F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Be patient? Yes! MTT; Not! SNG.

Its not just about having patience. Large tournaments also require, that you have the time and sometimes stamina to play them. Most of the largest tournaments start at a time, which mean, that people based in Europe have to play well into the night. People based in Asia on the other hand have to get up extremely early. Neither of that is particularly practical, if you have other things going on in your life than just poker ;)

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is not just to be patient. Major tournaments also require you to have time and strength to play them. Most of the biggest tournaments starts at the same time, which means that people based in Europe need to play all night. People based in Asia, on the other hand, need to wake up early greatly. None of this is particularly handy if you have other things going on in your life beyond poker;)

This is true, but after sitting, lack patience. go back and try it or gets your tournament will be ruined.!

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do not play them both?) I'm playing sng mtt and sometimes cash

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
CIS tournaments are more stable and less dispersive. especially with a slow structure. this allows you to make fewer mistakes and also rely less on luck. try it yourself

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Grafiti7! I'm think no need to rush to extremes... I mean, need try to be
an universal player, and to play sit&go and tournaments in the dependence
from your conditions at this point in time. Because, if not go successfully
in Sit&go, can switch on the tournaments, if not go successfully in the
tournaments, can come back to sit&go. If go successfully in sit&go and
tournaments, then can combine, that get more profit. I'm yourself so do.:cool:

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really like the sit a go of 180 players are the best.

F

Fatman0912

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it depends. I like to play both Sit&Go's and tournaments. The good thing of a Sit&Go is that I can play it whenever I want. Another advantage is that you usually perfectly know how long the tournament will last if you reach for example the final table. Tournaments have a bigger prize pool which pay off more if you get really far.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Isn't s&g simply for spamming tournaments while managing your bankroll safely.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do not play them both?) I'm playing sng mtt and sometimes cash

So do I, but if you are really serious about poker and aiming to become a professional, its probably best to avoid becoming a "jack of all trades but a master of none". SnGs however are just tournaments, that start on demand rather than schedule, so I would not consider them a special game format.

The main separation is between tournaments and cash games. In tournaments the blinds go up, and the value of chips go down, as you accumulate more of them. In cash games none of this is the case.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
SnG is for me much better then some tour ( exepct with big buy inn).
Well, for example I want to play SnG 180 player 2.50$ buy inn, in one and half hour if i stay i will be at final table and in the money for sure.

Now i want to play for example big 2.20, first must play like 2 hours for late registration, then another 2 hours of play for some money, and after 4 hours of playing , u are in the money but only for buy inn..

Soo if u ask me , Sng tour is better than some tour with same prize for buy in. Am I right ?
I would recommend playing single-table and non-turbo SNG tournaments for 6-9 people. try it, it will bring much more profit than waiting from tournaments. but you should not ignore tournaments, you can load a pack of SNG and 1-2 MTT tournaments to mix the load

M

marvbake

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
SNGs, there's a more likely outcome of winning.

MTTs, not as much, but when you do win there's a very high return on your investment.

Depends on your bankroll on which games to play. I usually do 20 Buyins for SNGs and 40 Buyins for MTTs.

But def playins SNGs early on help you get a better feel on MTTs.

When you have played so many there will come a point where you just have a good feel period that you don't even rust anymore. Doesn't matter if you've taken a long break.

You're less inhibited, you've seen so many situations, etc. but to reach that point you have to put in a lot of volume and be constantly pushing yourself against your inhibitions that it will gradually go away.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournament and sit&go

Tournament and sit&go.

The participation number of people is different substantially.

But a tournament considers the expectation value, and there are a lot of negligent people, and all the members are serious for a sit go, so I think after all both are the same state.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on your bankroll on which games to play. I usually do 20 Buyins for SNGs and 40 Buyins for MTTs.

That is extremely aggressive and will only work, if you are willing to move up or down constantly. Or redeposit, when you go broke, in which case it was not really a bankroll but more like a budget ;)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I like playing tournaments for their big top prizes , but I would like to start playing a lot more sngs , starting with the micro buy-in , to get practice and because they last less time which is awesome . But ofcourse I will keep on playing tournaments and satellites for them :)

Thewha7

Thewha7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm not sure which I've been playing 99% cash I'm just starting to get into tournaments so this is am interesting thread for me

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wont argue with your logic on time but personally I prefer big field MTT's.
I'll play a free game for 4 hours to win 2.50 so there's no reason why I wont play for 6 hours to win 4 or 5 or more or less.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Sit"gos or Mtts

good afternoon everyone
I usually do better playing sit'gos, but I've been increasing the number of Mtts records.
Speaking of sit'gos, I was eliminated from 2 sits in a row I went All in 3 times in a row:
In 1st place a villain around 1,200 chips goes All in on BTN, I call on BB around 3,000 chips with villain's QTo vs Q8s and he wins in sequence, the next hand I with JJ against the same villain who gave I raised All in villain with KQo, beats my set and villain wins with straight.
On the other site pot with multiple players beats my set of 6 and villain will put me all in on the turn and I call a ten and complete a straight for villain, 3 straight hands losing to straight.
pokerstars is a bad bet all the time, it is disgusting.
Enviar feedback
Histórico
Salvas
Comunidade

Attachments

• 66 vs 87s 27 09 2019.jpg
    66 vs 87s 27 09 2019.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 5
  • JJ vs KQo  27 09 2019.jpg
    JJ vs KQo 27 09 2019.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 5
  • QT vs Q8s  27 11 2019.jpg
    QT vs Q8s 27 11 2019.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 5
G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me is MTT right now a best option simply because i have no bankroll, but maybe after me winning some freerolls i will go to SNG! Maybe even 1 table - it's easy money for 40 mins for turbo table.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bamhant (or select) is the ability to choose tables. To avoid a disadvantageous or less profitable game with strong opponents. This is all right. You can take part in this tournament or wait for the next one. Do I have a lot of nicknames that have brought you trouble? Is it clear that this tournament is not profitable for you? No problem! Just skip it, sign up for the next one. SnG start all the time. It's very nice. It's like cheating death;)Well, if you see a couple of “sweet” nicknames in the list of registered participants, or very weak, or even tilt regulars - headlong move your mouse cursor towards the "register" button. Keeping a close eye on registered members can be difficult because of the separation of concentration between the game and the lobby. But bamhant always paid off, pays off and will pay off in full
Now for the distance. If each SnG tournament on average lasts much less than any MTT tournament, then you can play more of them every day. This means a longer distance, which protects you more from downstrikes (unsuccessful lanes) and brings more profit.