bad for your game in the long run. Sure, you might be able to make an opponent upset by showing cards sometimes, but you have also given the whole table information on how you play. Not worth it in my opinion.

I can't remember the last time I showed my cards when I didn't need to.

B

benrasberry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing - the premise behind showing your opponents your cards to 'tilt' them rests on flawed logic. You may like to think that you are going to make that player play worse, but all you're doing is motivating them to play better specifically against you.

ponistra7

ponistra7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. I'm sticking the rule 'pay and see'.

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Rarely, to Occassionally...

Great thread topic! :)

I will show my cards sometimes... and for different reasons... Some people think 'showing is weakness', but poker is a 'mind-game', and 'showing your cards', or 'a card', can be POWERFUL if you do it properly. It can really mess with a players head and cause them to act differently:

1) It can be done to influence overall table action, and to tilt a short stack by showing a bluff.

2) For good sportsmanship heads up.

3) For fun, to see who was ahead (To put a player on a "range")

4) To get a feel for how the cards are coming out... 'showing your cards' influences other players to show theirs as well.

5) Or, it can be employed to show that you are not bluffing, and playing to a tight-strong-conservative game. You can create this 'table image' and make it last as long as you continue that pattern of play.

6) Or, you can just "not show" ever, to give away "no free information"
(but that's no fun... trust me ... you can win 1st in any tournament and show cards randomly and sparingly throughout the tournament).

7) Out of respect
sometimes i'll show one if they show one, or I'll show both if they show both, but typically, I only do this if im big stack at the table, or top 10 in the tourney chip lead.

IN CONCLUSION,

it's all about how you show them, and the level of play, the players are at, that you're playing against, because people are smart, and if youre doing this(showing cards)... you better be good at changing gears in a profitable way... because others will adapt... Thus, so must you.
I believe that it's probably more profitable for a new player to not show their cards, because it makes them look stronger.
Where as, if you've been playing for a while and know the game - but feel stagnant, then it might be in your benefit to show some cards every once in a while, just to mix it up... but do it in a tactful and tactical way.

GOOD LUCK ALL!
(Labor Under Correct Knowledge)

:):):):):):):)

Last edited by a moderator:
Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope! I think that if you want to see my cards then it's gonna cost you? But there has been a time or two that I did show my hand but it was my strategy.

flattershay

flattershay

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Almost never. Too lazy to click extra buttons.

C

CaptainXL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not usually. They learn something about me they don’t need to, maybe without me knowing it.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I never show because I cannot see the point of giving away information that could cost me later. If they want to see....then they must pay !!!!!

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only show when the opponent tanks, and I'm bluffing. I don't show unless it is that exact situation, haha.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No, of course, the less often the better it is to try not to show them at all, since there is almost nothing good in this, although it may depend on the person’s playing style

DanielSnrL

DanielSnrL

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I confess that I have to show less than I should.

O

otmputquant

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nope, in fact I have placed bets to not show my cards.

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Most of the time i don't but sometimes you need to show the bluff to control your opinion mind and have control on the game.:)

T

TomCj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you usually show the cards before putting them back in the deck? Sometimes it can be a good strategy to brand rivals ... Leave your comment here with the reasons why you do it (or not)

I typically only occasionally show my winning hand

Most often I use it as an intimidation strategy when I win with top pair or better after betting the flop and pushing other players to fold

I want them to expect me to have the winning hand, and so, hopefully, fold when I bluff

TC

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I don't usually show my cards. I think this is important information and opponents should not see which hand I am playing with.
But sometimes at the table I impress some participants and they impress me. In this case, we start our own game. If we have entered the game with such a player in two, then at the end of the hand we show each other the cards. It makes me laugh. I also sometimes fold very strong hands, fearing that the opponent has a higher combination. In this case, I can also show my cards. If the opponent hesitates and eventually discards (with a large pot), I also show my cards.
But the described situations do not occur so often. Basically, I don't show my cards.:cool:

zorro222_zorro222

zorro222_zorro222

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I usually don't show my cards, but I think there is a time and a place to do so, for example in a cash game where you are playing against the same player over and over.

791a791

791a791

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually show

sometimes I show my cards to show that I'm not bluffing

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never liked showing cards, I have always been a player if anyone wants to see cards they have to pay. But I think this year I might change my strategy, it might help me more to hook line and sinker players. Show how and when I raise, then switch it up to try to suck players in for more value bets. I have to try new things this year, differently to try to win more tournaments this year.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
No, I never show my cards, at least not online. When I play with friends, I might show a card or two onve in a while, but only if I think, that this fits to my tight image.

W

waynaldo009

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't recall ever showing my cards.