How often do you bluff?

I

insaneiam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how often do you find yourself jumping in a big bet not because of what your holding but by whats been laid on the flop and you can make others think you may be holding?

R

rproctor5076

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually like to bluff if my hand is still good enough to hit or get lucky with

R

Russian Idiot

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not see anything steep in the bluff, I would give these scammers in the face and go all-in with a straight or flush. Bluff rarely works. Play fair don't cheat !!!

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
HI There
Another funny question
The problem is not bluffing. The problem is to know who is bluffing and
call him
Suggestion: Make notes on all players. You will see that it really works
to improve your game
Rgds

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the tournament players at table, positon, place in the tournament,etc but I’d say a fair amount

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So how often do you find yourself jumping in a big bet not because of what your holding but by whats been laid on the flop and you can make others think you may be holding?

Basic principles of time to bluff.

Your opponent checks to you and you don't have showdown value, so try win a pot you can't win by checking.

Your opponent shows weakness by min betting and they are just taking a stab and you think that. So raise and take it away from them.

You notice your opponent folds a lot and may be folding too much. Bluff them more often as you would likely see success more often than not.

guineasqueak

guineasqueak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my current position of playing freerolls and NL2, I don't feel there's any room for bluffing. Almost nobody is bluffing at these stakes unless your HUD specifically gives you read on a whale or maniac. That being said, there is still room for semi-bluffs on the flop with two overcards & flush draw, etc.

ClickPoker

ClickPoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing the right time is difficult to define. But when that 51% master your analysis. Game tournaments and as you have already said the analysis of your opponents pot, position, betting and how you see yourself ...

T

tayday79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i bluff most of the time when i miss the flop

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now online poker is enough to make a pure bluff. I try to bluff very little and in the least risky situations, so as not to lose most of the stack or the entire stack at all. Stealing change off the table is possible, but when the stakes are high, there's always a big risk of running into it.

C

CalyxCrystals

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now online poker is enough to make a pure bluff. I try to bluff very little and in the least risky situations, so as not to lose most of the stack or the entire stack at all. Stealing change off the table is possible, but when the stakes are high, there's always a big risk of running into it.

This. Bluff as little as possible, keep that tight table image and you have a better chance when you want/need a bluff to go through.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I feel weakness in my opponent then I always bluff :)

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I am in comfortable zone chip-wise, I tend to bluff way more than I should probably, so I regularly lose a lot of chips playing really weak hands. I'll try to improve on that segment

NUGGEETTEE

NUGGEETTEE

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on position and stack. I bluff in larger pots than smaller ones

Deedgee

Deedgee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends on the quality of the players, in terms of online play. The better players are easier to bluff, and the bad players, online, are almost impossible, which is the inverse of the dynamic that I find at my local physical cardroom.

U

urachicho

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You might bluff when re-raising 2.2x to 8.8x with a weak ace sometimes, or when you have a straight/flush draw on the flop and the pot is already big, so you want them to fold already, if they don't & you hit your flush/straight, the reward is so big, just watch out for FH draws when you have these draws because it sucks when you lose to someone having 9 on 9977K (3 same suit).

andi08

andi08

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the table's full, I'm not bluffing at all. There are 4, now and then. heads up - often

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever i sense weakness or there's a board that reps flushes and draws. position is also key as well as the number of ppl in the hand.

R

rdpoker5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
whenever i sense weakness or there's a board that reps flushes and draws. position is also key as well as the number of ppl in the hand.
:icon_thum I also bluff when the card hits my range more than my opponents (lets say a king comes on the turn and I was the preflop raiser and the flop got checked through) and when I do not have any showdown value.

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when I get a bluff off but is very rare that I bluff like that you gotta squeeze Them in there or you'll never get ahead

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Occasionally. It depends on the situation, the board and the opponents.