2nl to 25nl

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 50Nl to 200 NL used to be a 1/2 penny player. Just ran my $50 deposit up to $700 over past two weeks....best advice is that it takes years and millions of hands. You’ll get there.

That's nice to hear, thanks for encouragement. I've watched so many videos on youtube of the low to mid stake games and the thought process etc and honestly, the games really don't play all that differently from what I can see; it's simply a matter of mental conditioning and bankroll.

I'll keep at it! Congrats on the nice quick boost to your roll.

V

vax1op369

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's nice to hear, thanks for encouragement. I've watched so many videos on youtube of the low to mid stake games and the thought process etc and honestly, the games really don't play all that differently from what I can see; it's simply a matter of mental conditioning and bankroll.

I'll keep at it! Congrats on the nice quick boost to your roll.

Thanks actually had a 5 bet at 50 NL earlier was pretty nuts to be 5 betting haha, being able to fold AA KK is what saves the roll.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
O yeah! I've played 140k hands and I can only remember 5betting and getting a fold once the whole time. I was actually 5bet semi-bluffing with AK against a LAG who was on the button and I was in the BB. He probably had some A5s garbage that he was 4betting light.

When you say folding AA/KK I presume you're talking about post-flop?

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely crazy session today. It was a bloody circus :D. Everything I thought I knew about cold calling ranges out of the window.

People literally flatting 12x raises (60cents) from the SB with 45s twice in a row against my Queens or Aces or w/e and then bluffing flop with total air and getting runner runner to win with a straight or a flush.

Anyway, I'm not complaining, these players are terrible and = muchos profit for us. I had some really wild swings today, it's absolutely crazy the stacking off range at 5nl zoom. Was down and up loads, played two sessions and these are the results.

a9a708451cbfeb1b4fa03a6ffcc376d4.png

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Had a nice occurrence happen today. Think I won a couple of dollars with these three pairs of Aces.
Aces.jpg

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Worst session EV wise I've ever had in poker :D

6c013f3d1589c7d529380722b87b544a.png

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice winning session today. Won a HUGE 250bb pot right at the end of the night.

cfb317d8528b7adf60738dfdf9de2317.png

The video below is at 5nl. You wouldn't believe it, looking at stack sizes. That's the fun of zoom. You can win some huge pots well above the stakes you are playing. Can also lose some huge ones too.

M

martinf1971

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice winning session today. Won a HUGE 250bb pot right at the end of the night.

cfb317d8528b7adf60738dfdf9de2317.png

The video below is at 5nl. You wouldn't believe it, looking at stack sizes. That's the fun of zoom. You can win some huge pots well above the stakes you are playing. Can also lose some huge ones too.
Proper bad beat for your opponent even if he went all in on turn your calling

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I see how other guys are working on the game, it seems to me that you are from another planet. My discipline upsets me. I want to quickly take off in the skill of the game, but this is not given with a run. Only patience and work. Good luck It’s really cool when there is a result and progress!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Proper bad beat for your opponent even if he went all in on turn your calling

I honestly could have laid that hand down if I were him. I flat called flop. Flat called turn, and then shoved river. It screams AK to me imo. I would say I'm not calling turn if he shoves for 250bb. I'm not stacking off that deep with what is essentially a bluff catcher.

When I see how other guys are working on the game, it seems to me that you are from another planet. My discipline upsets me. I want to quickly take off in the skill of the game, but this is not given with a run. Only patience and work. Good luck It’s really cool when there is a result and progress!

Thanks mate! I've had a few bad days, so yesterday was a welcome relief! I've always said that everyone that knows the game is a great player. It's their ability to stay positive and play their A game as much as possible that defines them. It's tricky!

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Today's session. Was up $5 at the start, then $40 down at one point, head in my hands. Then I finished only down $10.

Sick sick stuff.

8a4f45dc9552ec1e35123140bc4c5bea.png

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Finally had some good fortune! The variance has turned around in my favour. Up $60 in the last two days.

$50 won today, and $10 won yesterday. (5nl) Will move up to 10nl when I reach $1000 haha.

Broke the $400 mark today as well, that's a nice benchmark to reach.

55fb289f7732ffaa6a1408a69ededf04.png

b5e92b2bb5c4969347b2744baaab5a80.png

e9162e9693685a46669fca2cf3f9c1cc.png

Last edited:
M

matiusaa

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have trouble at 5NL, maybe you can try watching videos from coaches, or start studying your game off the tables. That helps a lot.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After 1 month of playing I have the same bankroll I did on August 28th. ****ing down $100 in two days. It's sickening. What waste of a month.

thaysen13

thaysen13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How is this bankroll going? :)

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play a million hands and then analyze your data.

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent indicator. Good luck in your endeavors. How long has this been played and how many hands?

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What bankroll management do you run?

madhatter

madhatter

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Shame this post is dead, I am precisely in the same road now, trying to beat the micros. Would be nice to hear how are you doing.

I don't have a laptop or PC, I work traveling here and there and opted for a tablet instead. I have a Huawei mediapad M5 where I run the 888 poker or Netbet poker Apps. It has some disadvantages but it is what I have at the moment. I see that most people who take online poker seriously have this poker manager softwares with stats on other players, as well as charts and so on that look really helpful. Does anyone know about some good stuff like that for Android tablets? Any recommendations?

Thanks to you all.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, thank you for the interest in my thread.

An update on this, I had to stop playing because I was too busy with university and I really needed the money in my bankroll. I cashed out $600, starting with $12 and my account is currently empty. I managed to reach 10nl but I preferred to grind 2nl in the last month of the challenge because I preferred making a steady $20 a day, rather than all the swings at the "higher" stakes.

I use PokerTracker 4 and that's it, no trainers. Afaik, there is no software for tablets, they are truly the casual element to poker. Also, tracking software at micro stakes is really only useful if you multi table, you don't need it if you solo table on a tablet, if you can't beat a solo table at 2nl, your game will likely need work. It's very easy to crush 2nl without a HUD at all, but it helps if you play multiple tables.

TheGenera1

TheGenera1

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deposited £20 ($26) and started the grind again as I have some time, with the virus and all. Results so far lol. Pretty funny. Needless to say it wasn't a fun couple of sessions but I played through the shit.
5d01f374e5bd10100c1d36d9a433aa4b.png