Do you recommend playing more than one game of poker at a time?

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Over the years, I have taught myself how to play more than one table. I adjust the windows to fit my screen, so I can see all at the same time. I play up to six cash games at a time. Also, in ACR, you can tile your tables. When playing different sites, I have to adjust. If somebody knows of any software that auto tiles their screen, please let me know.

Dan'O

Last edited:
TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play 4 tables which is where the "limit" of my attention resides, if that doesn't interfere with your game, as a tournament lasts a long time I think it's worth playing more than one at the same time.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you intend making a living from on-line Poker I think it is a must to play multiple tables, but it does require a lot of concentration and be aware that miss-clicks are a common event, if you do not set up the table layout properly.
I used to multi-table years ago, but found it took the enjoyment out of playing, I like to study the other players at a table and try to identify when a player is raising with a decent hand or just trying to steal blinds, it is hard to do when changing from game to game as you cannot keep track of all the action on each game.
I play Poker now just for the enjoyment of the game and even when I get sucked out on, I do not let it get to me because I know that sometimes Fish do suck out, It's the nature of the game, If you are holding the best hand before the flop, it does not mean you will be holding the best hand on the River, You just have to go with your gut and take the consequence of the suck out. It happens, That's Poker!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

C

canabero

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
normally i play 2 tables, more is stressful even more considering that i like to do other things while i play poker.

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't ever let anyone tell you that size doesn't matter.

Size DEFINITELY matters.

No, silly, I'm not talking about THAT. Get your mind out of the gutter!! LOL

multi_tabling.jpg

^^^^ No, its not my setup. It's just a random screen grab from another poker forum, and its a post from 2011 so this is how the baller players did it a decade ago. If they could do it then, people can certainly do it even better now. Monitor prices have dropped, and video card capabilities have improved light years... so get a top-notch dual or triple-video card and just run about 5 or 6 big screen computer monitors, you can "easily" (LOL) multitable 20 or 24 tables at a time. :)

Me? I NEVER multitable, I can't stand the feeling, I always feel scatterbrained. But apparently some can do it, and do it well. Don't ask me, I just love to laugh at the photos. :)

W

woodeng

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone who can play multiple games has my respect . . . I get way to anxious playing multiple games . . . I don't like using the time clock and making others wait, because I don't like it when that is done to me. So it is to much pressure, thus I play one game at a time and enjoy it . . . Which is why I play poker -- for the great entertainment.

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are interested in playing at multiple tables, here are some useful tips that you can use:Increase the number of tables slowly. Playing at multiple tables takes practice. Use large monitors - the bigger the better, so more tables can fit on the screen. Use the resources available at: More → Settings → Gameplay → Multi-Table You can open various menu options using keyboard shortcuts. Some players can use macro programs like AutoHotKey (AHK) to simulate keyboard shortcuts. We can't stand them and we couldn't help you with that.You can manually resize a table by clicking and dragging the bottom right corner of the window. Tables can be organized manually by clicking and dragging the top bar where their names are displayed. When you are happy with the layout, on the main lobby screen, select:More → Settings → Layouts → Table Window Position → Remember Table Position This feature will remember where your previous tables were and place new tables in the same positions.Tables can also be organized automatically by our software.More → Settings → Layouts → Table Window Position Fit Tables: This feature arranges tables in the maximum possible size without overlapping. It is possible to have an overlay with this feature if there are more tables open than your monitor can support in the smallest size. Cascading tables: this feature overlaps the tables with a small undock to allow each table to be manually selected when needed.Superimpose Tables: this feature organizes all tables just below the last table in focus (clicked). We also have a feature called ‘Favorite Place’. This allows you to choose a common table perspective so that you always appear in the same seat. To use this, select:More → Settings → Table Appearance → Favorite Place It has several preferred seat configurations, one for each possible table structure (10 players, 9 players, etc.) and you have to configure each one independently. To define your favorite place, simply mark the desired place.Good study.:deal::deal::deal:

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

I recommend learning to play on more than 2 tables at once, especially if these are tournaments,but you need to start small, if you do not take out 2 tables ,you have your free time to practice, I wish you good luck )

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play on up to 4 tables simultaneously, but it is laborious and requires a lot of concentration.

zsoltyx2

zsoltyx2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general I play, 3-4 tables. with one meal I don't seem to have that much patience.especially if the blind grows harder, 10-12 min

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on the level that each u is at the moment, for beginners I recommend focusing on one game at a time

P

poker hp635

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends on the complexity and level of the tournament, important tournaments usually need more attention, so you need to focus on it. And if it's slow tournaments, then why not play a few if you want

blackclover

blackclover

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play up to 2 tables in tournament.

Falconcesar

Falconcesar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play more than one poker game at a time but I depend on the tournament if it is more important I focus on just one .... I hope you know how to control your hobby !! good luck !?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the person. I prefer to play a few games so that I don't get bored. Others can't and like one game. You have to know your own tolerance.

I will say that if you are playing to work on your game, I would play less tables than you normally would so you can really evaluate what you are doing and take notes to refer back to later.

T

TpaEnforcement

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play , around 4 tables at one time. I play at different sites, all the time. When I first started , i only could play one table at a time. I find that I don't, get bored playing so many tables at a time. I just can't find myself, playing only one table.

Random1609

Random1609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I consider it the best option to play a maximum of two games at the same time, with a large number of simultaneous games, I do not have time to make the right decision.

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, but I realized I am doing much better when I focused on one game. It helps me track each player even if I folded, to learn their game

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I find myself playing two games in different tournaments and I don't think I can pay enough attention to each table. Tell me what works for you in these situations !! Good Community Smokes!
Yes sure, why not?

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't usually play more than one table, I lose focus, and I don't usually have good results. sometimes I have to do it because there are tournaments at the same time, but I don't recommend it.

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
everyone plays as they like. I don't like to play multiple tables at the same time

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Occasionally I find myself playing two games in different tournaments and I don't think I can pay enough attention to each table. Tell me what works for you in these situations !! Good Community Smokes!
Yes, why not? You don t have time to get bored.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Certainly. Over time you get used to playing several games at the same time.

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am playing spins or cash, normally, I play 4 at a time because of regulations. As for tournaments, I dont go for more than two.

Top 10 Games