Does Anyone Distract You While You're Playing?

RogerG2k

RogerG2k

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends a lot if the person is very funny and keeps making fun at the table, I unlock yes.

ubo

ubo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many factors detract from the game.
Sometimes play other games - not gambling... That too much of a distraction from poker))

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always someone is there to distract always. :mad: Sometimes it's soo anoying that i almost smack that person in the head with Pc.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep like the above doesn't matter whom it is. IF they come to the house or try to talk to me when I play I lose concentration and lose focus

J

John16

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No one distract me, if it was maybe i ignore it or play somewhere, where you be one

Snakmacher

Snakmacher

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I know the feeling somebody calls you or asks you for your help and your good mood/spirit /relaxation feelings are gone and you start to loose.. ? Well thats not good.. it helps to let the people know what you are about to do and that you dont wish to be disturbed.. or if you dont feel like telling the truth and you are opened with parents you can pretend that you are watching some adult movie for instance :D

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is normally quiet at my home. Until I play online, then it seems as if I am the center of attention with anyone and everyone asking questions, just wanting to talk, or asking my opinion about things. When I am not playing, it seems no one is interested in my opinions at all. hahahahahahaha

BigJamo

BigJamo

Aussie Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So it's not the person, but it's anything that breaks your concentration that will cause you to make bad moves and lose. GL to you

+1

Nobody can play at their best unless they have total concertration towards the game. Especially when multitabling.

JCuervo

JCuervo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I take it as a challenge when playing online at home...TV, wife, dog, and playing multiple games. I think it works the mind better than just focusing on one game. But in reality, the way I play it may not make that much of a difference.

strodawg

strodawg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hope this helps

Me often distracts my mother scolded me for what I play, and it is very effect on me and on my game :(

I don't like it quiet but having people talking to you face to face or phone calls is totally distracting. I have the TV going or music. That helps me keep my composure on the tables. Id play while she is sleeping or gone if she constantly distracts you. I hope this helps.

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
me cats and dogs always want to block my view of the screen or distract me!

romych007

romych007

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My small brother always distract me. He climbs directly into the monitor, and constantly tries to push the buttons.

R

roddypra

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lose for this reason. Sometimes it is the wife, sometimes the other people end up messing up the plays, especially in the long tournaments. If I played in my teens it would be much better hahahah

A

alex_Romejz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love play poker alone so i try to play when my family member they are go out or generally midnights.

C

Creg Gill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Distractions.

Every day when I play I am distracted many things playing online, because the environment makes that happen, the echo that someone turns on the radio or that comes to speak me while I play, my father in ocaciones or someone that just rings the bell in the house, until Sometimes the noise of cars when passing with the music very loud, many issues there are that make one distract at least in my case

Hey there! I have this same problem but what i just started doing is using headphones that cover your ear. It helped me so i thought id share .. good luck!

Ps. It wont stop when people actually come to talk obviously but it does well with the rest 👍

V

Vonick

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you have to be patient and quick minded>

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I don't have wife kids for the time being , so noonne distacts me when I play poker . Also , I don''t have any pets , dog, cat , although I look forward to get one :) . I only have a canary :D it can't cause me trouble , at nights it sleeps in another room so I don't bother it :)

migesan

migesan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not have these problems, put the headphones let soft music :)

vadimknyshov

vadimknyshov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I hate when I'm distracting from the game.
I need full concentration

Awrpze

Awrpze

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm always being distracted by people when I'm playing. It's highly irritating because they think I can just drop everything and stop (when I'm in a tourney). Which is why I try to play more cash games, and shorter sit n' go's while listening to music in my room upstairs.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i can get distracted by not just people but I get caught up in doing other things besides focusing on the game

eueu

eueu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sometimes my sister distracts me a little.

A

ARARAT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
****tail girls always distract me.

G

Gangsta1394

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play online in quiet rooms with music on and only when i have a window of time with nothing going on. It limits distractions and lets me play at ease. otherwise tell mom your crushing souls and can't help