Can you win a tournament without any skill?

H

Halid68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes if u had a begginers luck hard but possible :)

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
luck is 80%
20% goes to "skill" but there is no such skill or whatever, to beat lucky player
So yeah, you can win whole tour. if lucky karma is with you.

Luck is only that high if you are counting 1 tournament.

We play a massive range of MTT so balance variance and skill becomes a lot greater. Playing 1 MTT and winning is lucky. Playing 10,000 and being an overall profitable player is skill.

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take my congratulation for you and your GF )))
Real happy in family)
So I've never won such 888 freerolls cause of GF with out any knowledge of poker gaming who pushed and closed any card and any combination))))

I've only ever played 1 888 freeroll and came 1st. I'm not bragging just freeroll players are so so bad. Anyone with any form of strategy can take them down!

mar_dragan

mar_dragan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It seems unreal,but it is very possibble :D

MoeJurphy

MoeJurphy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It wasn't that long ago a Sunday million final table that satellite in for cheap and his biggest MTT win before was $30.. Not saying he was a bad player but with out much experience must of caught cards to make like $10k..

fortopyan

fortopyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:angel: Only if you are extremely lucky person or beginner ( beginners luck:angel: )

AntonEast

AntonEast

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything is possible in poker so yes, even if the odds are pretty bad for a bad player to win a MTT its still possible. Medioker players have a pretty good chance to win if they got some luck, but the best players will still win in the long run.

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES! oh lawd yes and I hate it because it has happened to me. But let me explain, I am a fairly skilled player and I have sat in tournaments where I rarely have to make a tough decision. I would get awesome hands in a regular matter and stack. I have seen my friends get constant Aces, Kings, and flopped flushes like he makes the cards suck his **** in the middle of the night. Basically, poker players call it running well and theirs nothing you can do about it. These are the players you can't even try to bluff because you know they hit in every damn hand they play. Note these players down and slow down against them. Cool? cool.

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well,I have seen some people win Cardschat tournaments where they relied mostly on their luck,so I would say yes.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe it possible.
Poker is a combination of both. Neither separately will make a star player.
In the long term, the good player will always win, that is, one with more skills and knowledge of the game. It is true that beginner's luck may exist, but not in the long term.

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline
To gradually win at poker, the most important skill to develop is discipline. Undoubtedly, the other skills are dependent on discipline. You must have discipline to wait for a good hand, a good game, the expected opportunity. The discipline implies refrain from playing hands that can get us into trouble, manage Bonkroll and learn from mistakes.

S

Stone Cold Tom

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, you can win a tournament with luck only but it happens so rarely, much rarer than people think. You must make some good calls sooner or later even if you have a ton of luck. Bottom line you must understand the game on a basic level at least.

BogdanStark

BogdanStark

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well,I have seen some people win Cardschat tournaments where they relied mostly on their luck,so I would say yes.

We can see how many russians came to the CardsChat and get into the final tables, especial on Tuesday freeroll. And I have been played against such persons, they really have no skill, only luck...

Dany_Style

Dany_Style

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont know,but you have skill,must have and luck,because of your hand is QQ and somebody push from button with QJ and you lose.. is bad really i have this case and i finish 10 place..i be like wow wow...but just happend,my hand lose 600 000 k chips..and i lose 1 place before final table...

lookas11

lookas11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just want to know if you can win any tournament just by being lucky, including freerolls and every other tournament.
yes indeed man I can it was few times actually but it was lucky ?or skills >?:joyman:

jscales

jscales

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Winning on luck alone

If we are talking about a tournament with a low number of people in the tournament, then I would say yes... Although not very often. The more people there are in a tournament the less likely luck by itself will win.

Everybody will get lucky at some point in a tournament. Even if you play perfectly you will get lucky in a spot or two.

So, while luck alone can win a tournament, throw in some skill too and you can win a lot of tournaments.

J

johnnygadget

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes you can win on pure luck. When I first started playing, I played a ton of freerolls on ps, and a few times it was like every hand I played I won. Did this all the way to the final table more than once. For some reason the algorithms just liked me sometimes. Every hand I either flopped top pair, or rivered the highest straight or something, it had absolutely nothing to do with skill.

maniaka68

maniaka68

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not yet but i will try i hope some day to be a one of the best player here whit practice and little luck