why play freerolls over 200 entrants?

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking it would be nice to know some thoughts on these beasts. Why play? I'll give you my thoughts after a few reply's.

btw I consider anything under a $10+1 a freeroll.

Last edited by a moderator:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

lets see $1 for $500 1st place might be good reason.

as for freerolls no im not sitting 5 hours for $10 1st place but I will sit 5 hours for $500 1st place. $100 a hour better then $2 a hour.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lets see, a 10+1 with 200 players would be a 2000 pot with say 30% or 600 going to the winner - not what I'd call a freeroll by any stretch of the imagination. You must be independently wealthy to subscribe to this definition of freeroll.

Now as to playing for 3-4 hours for 10-15 bucks, never have never will. I do know that this is the only option for some folks to build a bankroll and there are many success stories to be found here. Not my cup of tea personally but to each his own...

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well

usually when new members make posts like this it is usually because they are low limit players the do play micro stuff and want us to think that they are high limit players . Guess they just want us to think they are cool, most players that actully do play high limits dont usually go around knocking what someone else might play.

just my observation. See I have always played low limits online so im allowed to make fun of it. :)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
usually when new members make posts like this it is usually because they are low limit players the do play micro stuff and want us to think that they are high limit players . Guess they just want us to think they are cool, most players that actully do play high limits dont usually go around knocking what someone else might play.

just my observation. See I have always played low limits online so im allowed to make fun of it. :)
Wow storm, you burst my bubble, just when was thinking this poster was a cool dude:p

riffpoker

riffpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats what I consider a freeroll. when you assume what others are ....... is a bluff coming?

I'm perfectly uncool.....my reason I've made a living playing poker exclusively for over 4 years now. I just wanted some input since I just joined this forum.

your first impressions are prolly best. Maybe I should post 1,000 inane spouts.

jesus it's tough enough to get a friend when you play poker alot........don't make a public forum unbelievable as well

Last edited by a moderator:
stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

you couldnt put all that in one post?

dj11

dj11

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a self proclaimed bona fide FRW, I play freerolls, REAL freerolls for the sport. Any money made gets blown fast, but the game itself fascinates me.

Glad you can make a living off it. Me? I don't have that stress. I can laugh off losing hands, or stupid play by others or myself. And sometimes, just for the hell of it, I can purposely be the donk. I sort of get the feeling you've lost the fun part of the game to the business part of the game.

I can try out all the things I read here and elsewhere, and not have to worry about who is gonna think what about me or my play.

When, and if I feel real comfortable winning freerolls on a regular basis, then I might get serious about taking those winnings to a higher level.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My current bodog free roll, 5k entrants 1.3k left.

1st place = $222.50

Average = 3k chips
I have = 8k chips with no rebuys or addons *now 13k chips

* = update

C

cuicyde king

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am a freeroll player and I do it for sport and learning as even if I do not win. I feel a gain from the experience but as Chris Ferguson is trying to prove the rags to riches theory by earning off freerolls and then playing using the winnings to play higher and higher stakes shows there is a purpose to these freerolls. These freerolls also provide for those who are just recreational players to earn cash without depositing any funds or for those who can't afford to deposit at all. Freerolls seem bogus to some as the effort required are not worth the spoils but in the end they provide for some in prizes and in experience.

arkadiy

arkadiy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got 200th place :(

Lost with 10 / king suited to 77 :(

I had the most unlucky cards for about an hour. :(

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lmao 10+1 being freeroll coz 13k top prizes are freeroll numbers err how i put this impolitly hmm

ah yes op is a troll

Vhyre

Vhyre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Uhhhhh........
words fail here......
Lemme see, how about...ohhh...Poser?
Ya...that'll do nicely.

G-Darius

G-Darius

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am new to online poker (around 3 weeks) and because i have little money i have been practicing on play money tables but i have become drawn into entering freerolls.The enviroment is different,more exciting and i feel because of the huge number of entries into some of these freerolls that i am actually learning more because of the varying levels of experience at the tables watching fish like me getting picked off.
One instance is continuation betting i have seen new players including my self get caught many a time but last night in freeroll with me and one other seeing a flop i sensed hesitation from him on the flop and on the turn he was thinking for around 5 seconds i had already checked the `Raise box` before the had pressed `call` and i did have several outs,he of course folded at my raise.I learned that through my own mistakes through playing more experienced players in tourneys,obviously good players are not just found on cash tables.

IrishDave

IrishDave

A Member
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last Friday evening we had a spammer on giving away $10 if you joined FT through his affiliate link. Guess who was one of the first to jump on that bandwagon even with a lot of regulars saying don't???

BTW, spammer didn't mention the catch attached to the $10

Thankfully Dorkus joined us and killed thread but not before certain folks showed their true colors...

Dorkus Malorkus

Dorkus Malorkus

HELLO INTERNET
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol Dave just owned this thread.

btw OP, gib username on Stars pls.

Stefanicov

Stefanicov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Quickest thread ever 100 replies in 1hr lool

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can I pre-empt his reply? "I make my money playing bricks and mortar poker, I only play online for a laugh because online poker is rigged".
FYP :)

4Aces

4Aces

is watching you
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was just thinking it would be nice to know some thoughts on these beasts. Why play? I'll give you my thoughts after a few reply's.

I still play freerolls, but not as much as i used to. And i only play $500 and $1,000 freerolls. I agree that its not worth playing for hours just to get $15 for first, but some freerolls give a few hundred dollars for 1st.
Also freerolls are also alot easier to win than tourneys with an actual buyin, and they are a great way to build an online BR from scratch. Actualy, if it wasnt for freerolls no one could make money without depositing. I have made about $500 from freeroll winnnings over different sites, i have never put my own money online, i dont need to. At the stakes i play, its not hard to make a decent BR from nothing.
Ive now got $40 on stars and i have never deposited.

So, why play in freerolls? My answer is to make money. :)

crancko

crancko

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Damn you guys are fun, when you really bite into it. Wish i got some of the weird shorts though. Afraid ill have to join dakota and just go "HUH??"

fyp... gib... WTF???

Freeroll Passwords