Who taught you to play poker?

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i knew poker from my friend, when i was in senior high school. he told this is (poker) is a nice game, game on read people, strategy game, patientce, and decision maker. then i was so interesting about this game. until now i am 29 years old i still love and playing this game at low stake, but my friend who teached me didnt play anymore. i feel so thank full for him.

AgentXtreme

AgentXtreme

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
at first , my best friend showed me the game through free application on phone , then I fall in love with the game , and start playing it daily , and I decided to start playing for real money , and here I am :D

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught myself. My older cousins would play when I was younger and I felt really left out so I went home and taught myself on the wsop App...I came back and beat them all [emoji48] the rest is history

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
My poker story starts once I happened to be looking for a football game on TV that I wanted to watch ... and suddenly I was broadcasting a poker tournament ... that caught my eye to such an extent that I immediately looked for In goglee the rules of the game and I was watching the whole tournament .... that day I started to investigate more about the game of poker ... watch several videos and tutors ... so I learned to play this wonderful game .... !

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nobody taught me how to play poker. I just found on the Internet a table of poker combinations and started to play. After playing a little I decided to read the tactics of the game, also on the Internet. In the future I watched as poker professionals play.

T

theblizzardofoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I taught myself, it could be a valuable insight as to why I SUCK :eek:

Drowy

Drowy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself considered poker difficult game before i knew any rules of the game and i remember people tried to explain me how to play,i was like "whaaat, how can a card game be so complicated" and gave up untill one day my online friend was mentioning poker and invited me to play so we sat down to a 0.02 table and started playing :) ever since i cant stop playing cause the rules of the game are like 10% of what you actually need to know and learn.

I have tried to teach people to play and we never get down to complete game cause all i do is talk for 20 mins to even get them the idea of the game:D

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned alone, studying and watching videos, so I started to practice in PS.

dundo84

dundo84

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've learned 5 card draw poker as a child, and later when holdem came up i just adopted.
Through pokerstrategy i learned the basics for holdem ( starting hands, ranges, position etc.).The rest i've picked up online watching and reading.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned alone, on the platform of game desire. I did very well there, but in the PS, I'm only bothered! Lol

Djmickre

Djmickre

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learning for my own. Zynga Poker on Facebook, pokerschool...

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker at family events

I learned to play poker very poorly at family events when I was younger. I was trained to be a calling station and found that I was a very bad player when I actually found out how to play. Later I got advice from my unstable friend who did not teach me well haha. I have since retrained myself and can play decent poker by looking up things online.

Kruel7y

Kruel7y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here in Brazil is the day to celebrate friendship. I want to ask you all whom teached you to play poker since i've learn with my friends.
TY everyone

It was 2004 or so. my friend told me that GARENA the eSport platform ( aka GG ) and texas hold'em poker and win some GARENA gold user and I start play this game. that time I had no idea how to win. I didn't even know I did win the hand, only see my balance increase or decrease, rofl. then start to addict this game that time on. after highschool gambling is legit in Mongolia. then I work as bartender in poker club. when poker club empty in dawn, all workers including dealers barman waitress start to play poker. 1M chips everyone got and if you lose, you'll lose 10$ worth money. that was my first live poker. that was so much fun and feelsgoodman.
yet no one taught me how to play.

Marinade23

Marinade23

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started by myself playing at Facebook and soon I realized I wanted real money. But I was so impatient as a player and one day my brother saw me playing and he started playing as well. Soon he became an excellent player and have won many tour lasting 8-9 hours! I am really jealous of his patience which is really important in poker. :)

deform fedot

deform fedot

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember my first Texas Hold'em game. It was a game in a circle of friends - 8 people.
The type of cash game, now I'm more excited about the tournament, but it was then that I fell in love with poker in the game with friends.

R

rob feugill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
my brother

my brother taught me about 8 years ago and been playing ever since

M

myuk1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i learned mostly on my own, from just playing online poker for play money when i was younger, but my older brother taught me the mechanics. Its a very different thing to learn the mechanics from someone than to learn how to actually play the game.

sanych

sanych

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned to play myself, vods, books, etc.

F

fernandoprrt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I learned by myself, studying, reading books, watching the pros videos, streams and practicing in PS.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
only practic u will coach

amxvulcan

amxvulcan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
poker

My dad taught me to play when I guess I was 5 or so.