why play freerolls over 200 entrants?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
And he says he laments the American bastardization of the English language.... hmmmmph!

________ Back to thoughts on the freerolls. I can honestly say that I have never, repeat NEVER, failed to recover my buyin in them. I would venture a small bet you can not say that about the stakes you consider important.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also freerolls are also alot easier to win than tourneys with an actual buyin, and they are a great way to build an online BR from scratch. Actualy, if it wasnt for freerolls no one could make money without depositing. I have made about $500 from freeroll winnnings over different sites, i have never put my own money online, i dont need to. At the stakes i play, its not hard to make a decent BR from nothing.
Ive now got $40 on stars and i have never deposited.

So, why play in freerolls? My answer is to make money. :)

Not to be rude but are you for real saying this? If your are winning at freerolls you need to step up and use your skills at least at SnGs.

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^Yes i am for real, i also play sit n gos though. You dont think freerolls ar eharder do you?

Last edited:
arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are easier to win because people act a lot more like idiots since a lot of people who have never deposited money (and are probably underage) play in them. :\

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think freerolls are easier to win because people act a lot more like idiots since a lot of people who have never deposited money (and are probably underage) play in them. :\

You can still be a good underage player. ;)

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not to be rude but are you for real saying this?
For real it's easier to win a 1,000 player freeroll than a 1,000 player real money MTT, if only for the fact that a portion of the freerollers will sitout or "all-in or bust" first hand. Freeroll choice is the key, the $1,000 Titan monthly game had 29 players so i'll play that every month, but i'd never play the Full Tilt $25 freerolls or the pokerstars 2 stage freerolls.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can still be a good underage player. ;)

I'm not saying you can't, but a lot of the underage players are immature, not saying everyone of course but you know what I mean....

Emperor IX

Emperor IX

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I'm a damn good underage player (17), if I do say so myself ;)

I play in freerolls because I hear that once all the donks blow themselves out in the first 5 minutes, it's about as close to a real moeny poker game you can get for free, and I could use the experience, because I suck at online poker.

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only assume by your replies that you are in fact only 15 years old???

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only assume by your replies that you are in fact only 15 years old???

What :confused: lol
Im not 15, but me and my friends did play online when we were 15. And i think that 15 or 16 should be the age were you are allowed to gamble in your own home, also if people underage want to play online poker then there is no way to stop them.
Might aswell let them do it imo.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For real it's easier to win a 1,000 player freeroll than a 1,000 player Real money MTT, if only for the fact that a portion of the freerollers will sitout or "all-in or bust" first hand. .

If this was the case you would have only people playing the freerolls and not signing up for the buyins. Buyins are easier because you have a great deal of predictability of play whereas in a FR anything goes.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats what I consider a freeroll. when you assume what others are ....... is a bluff coming?

I'm perfectly uncool.....my reason I've made a living playing poker exclusively for over 4 years now. I just wanted some input since I just joined this forum.

your first impressions are prolly best. Maybe I should post 1,000 inane spouts.

jesus it's tough enough to get a friend when you play poker alot........don't make a public forum unbelievable as well

Just curious why your cut off is $10+1?

As for why?
There are stages that players need to work through to get better. You need to be able to play against the $1 and win before you should play the $5. Beat them and then move on to the $10. Would someone stick around poker long if they could only play for $100 a game. How are you suppose to keep anyone into the game if you outprice everyone. How could they get any better if you can only afford to play once a month.

You also have to look at bankroll management. Some players only have $100 that they allow themselves. Should they play 2 $50 buy-in and go for broke or play a bunch of $5 games for entertainment value. Not everyone need to or want to make poker their job. Of course a PRO like yourself doesn't want to nickel and dime around but you obviously have the skill and bankroll to play the higher stakes.

As for why people are being sarcastic to you. You just insulted about 75% of the on-line poker community who spends most of their time at games under $10. Sorry to say but you are in the minority if you only play $10 and above.

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The issue about underage gambling has little to do with the gambling part other than it is so easy for underage gamblers to get into big financial problems which could easily become their parents responsibility.

Learning the game is good. Play pocket change poker with your friends socially. As a general life guideline, do yourself a huge favor and stay away from credit.

Credit is worse than mobsters and drugs and mobsters and drugs combined. Use it sparingly.

reglardave

reglardave

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking it would be nice to know some thoughts on these beasts. Why play? I'll give you my thoughts after a few reply's.

btw I consider anything under a $10+1 a freeroll.

Why play? Here's why- Sunday nite, I played a $10+1 at PS, the field was almost 3200, and first place paid out around 13K; this aft., I played the $2+20 shorthanded on PS, starting field 930 some, 1st weighed in at $431. So, for my 12 bucks, had a chance at almost 14k. Did I win either/both, NO. Came 61st Sunday, and 40th today. Stil, walked off with 87 bucks for my 13.20 investment, and 5 or so hrs of my time. I don't play to support myself, I play fpr fun, hopefully for some profit, and for the chance of a big payday. Also, I'm about 500 hands more experienced than I was, and by god I was close enough to FT in both of these puppies that a break or couple at the right time coulda made a huge difference. Will I ever win a BIG payday playing this way? Don't kmow, but hope springs. I expect to, sometime, and so I pick my spots, and I play the best I know how, and I hope. And, along the way, I met these incredible folks at CC, most of whom are very much like me in their approach to the game. They say that they are a worldwide poker community, and they mean it!

You say it's hard to play poker and have friends; you described yourself in another post here as a smartass. Well listen to this- I play poker, I'm an incredible smartass, and I consider many of these good people friends, at least "virtual" friends. So thumb yer nose and pick yer butt at that; or vice versa, I really don't care which.

Freeroll Passwords