2nl to 25nl

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great job!

Looking forward to a new run like the previous one! :)

Is Pokertracker fully allowed on PS.com?

Thank you!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great job!

Looking forward to a new run like the previous one! :)

Is Pokertracker fully allowed on PS.com?

Thank you!

Thanks mate! I'm thinking it will be quite a bit larger of a run this time. Especially if the virus persists.

Yes, PokerTracker is fully allowed on pokerstars.

gupiel0k69

gupiel0k69

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
I really like your approach. GL on your road! Which tables do you prefer and why on NL2? Fullrings regular or 6-max zoom?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like your approach. GL on your road! Which tables do you prefer and why on NL2? Fullrings regular or 6-max zoom?

Thank you! Well, before pokerstars limited the number of cash game tables to "four" I used to grind which ever I saw had the most fish at. So a mixture of 6max/FR depending on where the fish were.

Now I don't play any regular cash game tables and opt for a higher number of hands per hour on Zoom, and a much smaller winrate. I play four tables of 6max and four tables of FR.

I get about 1800h/hr and a winrate of about 7bb/100 at 2nl. Much less than the WR I had at regular cash tables which was like 12bb/100

L

ledris

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you mean pokerstars limited the number of tables? You cant play in 6 zoom tablea for example?!?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you mean pokerstars limited the number of tables? You cant play in 6 zoom tablea for example?!?

You can't play more than four cash game tables that are not zoom.

You can play as many zoom as you like. But you can't play 8 tables of zoom AND regular cash. You can play like 3/3/4 for a total of 10 I've found.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Latest update. I have never in all my life seen a downswing like this one at 2nl.

I'm running 20 buyins under EV. For 2nl, that is actually incredible. I'm breakeven over 50k hands!!

Won't bore you with some of the big hands, but needless to say I lost some 200bb pots with the equity advantage. O and everything else possible under the sun.

f8eb158b3b838e60bd1f5598dfef8cf5.png

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Running below the all-in adjusted EV is not a downswing. It is just running bad in all-in before the river pots. Which you could have avoided by using the all-in cash-out feature.

Besides why are you still playing 2NL, and why are you playing Zoom? Since the outbreak of Corona I am seeing around 20BB/100 winrate at 16-25 NL full ring cash tables over 18k hands. Just saying.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Running below the all-in adjusted EV is not a downswing. It is just running bad in all-in before the river pots. Which you could have avoided by using the all-in cash-out feature.

Besides why are you still playing 2NL, and why are you playing Zoom? Since the outbreak of Corona I am seeing around 20BB/100 winrate at 16-25 NL full ring cash tables over 18k hands. Just saying.

Cash out feature costs money and in the long term it all ads up. I won't cave and start paying PS anymore than I absolutely have to just because of some godawful variance. And tbh, breakveven over this many hands at 2nl is a downswing to me hahaha. It's such an easy stake that breaking even is bad.

As for moving up stakes, that's interesting. I didn't realise it was like that. I don't have the roll for that at the moment. I will grind out 2nl to get the bankroll needed for those stakes. Thanks for the info.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As for moving up stakes, that's interesting. I didn't realise it was like that. I don't have the roll for that at the moment. I will grind out 2nl to get the Bankroll needed for those stakes. Thanks for the info.

Fair enough but maybe you are at least rolled for 5NL? When winrates are high, you dont need as much buffer. If you ask me, 100$ or 20BI is currently completely fine for 5NL, as long as you stay on the regular tables. For 5NL Zoom I recommend more. There is nothing to wrong about mixing it up either. So for instance 4 tables of 5NL regular and then a few 2NL Zoom tables to get your volume.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for the advice, I'll swing by the cash tables later today or tomorrow and have a look. My roll is currently $106, as I deposited only $26 the other day to grind up a roll. Spent the last profit on rent or w/e from the last run it up series.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also recommend playing regular tables instead of zoom. On regular tables, the win rate is much higher than in zoom, especially at the present time, when there are too many weak players who want to give their money to us :)
With a good selection, you can show winrate of 20-25 bb/100 without bothering, especially at nl2-nl5 limits

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would also recommend playing regular tables instead of zoom. On regular tables, the win rate is much higher than in zoom, especially at the present time, when there are too many weak players who want to give their money to us :)
With a good selection, you can show winrate of 20-25 bb/100 without bothering, especially at nl2-nl5 limits

Played four tables for regular 5nl last night, managed to get a few buy ins. You guys are not wrong, the tables are unbelievably bad. 5-6 limpers, people stacking off with Top pair reasonable kickers etc.

Even 100nl looks weak. I observed a few random tables and the players were short stacking with odd amounts and 3-4 limpers.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Currently a very good field at microlimits. You need a good fish selection and you can show excellent winrate.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been playing regular as suggested. Much higher win rates. Up to 10nl. Hoping to hit 25nl when I have 20 buy ins. I'm using the cashout feature to lessen the effects of variance. Im a few buy ins lower than I should be because of the feature but that's ok. I don't use it for set v flush etc. I only use it for 82%+ run outs.

Graph from this year.

cdc93a4b20bf297837005d85235a97d6.png

083f8cd7b125ca84acfb2f83e47084ef.png

Last edited:
Ragequit

Ragequit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice trend. Will be following along. I tend to use a deeper bankroll strategy for cash (40-50 buyins) but if 20 is working then awesome. I’ve just started experimenting with the Cash Out feature myself. It’s very good for anti-tilt and downswing control

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats and happy the advice worked for you. By the way dont skip 16NL on Stars. At least at full ring games at this limit have always been great, and my pre corona winrate at 16NL is way higher than 5NL and 10NL. In fact its almost as high as my winrate at 2NL. I dont know, why it is like this, but possible explanations include:

1) Regulars tend to overlook 16NL and go to either 10NL or 25NL. Pre corona this might have been because, it was difficult to always get volume at 16NL, especially when 24 tabels were allowed, since at 16NL there were rarely more than 6 running.

2) If you have the filter set for "micro stakes" in the lobby, 16NL is the highest limit, you see. This might then attract recreational players, who have lost most of their deposit and is looking for a quick fix. These are the people, you see buying in for 12,83$ or some other odd amount, because it is their remaining balance in the poker account.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice trend. Will be following along. I tend to use a deeper bankroll strategy for cash (40-50 buyins) but if 20 is working then awesome. I’ve just started experimenting with the Cash Out feature myself. It’s very good for anti-tilt and downswing control

When I was playing zoom I actually was using a 100 buy in strategy, and it worked for me last year. However, I only ever reached 5nl and never had time to grind out the necessary volume to reach 10nl.

This poker boom is different, I feel I get get away with 10-15 buy ins because I'm table selecting RIGOROUSLY. I need 2+ whales at my table for me to even sit down. It's so unbelievably profitable you don't even need to get into levelling wars with regs. Hell, you can even overfold to 3bets and still make serious profit.

Just ignore regs, target fish and well, using cash out, you can't really go too far wrong.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Congrats and happy the advice worked for you. By the way dont skip 16NL on Stars. At least at full ring games at this limit have always been great, and my pre corona winrate at 16NL is way higher than 5NL and 10NL. In fact its almost as high as my winrate at 2NL. I dont know, why it is like this, but possible explanations include:

1) Regulars tend to overlook 16NL and go to either 10NL or 25NL. Pre corona this might have been because, it was difficult to always get volume at 16NL, especially when 24 tabels were allowed, since at 16NL there were rarely more than 6 running.

2) If you have the filter set for "micro stakes" in the lobby, 16NL is the highest limit, you see. This might then attract recreational players, who have lost most of their deposit and is looking for a quick fix. These are the people, you see buying in for 12,83$ or some other odd amount, because it is their remaining balance in the poker account.

I think you might be right, thank you, I you might well be right. I will definitely move up to 16nl, I completely forgot about it lol. As soon as I hit 200 dollars I'll move to 16nl and then when I have maybe $300, move up to 25nl.

My main issue here is maximising value before the poker boom is over. I also have a university dissertation to write in the next month so I can only play poker in the evening for a few hours.

Sounds like a challenge, see how much I can make and how quickly during the boom.

NauGad

NauGad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

All the poker strategy talk is crazy. Everything always depends on specific circumstances. You can grow your stack in one hand with some crazy solution. Then play tight until the final table.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not sure I agree with that assessment :p Strategy is important imo.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As soon as I hit 200 dollars I'll move to 16nl and then when I have maybe $300, move up to 25nl.

That is very aggressive but could work in these times, especially if you are ready to pop another 100$ into the account, if things go sour :)

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, hopefully, with great table selection, and cash out, I shouldn't need to. However I am perfectly willing to step down stakes. I think I'd rather step down than risk re-depositing. I don't "do" multiple deposits. I never have. I just grind up with what I start with.

How is your 25nl going? I saw so many fish at random 100nl tables on Sunday. That too, could be profitable.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Graph update. Thinking I'll move up to 16nl today. If it goes well I'll stick there, or move up to 25nl. If not, back down to 10nl.
85e1c2e416e05daf7c6f0fc44e197487.png