2nl to 25nl

Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting following this journey. I’ve recently returned to the tables after a long break. Currently playing at the micros and grinding up a new NL25 bankroll. Will post my graphs when I get there. Good luck. R

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting following this journey. I’ve recently returned to the tables after a long break. Currently playing at the micros and grinding up a new NL25 bankroll. Will post my graphs when I get there. Good luck. R

Thanks dude, I was doing well today at 16nl, was up $54, currently down $31, so a pretty big swing in one session. Didn't manage to use the cash out, as it was just a bunch of coolers.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Brutal day today, had a net swing of $85 dollars or so. Only lost $30 for the day, which is just under two buy ins, so that's good, but the swing was mentally hard for me. Will try again tomorrow, if I have another bad day, I'm stepping back down to rebuild the bankroll. It's currently sitting on $207.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Update. Big losing day yesterday, big winning day today. Hit quads three times within an hour.

18da86fd03e67947b9288cd4f6002573.png

M

Meur5ault

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Following this with interest. Hope someday to attempt something similar.

I'm pretty good with tilt. Read a lot on how to deal with it. Can usually play like bot.

What coping strategies do you employ, to minimise tilting after a bad beat?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Glad you're interested, good luck with your own challenge one day. To deal with tilt just work out what you are personally able to take. Work around that and take breaks where needed.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play cash just MTT's so my bankroll is currently 600 and im just trying to not go to zero. Dont play any tourney buy in bigger than 5.50. Dont have a specific goal to get my bankroll to just trying to keep going in the right direction. As I build it up I will increase the level of buy ins so that I am playing 100 buy ins no less. Hopefully It will get nice and big so I can play more expensive tourneys and get consistent wins so I can quit my job.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck with this. Just for reference on march 11 my balance on pokerstars was 320$, now its 1.520$. This was using somewhat aggressive BM in the beginning but rather conservative ever since. Currently playing 25NL. I also spend some time on tournaments and SnG, which has slowed the process down, since my hourly winrate was lower there.

This is just to say, that your target of reaching 25NL, or maybe more importantly a bankroll of 1.000$, is absolutely within reach now. My COVID-19 era winrate at 25NL is so far 15 BB / 100 all-in adjusted over 12k hands. I play full ring games, because they just somehow suit me better, and I also think, they might be a little bit softer. Its quite incredible, how much limping you still see even at 25NL.

B

BamaRaised

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoyed reading this interesting journey keep up the good work! Your goal is within reach!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Best of luck with this. Just for reference on march 11 my balance on PokerStars was 320$, now its 1.520$. This was using somewhat aggressive BM in the beginning but rather conservative ever since. Currently playing 25NL. I also spend some time on tournaments and SnG, which has slowed the process down, since my hourly winrate was lower there.

This is just to say, that your target of reaching 25NL, or maybe more importantly a bankroll of 1.000$, is absolutely within reach now. My COVID-19 era winrate at 25NL is so far 15 BB / 100 all-in adjusted over 12k hands. I play full ring games, because they just somehow suit me better, and I also think, they might be a little bit softer. Its quite incredible, how much limping you still see even at 25NL.

Thank you, I actually sat down at a table with you in it two days ago, I apparently only have 20 hands of data on you. I think you were at an 16nl table. It's a good sign that I'm starting to get some hands on you, it means I'm playing the right stakes :)

I do think you're right, and perhaps one day the topic of this thread will have to be edited, and change the 25nl to something higher.

I will say that I've observed play at 25nl 50nl 100nl and even 200nl and there are so many limpers and odd stack sizes at all of these stakes right now. The sky appears to be the limit in this climate.

One thing I'm doing is using cash out, because I'm not rolled and unfortunately, every time I've used the cash out, I've ended up winning the pot and thus "shouldn't" have used it, but I think I can put that down to being results orientated. However I would be about $60-70 higher if i hadn't used it.

Nevertheless, I'm really not rolled for 16nl, so I can't afford to be taking the variance. I think a slower and steadier climb is more conducive to reaching my goals overall. Do you agree? I know I'm losing value but I'm also climbing at a steady rate, rather than have huge swings my bankroll can't take. I think once I'm rolled for the stakes I'm playing, I'll stop using cash out.

I enjoyed reading this interesting journey keep up the good work! Your goal is within reach!

Thank you for following, I feel I'll make it this time.

I dont play cash just MTT's so my bankroll is currently 600 and im just trying to not go to zero. Dont play any tourney buy in bigger than 5.50. Dont have a specific goal to get my bankroll to just trying to keep going in the right direction. As I build it up I will increase the level of buy ins so that I am playing 100 buy ins no less. Hopefully It will get nice and big so I can play more expensive tourneys and get consistent wins so I can quit my job.

Good luck with this :)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just did quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever done in poker. Been playing over 10 years and just totally missread the board.

I knew we both had a king on the flop, so when the third queen came on the turn, I thought we both had a full house (we did) when the 4th queen came on the river, I thought " ok we have the same hand, QUADS with a king, lets shove all in for a laugh and try and get him to fold the same hand so I can take the pot"

Turns out he had ACE king.

1c2091da80aac4be119aa5d9f7effe3c.jpg

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bro, it happens to every player, sometimes you Will have good moments and others bad ones, but the important is that you maximize your winnings When you are in a good phase and minimize your losses in a bad.
Keep doping the good job.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you, I actually sat down at a table with you in it two days ago, I apparently only have 20 hands of data on you. I think you were at an 16nl table.
Yeah I took a few 16NL sessions recently, but mostly its 25NL now. Sometimes also a short 16NL Zoom session just to see, how these games play now and complete the daily "win 12 hands with AX" challenge. Its a little easier to win on BTN at 6-max :)

One thing I'm doing is using cash out, because I'm not rolled and unfortunately, every time I've used the cash out, I've ended up winning the pot and thus "shouldn't" have used it, but I think I can put that down to being results orientated. However I would be about $60-70 higher if i hadn't used it.

But it might as well have been the other way around, which would have been a disaster for your bankroll. Some people do after all call this "insurance", and just because we have fire insurance does not mean, we are sorry, our house did not burn down ;)

But I understand your feeling. I am also using this feature regularly, even though I dont really need to, and its been very up and down. My C won including payouts have been anywhere from 100$ above to 100$ below the raw C won. And yes I do find myself hoping to lose pots, when I have cashed out, which is of course very irrational.

I dont use it in small pots and also not, if I am 90+% to win or split the pot. There was a pretty gross situation yesterday with a 3-way all-in preflop, where we all had AK. I did not cash out, and someone made a flush.

Nevertheless, I'm really not rolled for 16nl, so I can't afford to be taking the variance. I think a slower and steadier climb is more conducive to reaching my goals overall.

Absolutely and with 200-250$ I would honestly be playing 10NL with only the rarest shot at a good 16NL table. If you are unable to redeposit, it would be a disaster to be forced to stop playing right now or even move down to 2NL. These soft games wont last forever. Its only 10 BI`s to win at 10NL, and then you are at least somewhat rolled for 16NL.

For what its worth, I have played a few houndred hands at 50NL this week, and it does seem like, the average quality of play is a little less bad than at 25NL or 16NL. But it should definitely still be beatable even without spending endless hours on solver work or paying for expensive training sites. I expect my winrate to be lower though, so I really prefer to have at least 40BI for 50NL.

Last edited:
TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you for the feedback Fundiver, it made for a nice interesting read. You're certainly correct. I don't have time for a long reply, and perhaps, you don't want one either.

I will say that I have actually moved back down to 10nl, after making about $50 profit at 16nl, simply because the time of day I'm playing atm, there aren't many fish at 16nl. Just regs. The 10nl tables are fish invested at any time of the day, with possibly 5-6 whales at some tables.

My bankroll is currently $311 dollars. I'm making about $40 a day right now, so hopefully shouldn't take too long to get the $500 I want for 25nl. (Still using cash out)

Lets see what happens. I'd like to reach 50nl ideally. I table select rigorously. I leave even if the blinds have just been round, I find it's better just to get up and leave as soon as the fish go. No point playing regs in this current climate.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Overall graph starting from last year, including when I cashed out my roll.

6720a6de6919ecdca03707a5643811dc.png

Graph from this month/year (almost all from this month)
e2a5b018112aa87606f00fe01bd31864.png

jovan123

jovan123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From what your saying it seems maybe even 2nl is possibly even to high for you at this moment..and according to yourself its affecting you and that in turn will affect your decision making and you will end up stuck and its tough to dig yourself out then maybe if you continue to struggle drop down a level and try to refocus there and move up when your bankroll can support down swings alot easier which can give you more breathing room

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From what your saying it seems maybe even 2nl is possibly even to high for you at this moment..and according to yourself its affecting you and that in turn will affect your decision making and you will end up stuck and its tough to dig yourself out then maybe if you continue to struggle drop down a level and try to refocus there and move up when your bankroll can support down swings alot easier which can give you more breathing room

I'm not sure I follow your logic :eek:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will say that I have actually moved back down to 10nl, after making about $50 profit at 16nl, simply because the time of day I'm playing atm, there aren't many fish at 16nl. Just regs. The 10nl tables are fish invested at any time of the day, with possibly 5-6 whales at some tables.

Time of day is very important. Something like 8pm CET to 8 am CET is the best time to play cash games on Stars. One might think, its different in the weekends, but actually not.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
06b2a128dfadc8215270d39950f93803
Totally agree Fundiver.

Highlight of my day. Having a boring long breakeven stretch, and then doing this. For those that can't see it, I shouted LEEEEROYYYY JENKINS in the chat before shoving all in with my fullhouse. I was worried about the AK but went for it anyway.

https://gyazo.com/06b2a128dfadc8215270d39950f93803

06b2a128dfadc8215270d39950f93803