***2012 PLO Thread***

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
baudib, you play 10PLO? I thought you played higher than that.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hadn't played online since BF. I just deposited $200 on Lock. Up to $328 since Sunday night.

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just finished a nice 1 1/2 hr session of $20PLO (which is long for me.) I have some hands to post for analysis, but I am currently deep in a $1r so I will post later/tomorrow.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone post the rake numbers for micro/ss plo? does it vary hugely across sites? is it still like 50 PTBBs? was obama really born in kenya?

dmorris68

dmorris68

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yay i had a -20 BI day yesterday.

Wow. I was crushed by a 30-35 BI downswong a couple years ago, but that was over like a month. Think I'd give up teh pokerz if I swung -20 in one day.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well the first two days were +13 and -20. so pretty swingy.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
can someone post the rake numbers for micro/ss plo? does it vary hugely across sites? is it still like 50 PTBBs? was obama really born in kenya?

Obama was born in the USA. Romney parties on a yacht that flies the Cayman Islands flag. Ryan is infatuated with Rand, an atheist pro-abortion writer (unfortunately, not because of those qualities).

Rake depends a lot on how loose you play. At 25PLO 6max I paid about 15bb/100, but I was a bit nitty. I then moved to 25PLO 6max zoom, and I'm now playing a more normal style I think, and that means 18bb/100 in rake.

Then I've played about 1k hands at 50PLO zoom and paid around 12bb/100, but I don't think that's converged yet.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
truth. I'm pro variance, which is why I play PLO.

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yay i had a -20 BI day yesterday.

-20 buy in day? pfft come back when you've lost 20 buy ins in one hand

Then I've played about 1k hands at 50PLO zoom and paid around 12bb/100, but I don't think that's converged yet.

aight so just crush 50PLO, then zoom around ur room (idk what zoom means or why everyone on CC keeps saying it), then move up to 1/2 & 2/4 and rape all the fishes (there are a lot) and pay less rake and prolly make supernova on ur phone and buy a mitt romney cayman island blowup doll. ur welcome for the advice

Samango

Samango

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Been enjoying looking in on this,
Thanks guys
Subscribing :)

jordanbillie

jordanbillie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't beat 10PLO, down 8BIs in the last 2 days. I'm better at 20PLO.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st month of playing PLO. About half regular 25PLO tables and half 25PLO zoom. A few thousand hands HUDless on my iphone. About 1k hands of 50PLO at the end.

Attachments

• Results.jpg
    Results.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 84
dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So good to have V advising us.......;)

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm right decision?

Yo all, been away for awhile 'cause I make WAY more working than playing so decided to just crash my accounts. Well I've developed some bad habits like patience, paying attention, taking advantage of opportunities, etc. and I am ahead, sigh. I just can't play stupid anymore. That doesn't mean I won't take a risk. Sooo... hand a few days ago.n Don't remember the specifics but I don't think it matters with this one.

PLO Hi/LO

Hero AAxx

Bet pot and had one caller

flop AK9 rainbow

Bet pot (I was OP) and he raise so I all in.

So my thinking at this point he has QJT, K or 9 at best so he has about 1in 3 and I still am best with 1/4 to improve.

Was I right to go all in? I think yes but maybe u have diff opinion. Oh and the stacks weren't very different overall so no big vs small.

cardriverx

cardriverx

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yo all, been away for awhile 'cause I make WAY more working than playing so decided to just crash my accounts. Well I've developed some bad habits like patience, paying attention, taking advantage of opportunities, etc. and I am ahead, sigh. I just can't play stupid anymore. That doesn't mean I won't take a risk. Sooo... hand a few days ago.n Don't remember the specifics but I don't think it matters with this one.

PLO Hi/LO

Hero AAxx

Bet pot and had one caller

flop AK9 rainbow

Bet pot (I was OP) and he raise so I all in.

So my thinking at this point he has QJT, K or 9 at best so he has about 1in 3 and I still am best with 1/4 to improve.

Was I right to go all in? I think yes but maybe u have diff opinion. Oh and the stacks weren't very different overall so no big vs small.

You do realize you have the nuts?

P

PotluckXXI

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, ATM but it is Omaha so... It is good but with so many variables I'm wondering if it's not the best play (I thought it is, but I have been known to be wrong),

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sure, ATM but it is Omaha so... It is good but with so many variables I'm wondering if it's not the best play (I thought it is, but I have been known to be wrong),
If "ATM" you have the nuts and are forced to go all in, you can't just fold purely based on villians have outs..as this will nearly always be the case anyway when you flop a set, villian either has a set themselves/two pairs or open enders, so you know you're ahead regardless, you also have to remember villian will likely make this play with worse sets + 2 pairs and even when they do have a draw you still have 7 outs too don't forget even if they do spike but yeaha get those chips in, you will always fine equity percentages are so small anyway you cant ever consider folding, if you do consider folding the nuts then meh,..it would be best not playing varience filled/small equity games as being ahead even if by a small 1%, if you are not happy getting all your stack then it's not going to be good long term.

Last edited:
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was doing quite well and moved up to 50PLO, then this weekend I dropped about 15 buy-ins. Probably some tilt induced at the end. I think I'm back to 25PLO now. :)

vanquish

vanquish

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol 15 buy ins

i forgot how nitty CC is