Does music improve your game?

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing with music mostly electronic but sometime I feel that music can make me play differently, for example get me over excited in a normal hand just because there was a great part in the song coming and not being completely focused on the game.

What are your opinions does music improve your game?

If it does, what kind of music?

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't really help. If I listen to it, I tend to give tells because I cannot fully concentrate on everything.

J

jiten99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy playing with music mostly electronic but sometime I feel that music can make me play differently, for example get me over excited in a normal hand just because there was a great part in the song coming and not being completely focused on the game.

Well, it depends on the player's mind. BTW, i must say that Music has healing effect and it can fresh brain and makes you feel and think better. So you can take correct decisions on the playing table.

J

jekan85

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
does not always happen in the mood and helps

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, it depends on the player's mind. BTW, i must say that Music has healing effect and it can fresh brain and makes you feel and think better. So you can take correct decisions on the playing table.

Completely agree there are some healing music that make you be more relaxed I quess it depends on what music and the moment. Do you have any recommendations on what music do you hear?

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It is obvious that not everyone will be able to refuse to listen to music during the game. For someone it is just a habit, and someone can not live a minute without your favorite sounds.
Another important point is the emotional component of the music. Given the stress of playing poker, it would be nice to listen to either light, relaxing music or active and positive music. Various " sad " tracks are not your helpers.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

what an interesting question
yes i always have music playing.. i have here an Amazon Echo Dot so i can ask Alexa to play anything know to man.. plus Alexa is great friend...
Alexa remind me in 35 minutes to register on pokerstars Bigger $11
yes i always play music and much depends on many things.. isnt like one go to play list
could be i like one day opera.. the 3 tenors
could be i like classical
could be country & western
could be rock and roll

i think music keeps us centred and during slow (always fold) times.. keeps us busy with play air guitar and the drums on my desk, scaring my cat lol

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

i often put music on when the games are slow..............this i find helps with my concentration....................:D
reggae

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think music helps me when I play poker , especially tournaments , where I might be committed for many hours. So I have to keep my focus and concetration , my mood , and not get sleepy or bored.
Particularly it helps when I start having some tilt furious moments , I can get over them easier that way . Ofcourse as long as I don't overdo it and I listen to the right kind of music that pleases me :)

PaxMundi

PaxMundi

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try and steer clear of the Rocky theme tune. :D

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have noticed that music influences my game. With faster music, my game becomes aggressive. I play passively with slow music. I'm playing in silence now :)

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Certainly music is a good thing but not to listen when you play poker because no matter how cool they definitely razseyva.Mozhesh to blow a piece of the holiday of a turnir.Az prefer the old rock songs from the 80! Are.:D:D:D

Pryakin D

Pryakin D

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that music can help only if you have a super positive mood :) you win and the music does not bother you. But if you play in some important tournament or already far in prizes-the music rather will distract.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
listen to music while playing poker ... it could be a double-edged sword ... since it is obvious that music directly influences your emotions ... some people channel in a positive way all that load of emotions that causes listening to music and it gives them an additional bonus of motivation while they play poker ... but it could also be the other way round and turn into something negative while you play poker and end up losing everything ..!

Santiman

Santiman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing live, I almost always listen to music.. helps me focus and drown out all the senseless chatter of the morons at the table.. Unless they are some regulars who can carry a conversation.. playing online.. definitely! however, in both areas.. I'm in serious need of a play list update!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the music tends to stress me after 20 or 25 minutes of play. I prefer to put a good video (documentary, film, youtube) in the background to help me relax during the game.

mc grindah

mc grindah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Music is great for me, shuffle has saved me with a good song in a few moments of tilt hehe.

StArDemonn

StArDemonn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sure,eye of the tiger����✌️

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I agree, music also always helps me. When during the game I listen to music I am more focused on the game.
Good luck.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally do not like the extra noise during the game of poker. It will only be confusing. I am a lover of silence.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
It’s certainly more fun to play with music, does it improve the game or not is another question

Edgerik

Edgerik

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
For me music plays an important factor in my concentration especially when I'm playing tournaments.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listening to music helps with my mood:0) when I get a messed up hand or a poker dummie I just play a little Sade or something like that to chill me out. Then I get back in there and kick some butt:0) so I say yes it helps me. Good luck and keep grinding:0)

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't listen to music, but if I'm in the right situation I will play with a TV show on in the background. Usually not something I'm too invested in though: something like Family Guy or some standup.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that listening to really high energy music is detrimental because it will get you into a dangerous mindset of playing dumb aggressive. I listen to relaxing music but find out what works best for you.

Top 10 Games