Do you recommend playing more than one game of poker at a time?

C

Chaskyweed05

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I find myself playing two games in different tournaments and I don't think I can pay enough attention to each table. Tell me what works for you in these situations !! Good Community Smokes!

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
Usually, I play two or three tables at a time. But in the first years I played only one table. Now, with experience, I have enough concentration for two or three tables. If you lose concentration while playing more than one table, then it is better for you to play only one table.
Good luck.

vokrugdookola

vokrugdookola

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I find myself playing two games in different tournaments and I don't think I can pay enough attention to each table. Tell me what works for you in these situations !! Good Community Smokes!
despite what you play money games or MTSNG, I recommend no more than two tables for playing for money, and tournaments have 6+ tables. Play as much as you feel comfortable.

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you can play more than one table at the same time if you use HUD correctly. You can play GTO and just note the opponents that play too fishy or too aggressive. Sometimes, you can review your hands and notice some lines remarkable. I use HUD software now and I can play three or four tables without having to pay too much attention to what happens on tables.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It all depends on how you can cope when you play more than one tournament at a time. If you have a problem with this, it would be best to play just one tournament and gradually add one more.

Nathan Williams

Nathan Williams

Poker Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if you are about to play just as well and concentrate on more than one table at a time, then I highly recommend it. Because this will allow you to multiply and scale up your winnings. Most online poker pros play a lot of tables at once in order to maximize their hourly.

F

Fernet

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 cash tables

Hi how are you? It depends on each one, there are people who can play many tables and be attentive to all, it is a matter of practice and dedicate time. I play 4 cash tables at once, cheers!

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With my first deposit i played 4 tables on nl2, that was a mistake. Now i play only one so that i can keep up with the table.

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did not understand the question very well, but if it is two types of poker I do not think anything is too much, if you are already used to playing 2 put a bullet hehehe ... Now if you are talking about playing several screens then I tell you the following: if two is disturbing, play only one and increase to two, when two gets boring increase to 3, and so it goes, or if you play 2 screens increase to 6 at once and play for a week, you will be crazy, you will be sit out, you will run out of timebank, but when you play two or three again it will be easy hehehe

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if you are about to play just as well and concentrate on more than one table at a time, then I highly recommend it. Because this will allow you to multiply and scale up your winnings. Most online poker pros play a lot of tables at once in order to maximize their hourly.
hi hi nathan!!!! :ciao:
love your videos, articles, books & messages/tips
is all awesome
you wonderful help, special for me - no experience, weak player
your advice & tips terrific for players like me
in micro lilliputian stakes & free events

i hope all is well with you .. still in thailand?

thanks again when i get some monies i join your upswing training program again
i have your marvellous book - crushing microstakes
highly recommended

thank you for all you do for us
wish was more for mtt rather than cash

all the best nathan, when you back in vancouver, i buy you lunch? (i in kelowna)
hugs

blond.jpg

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It must depend on the level of the player...
For me one table is already hard. Hahaha!

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing two games simultaneously is definitely doable on laptop/pc and even on smartphone and i have done it but generally do not like it. I prefer to have one table so that i can focus my attention entirely on it and better track the game.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm multitabler pemet to decrease the effect of the variance on your results. it is advisable to start with 2 tables and to complete a 3rd table when you feel that the game is good on two tables.

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Use to play 3 to 4 tables at a time. Any more it is just one game and few times a week.

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
Usually, I play two or three tables at a time. But in the first years I played only one table. Now, with experience, I have enough concentration for two or three tables. If you lose concentration while playing more than one table, then it is better for you to play only one table.
Good luck.

I agree. If you get lost playing two tables is because you don't have enough e perience to play more than one table. Star slow, with just one then with time you will gaining more experience and patience, then trie one day to play 2 tables, if you lose back to one.

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I have been playing poker for over 10 years, and sometimes I can even play 7-8 tables. But for a start, one table is enough for you to analyze your own game, stay focused and feel comfortable.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not like to play many games at the same time. but 2 games are quite normal. sometimes the game lasts a long time and the second game does not interfere at all

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've been playing 3 tables but I find I can't pay enough attention to all the players like when I play one table.

When I Play at one table I'm able to spot the multi table players and "tells" from other players as well. Maybe i'll improve the more I play.

:dancing2::dancing2:

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to build up to be able to play more than one table at a time. It's definitely a skill to be able to multi table poker.

pedrovitorcosta

pedrovitorcosta

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play 2-4, but I usually enjoy playing only 1 or 2 ... I'm more of a recreational player. Some professionals we see out there play up to 20 tables at the same time. Play as long as you feel comfortable.

niphon56

niphon56

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play two or three tables at a time,too.

Some hands fold preflop, then u can play well at other table. :rolleyes:

SightUnseen

SightUnseen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Play what you're comfortable with. Start out slowly adding tables until you notice it's affecting your game. If you're looking to get in volume more tables are a must. If you're looking to play and learn while being observant on how others play the less tables you play the more knowledge and info you may gain if not using a hud. Do what makes you comfortable.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Two isn't bad, but if I mess up and enter a zoom and a normal one at the same time, that is too hard to concentrate on.

N

Nairne

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on your goals. If you’re just playing as a hobby, play however many tables keeps the game fun. If you’re playing professionally, eventually you’re going to want to start multitabling. If you’re very comfortable with one table, move to two. Like everything, it’ll start off awkward, but you’ll master it with practice.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me 3-4 is perfect amount of tournaments, and I play same games every time. When I play holdem, I play only holdem, if I play omaha it’s only omaha, don’t mix different kind of games. If it’s cash it’s only cash, don’t play tournaments and cash in same time. For me it’s easier to concentrate on the games.

Top 10 Games