Who taught you to play poker?

Teodora Agardi

Teodora Agardi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My father teached me, when I was 6 and we played every weekend ,of course for fun!I started with 5cards classic poker ... and I met texas HoldEm when I was 15.I really love playing 😊Now my 9 years old daughter is my partner.

PogHuk

PogHuk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Taught me a friend. I registered on fulltilt. Started playing and I somehow managed to win. It is a pity that now Russia banned the poker clubs. Earlier a friend and I often went to play live, often won. Now playing on pokerstars online, still no luck.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two years ago I started to play and I went very well, I keep in study with a Brazilian friend, analyzing the hands and seeing each tournament that we play and thus know what the error is and what are the virtues

M

MstrBlast3r

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me ... Myself ... and I ... lol Truely when I first started playing in 2002/2003 just myself and reading a lot of books and forums. DNegs Fullcontact poker forum was awesome back then.

twizzybop

twizzybop

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Myself, I always enjoyed cards since I was a child. I played early on from spades and cribbage. Playing home games of poker from stud, to baseball, guts, you name it. Later on in life was hold-em, playing online for awhile and doing the occasional live hold-em. I was reading the books, watching the live broadcasts of wsop and such, then started watching the videos. Taking notes on what I learned, on others as I played them. I am by no means great, I like to think more of formidable. I can sit down at a hold-em table and hold my own

S

SpeedBump621

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A college buddy turned me on to poker. Funny part is...he was boasting about how he was taking 3-400 bux a month off FT or PS. Being a novice to this game I told him he was an idiot to play online poker because it was rigged (this is what we all have heard right? lol)

He gave me a book that detailed the basics of NL Hold Em. I read it. Loved it! It was amazing! At the time I thought that the game was purely based on math.

I opened an account on the largest poker site. Started using play money. Told myself if i could turn the 2000 chips into 300,000 I'd deposit $100 bux.

Play money was easy as long as i controlled my emotions. I got to 300k chips quickly. My only deposit ever on the site dwindled to $37. Immediately following this I took 2nd place in a MTT that started at 3am Friday morning.

I used the proceeds to purchase more books. I tested most theories and tried to work on my MANY weaknesses.

Anywho.....a buddy got me interested in the game. But, like most others, I think it's up to myself to constantly be aware of what other players are doing with respect to poker theory.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My parents played poker(5 card stud,deuces wild)on the weekends with family n friends and i paid attention:cool:

0_5v

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started on Facebook poker.

But who really taught me was watching Daniel Negrano on Youtube and PS school.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned to play poker watching it on TV.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The rules of the game explained to friends, and to be able to play and know the rules of the game are two different things

iosif18

iosif18

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ff

10 years ago ...some friends invited me at home to play a card game .POKER .Since then is my favorite card game ....luck skill patience all included there .

Fisherman_63

Fisherman_63

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my friend showed me this game. And you can learn all your life

Clasher

Clasher

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Self taught but its a never ending lesson

blanktheman

blanktheman

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
noone really taught me, i played play money tournaments for fun. Eventually a friend told me to try freerolls and so I did. The rest is history.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned playing in the game desire ... an old site of online games.

F

freeman_you

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
я научился играть сам,увидел по ТВ шоу с финалом чемпионата мира по покеру,и заинтересовался игрой.;)

Adriemoren

Adriemoren

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here in Brazil is the day to celebrate friendship. I want to ask you all whom teached you to play poker since i've learn with my friends.
TY everyone
Hi! I learn with my boss at work. He love poker and need partners to play. He teachs me and 5 other works partners. We buy a poker table. Some chips.and play every twesday at Night.
After this I start play at pokerstars. And continúe today at every room that I can.

Mortis

Mortis

The Saurus
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
My grandfather taught me when I was a wee boy. We used to play 5 card draw together and bet with snacks.

In more recent years, it was my ex-roommate who got me into Hold 'Em and tournament poker back in 2006.

Masi2197

Masi2197

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good start for the publicity of pokerstar, then I was reading some books and above all I taught a friend barasilero with whom I have great confidence and a beautiful friendship, we analyze plays and learn together styles of play