Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I will tell you, have you ever been involved in a poker game and suddenly the phone rings and someone needs a lift to the hospital or picking up from the Airport.
I have and let me tell you it is soul destroying leaving a game you are winning, to go and make a living, you see I was a self-employed Taxi Driver for 15 years and had to work when I was needed, not when I wanted, so playing poker was something I did in the quiet times of the day.
Also have you ever been on a winning streak and suddenly your computer decides it has had enough and crashes on you, or the Internet stops working, I am sure we have all been there one time or another.
So that is why I play free-rolls not to make a fortune but so I do not lose a small fortune when things start to go wrong.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well I feel you cause it has happen to me playing and winning and suddenly something urgent comes up and stops from playing but I have learn that those freeroll winning sometime I play that on other tourneys or some cash game adn win more is something you might do to have more fun at games with a bigger prizepool cause to me sometimes playing always freeroll it makes me lose motivation and gets boring

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is why I play cash games 95% of the time. You can play and stop in a minute :)

Szyilard

Szyilard

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

I’m so that when I sit down to play there’s nothing but the game. I want to win and I don’t just spend my time there because I’m bored. In my 17 years, I didn't have to stand up in front of the machine, and if there was a problem with the power, the phone was there until the problem passed. What I have is that I give 100% of what I am doing and there is no other option.

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freerolls are nice way to experience how the tournaments are like (minus the start phase of the freerolls where it's a donkfest).

felipem29

felipem29

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad luck or something else?

I think that generally when you play a frerroll you play in a more relaxed way, since you do not put your money at risk, and you get all the plays you want, but in the end it is because you have more confidence and you do not doubt whether to go or not to go, You just get carried away by Intuition, and it really works.:p;)

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That is very unfortunate for you. You could play Cash games though. You can quit anytime you want if there's any interruption goin' on while you're playing.

N

neptun1914

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are good way to practice and build some basic knowledge and initial bankroll. Regarding the interruptions during game play - i suppose that we have all been there. One of the lessons i learned quickly is to not play tournament unless i have enough free time to play it to the end if needed. Of course if your job do not allow this you can play cash games instead of tournaments as you can always leave the table with your earnings at any time.

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Because it is an excellent BR builder. With some patience you can go far in most of those tourneys.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are a good opportunity to hone your skills without investing money. Also here you can meet players who will meet in paid tournaments.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There is not such a big problem if it happens during freerolls. And urgent things priorize all the rest. We have to set the priorities including us and the ones we love or the ones needing serious help. Some things are just far more important then a poker match.
But for sure, when the internet crashes, it sucks. Anyway it's part of the patience learning - if you effort to practice it.

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I once played a freeroll and had to sit out for 45 mins. Came back and still made the final table. I think I left at a good time because I was in top 5 and maybe I would have started to lose the time I left.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yes! I am very familiar with the 'I am back' button.

L

Leifhackman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play free rolls just to practice. Eventhough it is wild and crazy especially in the beginning in the tournament people are trying to play their best just like in bigger money tournaments also. Of course, there are more seasoned and skilled players in bigger tables but free rolls are a great way to start. And when I win something I try my luck in pay tournaments.

And another thing: there are no rebuys neither add ons!!!! Everyone is with their skills in the same starting line.

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We are pretty much different, even I like to play freerolls, too. I know the feeling, last time on an FT, and an FT bubble a thunderstorm visited my place, so the electicity's gone... anyway in my place the 1 second electricity 'breaks' happens quiet often... that is annoying too...

However, I always started even the micro buy-in tourneys 'prepared' for playing it until the 1st place, so planned for 6-8-10-12-14 playing hours... if some real coincidence did not turn up, I always played the full sessions... by the way, it is part of the poker, like you run out from time on a given table, miss click etc. I see sit out players quiet often, not on freerolls...

Just my opinion, if you do not like CG, maybe you can try the 1 table sng turbo micro stakes, if you wish to play for real money buy-ins...

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I play freerolls, to build up my bankroll without having to give any
poker sites my credit card info, unless I win big and wa t to cash out.

G

goozfrahbah

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Freerolls are nice way to experience how the tournaments are like (minus the start phase of the freerolls where it's a donkfest).

from my experience almost all freerolls (esp on ACR) are a donkfest all the way through lol

PokStorm

PokStorm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing online always carries the risk of being interrupted by a faulty connection, a power cut, wife, customers... etc.
But it's so convenient that nothing can stop me from trying to participate. :D

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that usually when you play a frerroll you play in a more relaxed way, since you don't put your money at risk, and you get all the moves you want, but in the end it's because you have more confidence and you don't have doubts about whether to go or not, you just get carried away by intuition, and it really works. :p;)[/TO QUOTE]
I do my answer

P

Prisjbuff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This could be away to start woth 0 and build your bankroll up from a freroll i recently won a private homegame and went from 0 to 30 dollars

GODZZ

GODZZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Free rolls are the shit . I've rebuilt my BR countless times using free rolls. GLGL

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Free money

Plain and simple everyone loves to get something for nothing. You can’t win a boatload of money most of the time. However, you get to play online and it doesn’t cost you anything but time.

Z

Stay Safe

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
freeroll play helps improve the way you keep practicing in real situations with real players