Did I play this hand right?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It does if he has KK or AA. QQ and below he would have folded I believe.

i doubt it given the SPR, checking seems so much better than shoving, post above had a word missing in it just noticed

G

Grinder888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe I have played the hand well to be honest. Of course, I want to learn and am open to corrections.

Player 2:
Sample: 436 VPIP/PFR: 27/16 3BET: 5.0 Premium 3bet (AK,QQ+): 25 4BET: 22 AF: 2.7

http://www.pokerhandreplays.com/view.php/id/7474984

Well tbh 10NL and 6 max is way above my pay grade but still I don't put much weight in AQ after being 4betted. Especially since we would be playing the hand OOP and also because Villain opened strong UTG and reinstated that strength by 4betting.

Stacking off light without a lock on the hand, imho, is a losing move because only hands that beat us can make the call and we give them everything they want and we also chases away weak hands which may have paid us off. Best scenario we win pot, worst we get stacked. Also once someone notes a player stacking off light or frequently he can make use of it to get them good. My moto: always play, make moves but keep in mind when shit gets serious and also never to stack off lightly to opponents. If I am doing that I need to see my mental game; am I tilting, am I trying to correct a losing session etc etc. And if I am not in my A game I would step away from the tables, bc otherwise I will be in for a ride of variance (regardless of whether I end up +/-)

Just my play but after 4 bet I would definitely consider folding pre bc V with AK is one of the huge favorites and I am heavily dominated if I hit that Ace. Aggression is a great tool but its always seems like walking on egg shells.

Also I would be much interested in what your stats are for session or overall.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well tbh 10NL and 6 max is way above my pay grade but still I don't put much weight in AQ after being 4betted. Especially since we would be playing the hand OOP and also because Villain opened strong UTG and reinstated that strength by 4betting.

Stacking off light without a lock on the hand, imho, is a losing move because only hands that beat us can make the call and we give them everything they want and we also chases away weak hands which may have paid us off. Best scenario we win pot, worst we get stacked. Also once someone notes a player stacking off light or frequently he can make use of it to get them good. My moto: always play, make moves but keep in mind when shit gets serious and also never to stack off lightly to opponents. If I am doing that I need to see my mental game; am I tilting, am I trying to correct a losing session etc etc. And if I am not in my A game I would step away from the tables, bc otherwise I will be in for a ride of variance (regardless of whether I end up +/-)

Just my play but after 4 bet I would definitely consider folding pre bc V with AK is one of the huge favorites and I am heavily dominated if I hit that Ace. Aggression is a great tool but its always seems like walking on egg shells.

Also I would be much interested in what your stats are for session or overall.

Fair enough, very reasonable reply.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Believe it or not but I could not find any basic App on the net that would calculate EV on the fly! So I decided to do it myself. Mind you I have no experience in programming whatsoever. But after all evening trying to figure it out I came up with this. Obviously the parameters in this are primitive by any standards, and might not be 100% functioning, but you can give it a go. I think it'll do the job just fine. Enjoy! :)

P.S. had to zip it due to forum regulations on exe files.

Attachments

• EV_Calculator.zip
    36 KB · Views: 2
D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
P.S. Don't add the "%" in the equity field. Just realised it might be unintentionally suggested in the app.

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one's tried it? I'd appreciate it, so to see if the calculation is correct. Worked for me every time.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
looks fine, preflop is pretty loose but fine

TimovieMan

TimovieMan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold preflop. Postflop is fine, though.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
with the arrival of a good preflop need to put 3 to 5 big blinds, with the arrival of the flop analiziryvat their chances and making trial vyigrasha bet or raise, and if something bad throw these cards

D

Daithi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd fold preflop. Postflop is fine, though.

Yeah. I must admit that I did not see the limper. Sometimes when playing with HUD once a day a slip up like that happens, depends on focus. I actually thought I was stealing the blinds. You are absolutely right, he wasn't even deep enough to justify the raise. But postflop I think I handled it pretty well. I knew I would not have the odds on the Turn, that's why I pushed him all-in to secure the 50% equity for myself.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands