Are You Afraid Of Chip Leader?

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I definitely choose wisely the hands I play against the chip leader. I rarely call hands nearing the bubble against the chip leader regardless of my cards.

vox1er

vox1er

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should not be afraid of a chip leader with a good hand, as he will always try to pick up the Bank on the preflop.
You're just unlucky.

I

Ianmacca99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's funny how often the chip leader or big stack at the table seems to win pots when he is crushed similar to this scenerio they only have a few outs or go runner runner to eliminate you

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Against the chip leader, I will play more tightly and wait a moment to double the chips. With the middle pair I won’t go all-in preflop. If the flop is a good combination, then only. Of course, there are times when the chip leader goes all-in and you have AA. This is a good chance to double. But in such cases, I often lose. The game is a game. I'm not afraid of the chip leader, I'm just looking more closely at his game. Is it possible to be a chip leader much more dangerous? Everyone is trying to take your stack. Whether you like it or not, you will be aggressive in its place.

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should never fear getting involved with the chip leader, but you should be extra cautious if you are close to big pay jumps or pay bubble.

specialjuice

specialjuice

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would do the same. you just had bad luck

R

r21sp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not need to be afraid of the chip leader just because he has a lot of chips! I easily play against chip leaders because when he has a lot of chips, he values them less and gives them to me easily! the main rule is less bluffing against the chip leader !!

K

KirillOle130

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fear is natural to the body. But the desire to open the opponent's weak hand is very great!:stupido:

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing hot 600 gtd 55c buy in and late registration was almost finishing when suddenly I was removed from one table to another in which was the chip leader.The chip leader was eliminating lots of players and even a pocket aces had no power against his cards.When suddenly came for me pocket jacks:I raised 4x bb and he re raised to 12x bb putting an interrogation point in my head.I didn't know what to do ,I was thinking hard to try to know what he could have,maybe AA or KK QQ but I was sure he hadn't a pair yet so I decided to go all in and the chip leader responded with instant call with a surprising 77.But for my sadness one 7 hit the flop and I was eliminated.So I decided not to fight against chip leaders anymore.
I have never been afraid of them, I have tried all the time to double my money from their stack. I saw it as an opportunity.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, if the chip leader knows what he's doing.

You played the hand exactly right. Folding to the chip leader will just set you up to be ran over. I am never afraid of the chip leader just because of the stack. I evaluate his/her game and look to see what cards and decisions are made and how he/she is running...but I would do exactly what you did in that situation 100% of the time because you are making the right decision and you will win a lot more times than you lose. I know it stings to lose like that, it happens to me too (more often than I would like). Keep working at it and don't fear the chip leader.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Keep fighting

I was playing hot 600 gtd 55c buy in and late registration was almost finishing when suddenly I was removed from one table to another in which was the chip leader.The chip leader was eliminating lots of players and even a pocket aces had no power against his cards.When suddenly came for me pocket jacks:I raised 4x bb and he re raised to 12x bb putting an interrogation point in my head.I didn't know what to do ,I was thinking hard to try to know what he could have,maybe AA or KK QQ but I was sure he hadn't a pair yet so I decided to go all in and the chip leader responded with instant call with a surprising 77.But for my sadness one 7 hit the flop and I was eliminated.So I decided not to fight against chip leaders anymore.

Thanks for sharing your pain.

Please keep fighting chip leaders when you are an 80% favorite. You got what all poker players hope for 80% equity to double your stack. It is exactly the type of situation you want to have happen all the time. His chip stack does not matter, his running hot does not matter. Do not let the pain of losing one hand in one tournament make you play poorly in all other tournaments you play in.

Repeat this to yourself over and over.

I was right and I did what was right! I was right and I did what was right! I was right and I did what was right! I will never stop doing what is right just because it hurts sometimes!

Keep doing what you did and when you get rich doing it remember me.

;)

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that many times certain software benefits those who have more chips for more bad hands that have

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Do not be afraid to be chip leader busy thus may put pressure on other players. Of course much care must be taken not to expose the attacks of danger. Varkata that describes you eject bad luck and what to do are just maps:D

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it very good situation for me when im moved on a table with chipsleader.. i know the fact that he s playing not so tight agains small stacks and i usualy have 60%+ probability to win agains him ..And about chipleaders win almost all time is totally wrong..same math in all situations.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It all depends how they are playing. If they are very loose aggressive then I don't have a problem getting it in against them with at premium hand. That is generally your best spot to double up. sometimes it just doesn't work out an you are eliminated. If you lose and get knocked out just move on the next game knowing that you made the right play

Alex Sentsov

Alex Sentsov

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, you have to be careful with the chipleaders. I only play against them with strong hands.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer play against chip leader or someone that have a big stack, play against the small stacks is worst because most times he will shove so if you dont have good hand probably the better is fold.

C

coolwhipp420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always eye up the chip leader.. its great when you can double up through that player..
you made the correct move.. just the result was unfortunate for you

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes that's right mackmasterss says it's called collectively when you have a little money people are trying to get you to leave faster, especially in tournaments, because if one all the knock, they are not playing is a decent place, that would have to be up higher, so worried about the Chip leader, and it vyigryvaet, and they rise. In Poker, no one will help you, if you are weak, you will be eaten and will be happy, we play for the prize. Fair play! In Poker, contrary for the strong to quickly get the prizes!

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not afraid to play against the chip leader. Wait for good cards and try to double up.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if fear is not worth it to play poker. ostorozhnost- more suited to what I think.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you play against the chip leader you have the advantage that if you raise you will pay almost every time, that you have a good hand to raise, and the disadvantage is that he plays aggressively and until you have some good cards for attack you do not have much chips for that.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
chip leaders are different it depends on his skill

O

oskariy

Enthusiast
Silver Level